Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292992 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4350 on: February 04, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »

There's a part of that which is really good to read, B1onde.

The bit where you find the good in all that mess, and focus on it.  That's inspirational.  Smiley

I do hope that you feel better soon.

I'm starting to...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #4351 on: February 04, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »

Find the light whenever, wherever you can B1.

I think that's something we all should do, honestly, myself included

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4352 on: February 04, 2017, 06:07:49 PM »

I'm happy to hear you've found a couple things you can eat that won't make you sick. I've only seen that kind of food sensitivity in a smaller way with my wife who had been made sick by certain foods all her life until she was able to do what you're doing and things got better. It's a slow process but you gain ground eventually. It sounds like you've found some success so I sincerely wish more success to come. I liked what Rapine and Majobu5 said. It's so true and such a powerful trait to have. Not being able to eat bacon, that sucks! Any chance you have Turkey Bacon there and that you could eat that? Probably couldn't, huh. Good for you, though, listening to your body. That's a skill we all should learn. Good luck to you.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4353 on: February 04, 2017, 10:14:18 PM »

She's in Australia, so they probably have wallaby bacon  Roll Eyes .

Food allergies are really trial and error, especially when you develope them later in life.  I discovered at age 38 that I am now allergic to bananas.  I'd eaten them before with no problem, though it probably had been a number of years since I had had one.  Ate a couple on an empty stomach to go with some medication, and about 15 minutes later was throwing up everything.  As it progressed, I was feverish, freezing, delirious, dizzy, pulling stuff out of my intestines to throw up, and generally in the worst h*ll of my life for about 36 hours.  Then I was fine.  Like, I'm hungry let's have barbecue wings for dinner fine. We had no idea what caused it, until a few months later when I had a fruit salad with banana in it and it happened again, although not quite as bad.  Wasn't the medication because I stopped taking it after the first time, and banana was the only common food between the incidents.  I cannot even touch one or I'll start having a reaction (I discovered that the hard way too).

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #4354 on: February 04, 2017, 10:28:58 PM »

Food allergies are really trial and error, especially when you develope them later in life.  I discovered at age 38 that I am now allergic to bananas.  I'd eaten them before with no problem, though it probably had been a number of years since I had had one.  Ate a couple on an empty stomach to go with some medication, and about 15 minutes later was throwing up everything.  As it progressed, I was feverish, freezing, delirious, dizzy, pulling stuff out of my intestines to throw up, and generally in the worst h*ll of my life for about 36 hours.  Then I was fine.  Like, I'm hungry let's have barbecue wings for dinner fine. We had no idea what caused it, until a few months later when I had a fruit salad with banana in it and it happened again, although not quite as bad.  Wasn't the medication because I stopped taking it after the first time, and banana was the only common food between the incidents.  I cannot even touch one or I'll start having a reaction (I discovered that the hard way too).
That just means you have succumbed to the Government's X-files style experiments. On the plus side you may end up with superpowers. On the down side you are probably now under constant surveillance.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #4355 on: February 05, 2017, 03:15:27 AM »

Yeah food allergies are no fun. Thankfully none of mine are life threatening, i just get sick feeling. Though sometimes ill get an itchy/ swollen tongue or throat but it doesnt become more severe than that.

My worst is ginger. Makes me quite sick, and if i touch the plant i come up in welts. And its in so much these days- as a lot of companies have cut the additives and flavour enhancers (which is good) theyve added more spices... And ginger is a common one. These days a lot of packet/ jar sauces and marinades contains it. And because it is in so much asian and indian cooking (or they have a lot of tumeric- i can have a small amount fine but large amounts not good!) its safer for me to just steer clear of it.

And thanks peoples Smiley you have to find something good when things are crappy, coz things are never as bad as they seem or could be worse. The way i see it, ive got two working legs and arms, i can walk and move about pretty much normally, I have all my senses and functions, a loving husband and family, lots of friends, a steady job (even if it does suck) and a roof over my head. Theres a lot of people who dont have some or many of these things. So while I whinge to help me get through things and at times it might feel like the world is falling down around me, in the long term I have very little to complain about compared to what some people manage to deal with every day.

Im only human though, so Ill still whinge that my hand and finger are stupidly itchy and a bit sore!! Grin

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #4356 on: February 06, 2017, 05:34:26 AM »

One hospital visit later...

Turns out I'm fairly allergic to iodine as well as the adhesive on the bandages. The wound is half infection, half allergic reaction and has gone all blistery. So ive got some lovely special bandage designed to pull all the muck out of it with orders that if its worse tomorrow to come straight back. Least x rays confirmed theres nothing in the wound and the joint isnt infected.

Best part? Itll be months before its fully healed, and the allergic reaction/ rash that has my hand swollen and itching like crazy will take weeks to fully go away. In the meantime i just have to hope something eases the itching.

And after almost no sleep last night coz i was so sore and itchy, I am now going to bed. In the middle of the day.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4357 on: February 06, 2017, 05:40:02 AM »

At least you figured out about the Iodine and bandages. That will help the process go smoother. Sorry to hear your not feeling much better, but I hope that starts improving.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #4358 on: February 06, 2017, 04:42:04 PM »

B1, take care and get better. You're going through a really tough stretch, and I hope your situations improve.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4359 on: February 06, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »

It's that time of year again. Insurance time. XÞ I have over $400 in my savings account that I have set aside specifically for that purpose. But I could easily think of many more things I would rather spend $400 buck on. Cry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4360 on: February 06, 2017, 06:13:45 PM »

It's that time of year again. Insurance time. XÞ I have over $400 in my savings account that I have set aside specifically for that purpose. But I could easily think of many more things I would rather spend $400 buck on. Cry
Me too.

(add a few more zeros, and it would be even better)

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4361 on: February 06, 2017, 06:15:50 PM »

Me too.

(add a few more zeros, and it would be even better)
$40k would not be enough to cover even just the sabers I want, let alone my other collection vices.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4362 on: February 08, 2017, 01:39:39 PM »

$40k would not be enough to cover even just the sabers I want, let alone my other collection vices.
Not even close for me either, but a good start nonetheless. Tongue

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4363 on: February 12, 2017, 06:44:12 AM »

I am such a jerk.  But when you post in the wrong sub forum AND you misspell the name of your "favorite" character, that's what you get.  Oh, and when it's a topic that's already been started multiple times.  Yeah.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4364 on: February 12, 2017, 07:02:31 AM »

I am such a jerk.  But when you post in the wrong sub forum AND you misspell the name of your "favorite" character, that's what you get.  Oh, and when it's a topic that's already been started multiple times.  Yeah.

I know what you're talking about. In both ways.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: