Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292141 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3615 on: October 11, 2016, 08:00:47 AM »

I hate when i go to work before sunrise and i go back home after sunset ....

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3616 on: October 13, 2016, 02:20:07 PM »

I hate when i go to work before sunrise and i go back home after sunset ....

Ugh! I feel you're pain. I suffer from mild Seasonal Affective Disorder (yes, I has a S.A.D.), so the lack of sunlight in the winter makes me hate it all the more.

How I feel when the putz in front of me refuses to do the last 5mph allowed by the posted limit.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3617 on: October 13, 2016, 02:47:05 PM »

How I feel when the putz in front of me refuses to do the last 5mph allowed by the posted limit.

For me, it was always:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3618 on: October 13, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »

I works, but I felt that the Road Warrior reference was more appropriate.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3619 on: October 13, 2016, 04:22:46 PM »

Nothing to do with the hat, but this is me when someone is trying to cut in, and they don't make it.
http://youtu.be/fXD6xZVnClk

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3620 on: October 13, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »

I actually have a vent today that I could use some feedback or advice on.   Angry

Lately I have been watching YouTube.com (Canada) a whole bunch.  Have it set to English-USA.  All the commercial ads are now in French and the subtitles/closed captions are likely in Arabic and I can't change or turn off either one.  Roll Eyes

Anyone have a good idea how to correct this ?  Actually not having to listen to the ads drone on in English may be a plus.  Grin  Thanks in advance and I have tried to press the language preference several times with no change.  Undecided

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3621 on: October 13, 2016, 05:53:54 PM »

I actually have a vent today that I could use some feedback or advice on.   Angry

Lately I have been watching YouTube.com (Canada) a whole bunch.  Have it set to English-USA.  All the commercial ads are now in French and the subtitles/closed captions are likely in Arabic and I can't change or turn off either one.  Roll Eyes

Anyone have a good idea how to correct this ?  Actually not having to listen to the ads drone on in English may be a plus.  Grin  Thanks in advance and I have tried to press the language preference several times with no change.  Undecided
This happens to me as well.  I just ignore it, since it's just ads.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3622 on: October 15, 2016, 12:17:31 AM »

Sometimes, I get really sick of accommodating other people's problems that are mainly caused by craptastic decisions.  Fix it your damn self.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3623 on: October 15, 2016, 12:32:04 AM »

Sometimes, I get really sick of accommodating other people's problems that are mainly caused by craptastic decisions.  Fix it your damn self.

My wife lost a shoe and a sandal at the hands of our dog today. She gets mad at him, but HONEY! You left the shoes on the couch.
I'm now receiving the silent treatment.
First off, it's really her fault for leaving them out.
Second, why she thinks the silent treatment is a punishment to me is beyond me. Actually a blessing in disguise.
And third, reality is now I gotta buy her shoes. Shoot...

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #3624 on: October 15, 2016, 04:45:12 AM »

Sometimes, I get really sick of accommodating other people's problems that are mainly caused by craptastic decisions.  Fix it your damn self.

Perhaps this will make things better for a bit:

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3625 on: October 16, 2016, 02:52:25 AM »

That's a precious little Sith Lord you've got there!   Grin

Here's another thing that really grinds my gears.  Askholes.  You know, a person that constantly asks for your advice and then doesn't take it?  Don't be an askhole.  It's not cool.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3626 on: October 16, 2016, 03:01:58 AM »

That's a precious little Sith Lord you've got there!   Grin

Here's another thing that really grinds my gears.  Askholes.  You know, a person that constantly asks for your advice and then doesn't take it?  Don't be an askhole.  It's not cool.

Yes!

About the third time they ask me, I tell them, "Since you never take my advice, how about you quit wasting both our time and stop asking."

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3627 on: October 16, 2016, 03:28:16 AM »

I feel that pain, but I've been on the other side too often when it's not fair.

Valuing your opinion doesn't mean bowing to your every word. It's not always possible to take other's advice.

My roommate in college almost never followed my advice right. He'd get it all backwards and blame me when it failed.

A coworker almost never understood my problem, so his advice neither applied nor worked. He held a grudge for exactly this. Yet, he told me I was the only one he could talk to about religion, because I was the only one who listened to him without forcing my way on him. Hypocrite.

Be a friend.  Cheesy Listen.  Cry Offer understanding and new ways to look at things.  Grin Let your friend make choices.  Undecided

Or don't take my advice.  Cool I'm trying to help, not invalidate.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3628 on: October 16, 2016, 03:36:25 AM »

I feel that pain, but I've been on the other side too often when it's not fair.

Valuing your opinion doesn't mean bowing to your every word. It's not always possible to take other's advice.

My roommate in college almost never followed my advice right. He'd get it all backwards and blame me when it failed.

A coworker almost never understood my problem, so his advice neither applied nor worked. He held a grudge for exactly this. Yet, he told me I was the only one he could talk to about religion, because I was the only one who listened to him without forcing my way on him. Hypocrite.

Be a friend.  Cheesy Listen.  Cry Offer understanding and new ways to look at things.  Grin Let your friend make choices.  Undecided

Or don't take my advice.  Cool I'm trying to help, not invalidate.

Being a friend, listening, and understanding is something different.

I'm thinking more along the lines of coworkers. Nor am I conceited enough to think they need to take every word I say and adhere to it. But if you're stuck, and you see me as someone who can help, and I offer you that help, and you repeatedly don't take the help I give you, why should I keep giving it to you?

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3629 on: October 16, 2016, 03:58:24 AM »

Being a friend, listening, and understanding is something different.

I'm thinking more along the lines of coworkers. Nor am I conceited enough to think they need to take every word I say and adhere to it. But if you're stuck, and you see me as someone who can help, and I offer you that help, and you repeatedly don't take the help I give you, why should I keep giving it to you?

You wouldn't happen to be a Nuc Tech in Kansas would ya? Cuz that's about what that coworker was mad at me about. I didn't always understand his advice, and it often didn't apply to my real problem. His way and my understanding didn't fit. I respected him, so I asked how he saw things. It helped me understand sometimes. But, I couldn't always complete his way even when I tried. I don't know your specific situation, so I don't mean to say you don't have right to frustration in it. "Ask-hole" just tapped that memory of my experience where I was not treated fairly when he let his hang ups hurt me. Regardless of whether or not he liked the way I did things, we needed to work together. Act like a grown up. I didn't try to control him. He shouldn't be upset when I don't go out of my way to be controlled by him. I made a lot of adaptations he apparently didn't register, even when things fell apart when I wasn't there. I'm good at solving problems for other people. Forming plans that don't require others to think about it is an ability I discovered after becoming a professional. I'm not good at following advice when I don't understand things the same way as others. I'm just too human that way.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: