Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1303883 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1470 on: September 28, 2015, 02:26:40 AM »

Thanks for that!  I really appreciate what you had to say here.  Smiley

Yeah, we've known each other for almost 20 years and the friendship has survived a lot and always come out stronger.  Not disagreements between us, mind you.  Just thing that happened in our lives that temporarily drove us apart.  She lived in another state for a long time, I was in school, just those kind of things.  So, I'm not afraid to speak to her about it and tell her that it's not really my bag, baby.  I'm not sure if you would consider this a core value or not, but I've had too many people in my life destroy themselves with alcohol.  There's also a very good reason why getting drunk is a bad idea for this person in particular, but it seems dishonorable to speak of it on a forum, so I'll keep it to myself.  I have no desire to watch the possible outcome of people being drunk, either.  I don't do that whole "puking and blacking out" thing.  If THAT starts?  Bye.  I have zero patience for it, no matter who it is.  

That being said, if she wants to go out and get a little tipsy, I can put up with it.  There's a big difference between "I had a few drinks and now I'm giggling at silly crap" and "Ohhhh llawwwdd, I IZ SOOO DRRRUUNKKK LMFAO. 'RRRR-THANG IZ HEEELAAAARRRREEEUUSSS!  I LUUUUVVV UUUUU MAAAAN!"  

The latter will earn an entire ocean of contempt from me and it sounds to me like that's what she's going for.  So, we'll have a chat about it and see.  Smiley

You could offer to do something else with her as well - the 2 of you.

I did that with one of my best friends.  His bachelor party was hours away from me and involved some stuff I didn't particularly want to do either - so we did a road trip another weekend for an NFL game; his hometown team was playing mine.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2772

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1471 on: September 28, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »

If I still have time to chime in...

You may also have been presented an opportunity to be present in order to keep this person from doing something exceptionally stupid while drunk.  Roll Eyes
The "universe" can have a strange way of putting us where we need to be.  Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1472 on: September 28, 2015, 03:34:23 PM »

If I still have time to chime in...

You may also have been presented an opportunity to be present in order to keep this person from doing something exceptionally stupid while drunk.  Roll Eyes
The "universe" can have a strange way of putting us where we need to be.  Wink

Nah,  I doubt it.  All of my friends know my "rules" for drinking.  If they start to get drunk around me?  Bye.  I'm gone.  The fact that my friend even asked me to participate in this, knowing how I feel about the whole "drunk and dumb" thing kinda irks me.  If she does something stupid, it's on her.  Someone else can handle it.  I'm no one's savior in this kind of scenario and never will be.  Wink

You could offer to do something else with her as well - the 2 of you.

I did that with one of my best friends.  His bachelor party was hours away from me and involved some stuff I didn't particularly want to do either - so we did a road trip another weekend for an NFL game; his hometown team was playing mine.

Yeah, we do things together all the time, so I might suggest this to her.  Also, only one of her bridesmaids is into the whole "let's get SMASHED!" idea.  The rest of them were looking at each other uneasily and smiling in that polite, "oh BOY . . ." kind of way people do when they absolutely dread the idea of something.

She IS having a dinner beforehand, so I can attend that for sure.  After that,  if she still wants to get blitzed all to hell, she and her other friends can have at it without the displeasure of my company.  Wink

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1473 on: September 29, 2015, 03:40:29 AM »

Nah,  I doubt it.  All of my friends know my "rules" for drinking.  If they start to get drunk around me?  Bye.  I'm gone.  The fact that my friend even asked me to participate in this, knowing how I feel about the whole "drunk and dumb" thing kinda irks me.  If she does something stupid, it's on her.  Someone else can handle it.  I'm no one's savior in this kind of scenario and never will be.  Wink

Perhaps she wants you there to keep her from following through and actually getting so drunk?

If you know this person as well as you say(I have no reason to doubt you), and she asked you along, knowing how you feel about this, I have to believe there's a reason she wants you present. Not that she's being insensitive to your feelings, but she actually wants you present for some reason. You being her voice of reason might be it, it seems.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1474 on: September 29, 2015, 03:48:32 AM »

Perhaps she wants you there to keep her from following through and actually getting so drunk?

If you know this person as well as you say(I have no reason to doubt you), and she asked you along, knowing how you feel about this, I have to believe there's a reason she wants you present. Not that she's being insensitive to your feelings, but she actually wants you present for some reason. You being her voice of reason might be it, it seems.

I can see your theory, but I actually really doubt that, unfortunately.  She was ridiculously excited about getting drunk.  Like, giddy excited.  Clapping her hands like a child excited.  She totally wants to do this and they discussed in depth plans about it while I was there.

Also, the last time I was "the voice of reason' when she was smashed all to hell, she got SUPER angry about it and told everyone how she "didn't need a babysitter."  So, I just let her go after it.  It was a mistake (for her). 

And even if she did flat-out ask me to be there to "police" her, I'd still decline.   I don't want to be involved at all if everyone is going to drink and get ridiculous.  Nope.  BYE.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1475 on: September 29, 2015, 04:38:02 AM »

I can see your theory, but I actually really doubt that, unfortunately.  She was ridiculously excited about getting drunk.  Like, giddy excited.  Clapping her hands like a child excited.  She totally wants to do this and they discussed in depth plans about it while I was there.

Also, the last time I was "the voice of reason' when she was smashed all to hell, she got SUPER angry about it and told everyone how she "didn't need a babysitter."  So, I just let her go after it.  It was a mistake (for her). 

And even if she did flat-out ask me to be there to "police" her, I'd still decline.   I don't want to be involved at all if everyone is going to drink and get ridiculous.  Nope.  BYE.

I respect that. I'd feel the same way in your situation.

That's why I never had a desire to go "clubbing" and don't really go to bars, unless my friends and I there for some other reason than to get drunk, like karaoke. Going and getting smashed at a friend's house is one thing. In public is another, one I won't touch with a 39 1/2 ft pole.

(Sig by me!)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1476 on: September 29, 2015, 05:00:54 AM »

I respect that. I'd feel the same way in your situation.

That's why I never had a desire to go "clubbing" and don't really go to bars, unless my friends and I there for some other reason than to get drunk, like karaoke. Going and getting smashed at a friend's house is one thing. In public is another, one I won't touch with a 39 1/2 ft pole.

Gonna talk to her about this weekend and will let those who were kind enough to chime in know what happens!  I'm sure it will be fine.  Smiley   To keep in line with the ranting thread, I'll shift the focus to something else. 

You know what really grind my gears?  The fact that it hasn't rained her for almost 3 weeks (aside from a sparse shower), but say the words "lunar eclipse?"  ALL THE RAIN.  It did clear out in time for me to see the moon turn red, but it promptly clouded over again after that.   Nature, get out.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1477 on: September 29, 2015, 05:36:26 AM »

Oh I had a fantastic time watching the Super Blood Moon. The best part was all the shapes the cloud cover made as it drifted by and obscured every single moment of it, other than a hazy glow.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1478 on: October 08, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »

Yeah, we do things together all the time, so I might suggest this to her.  Also, only one of her bridesmaids is into the whole "let's get SMASHED!" idea.  The rest of them were looking at each other uneasily and smiling in that polite, "oh BOY . . ." kind of way people do when they absolutely dread the idea of something.

She IS having a dinner beforehand, so I can attend that for sure.  After that,  if she still wants to get blitzed all to hell, she and her other friends can have at it without the displeasure of my company.  Wink

Late chiming in.....

I don't drink much and I don't get smashed. Never have. Not really into the whole going out to pubs and spending a lot of money on alcohol. That's why for my hen's party we stayed home and had a Star Wars dress up party Cheesy Had the house set up with all kinds of Starwarsy and space themed stuff, had the music running outside and the movie running inside, then when it got cold outside we came in and did the Star Wars Kinect Galactic Dance off- which was stupidly fun with a bunch of women in costume! Somehow it turned into this full on competition between pairs of my friends complete with over the top smack talk haha, was funny!

You don't need to get smashed and do idiotic things you will regret later to celebrate your hen's night in style.

Now to venting....

I am sick of my painkillers making me sick  Angry it seems to be a lesser of two evils at the moment- either take enough to keep the pain a little bit more at bay when it is bad and feel varying degrees of nausea and dizziness for it, or put up with the pain. Sigh, back to the doctor for another new solution. My leg and knee are also increasingly becoming almost as painful as my ankle, I'm worried there's more permanent damage being done to them now too.

I hope my surgery will be soon Cry

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2772

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1479 on: October 08, 2015, 08:48:34 PM »

While you're under the knife, see if they can just put you in a robot body. Cool

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1480 on: October 08, 2015, 11:24:17 PM »

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on the party situation!  Blondie, I agree with you for sure.  I'm just not into that.  Your party sounds like MUCH more fun to me!  (Also, sorry to hear about your meds, man.  That's a tough one!)

Oddly enough, my friend decided on her own that the fair part was a terrible idea . . . but she still wants to get smashed.  I told her I would be leaving before any drunken shenanigans could occur and she was understanding, but disappointed.  Personally,  I'm somewhat disappointed that she think she has to get blitzed in order to enjoy herself.   Tongue   Roll Eyes

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1481 on: October 09, 2015, 02:34:29 AM »

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on the party situation!  Blondie, I agree with you for sure.  I'm just not into that.  Your party sounds like MUCH more fun to me!  (Also, sorry to hear about your meds, man.  That's a tough one!)

Oddly enough, my friend decided on her own that the fair part was a terrible idea . . . but she still wants to get smashed.  I told her I would be leaving before any drunken shenanigans could occur and she was understanding, but disappointed.  Personally,  I'm somewhat disappointed that she think she has to get blitzed in order to enjoy herself.   Tongue   Roll Eyes

Each to their own. There is some fun in drinking, I just stop at the tipsy stage Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1482 on: October 09, 2015, 02:35:04 AM »

See, I have the opposite problem. I go out with the intention of NOT getting blitzed. "I'll only have two" I tell myself(IT'S A TRAP!!!!), then next thing ya know:

(Sig by me!)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1483 on: October 09, 2015, 05:25:07 AM »

Each to their own. There is some fun in drinking, I just stop at the tipsy stage Tongue

Yeah, I've got no problem with drinking itself within the responsible range.  I don't personally partake, but that's my choice.  I wouldn't tell someone else not to, but when it comes to the whole, "let's get drunk and act stupid!" thing?  Bye.  Not my style.

See, I have the opposite problem. I go out with the intention of NOT getting blitzed. "I'll only have two" I tell myself(IT'S A TRAP!!!!), then next thing ya know:

I'm snickering at your picture.   Cheesy  Never been even remotely tipsy myself, so I'll just have to take your word for it. 

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1484 on: October 09, 2015, 07:09:50 AM »

Yeah, I've got no problem with drinking itself within the responsible range.  I don't personally partake, but that's my choice.  I wouldn't tell someone else not to, but when it comes to the whole, "let's get drunk and act stupid!" thing?  Bye.  Not my style.

I dont need to get drunk to act stupid Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: