Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1304197 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2772

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4590 on: March 02, 2017, 03:10:09 PM »

I've heard that China are making microchips you can implant in children to help parents bring some much needed control into the chaos that is parental life. Just something you should keep an eye out for. Maybe see if you can order some off ebay.
YES! Lo-jack your kids. It works. And why not? It works on pets, why shouldn't it work on other organisms that are not mentally developed enough to see the big picture about their personal well being? Roll Eyes

I'm not saying you, Knox, but when ppl you have no kids or aren't married give advice on said subjects, that's when I wish we could go to a Purge
I somehow feel this is directed at me.

My parents used a different method to achieve the same results: It was called an ass-whupping if I got out of line.
Ditto. My mother has actually referred to me half-sarcastically as "the good son". (I'm the only son.)

Violence in video games doesn't cause children to be violent, it gives them an out let to be violent.

Because I'd rather my daughter blow up a planet in Halo than whack some kid's teeth out while "Lightsaber dueling" with bats.  Except for that one boy.... She can cave in his skull.
I think he was simply referring to taking away the phone/tablet/computer type tech.

But you are correct. Violence is already in our nature, and it is important to have non-harmful ways of coping with it.

I never had chicken pox. My doctor told my mother I had a natural immunity after I was exposed multiple times and failed to contract it. Seriously though, washing your hands the day IS a good habit to get into....
As I said, if my hands are a legitimate mess or genuinely contaminated then yes. But I'm not going to run to the sink because I had a wet sneeze.

Heed the words of Bilbo: "It's a dangerous business, walking out your front door..."

...you have to wonder: do they really want to find cures to certain things, like cancer, for one?
Hell no. For the same reason that Big Oil actually shells (no pun intended) out to hinder the development of alternative fuels. It is the lowest humanity can sink: "I don't want things to change because I'll lose profits due to the improvement." Doctors get kick backs for prescribing new drugs that don't cure shell, but merely alleviate the symptoms. It's kinda like how light bulbs are manufactured flawed from the original Edison design. They build in obsolescence to ensure a continuing need for their product.  Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #4591 on: March 02, 2017, 03:15:00 PM »

YES! Lo-jack your kids. It works. And why not? It works on pets, why shouldn't it work on other organisms that are not mentally developed enough to see the big picture about their personal well being? Roll Eyes
I forgot to mention that the microchip connects to an app and volume control on your phone or tablet. Pretty cool what they can do these days Grin

It's kinda like how light bulbs are manufactured flawed from the original Edison design. They build in obsolescence to ensure a continuing need for their product.  Angry
I'm curious, do you guys in the states have energy saving lightbulbs? We have them in the UK. They use less electricity and last for longer. I've had one in my bedroom and two in the hallway that have lasted for 6 years. No lie. 6 years and not blown (yet).

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4592 on: March 02, 2017, 03:15:57 PM »

I hate having to take off work for being sick..not only is it missed income but I just feel like I'm playing hooky

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4593 on: March 02, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »

I hate having to take off work for being sick..not only is it missed income but I just feel like I'm playing hooky
Get well soon Tepes (I always want to cal you Teepee. Not sure why. Just the way my brain works. It's a magical place)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4594 on: March 02, 2017, 03:29:01 PM »

I forgot to mention that the microchip connects to an app and volume control on your phone or tablet. Pretty cool what they can do these days Grin
I'm curious, do you guys in the states have energy saving lightbulbs? We have them in the UK. They use less electricity and last for longer. I've had one in my bedroom and two in the hallway that have lasted for 6 years. No lie. 6 years and not blown (yet).

I use all LED bulbs in my home. They consume extremely low amounts of electricity for the same amount of light and last far longer. They used to be exorbitantly expensive, but the prices have come down a lot. Additionally, you can get them in many different shapes, sizes and styles. I have standard frosted ones for most of my fixtures, some clear candelabra styles for the ceiling fan lights, a couple of the "Edison-style" bulbs (the antique looking ones that give off an amber light) for the bedroom, a couple of LED bug lights (the yellow ones that don't attract insects) for outside, and LED bulbs in a fluorescent tube style to replace the fluorescent bulbs in my kitchen.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4595 on: March 02, 2017, 04:34:12 PM »

Yes. Most look like this.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4596 on: March 02, 2017, 04:37:36 PM »

Yes. Most look like this.

Yep. Those are the ones. Definitely worth the extra payout compared to traditional bulbs. Like I said, 6 years and not having to change those three bulbs. All good.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4597 on: March 02, 2017, 04:43:50 PM »

Yep. Those are the ones. Definitely worth the extra payout compared to traditional bulbs. Like I said, 6 years and not having to change those three bulbs. All good.
Yeah but there's always the inevitable likelihood that the bulb itself will be damaged and need replacing. I wish manufacturers would just trust that people are clumsy and will always have a continuing need for light bulbs with them being built to fail.

VENT:

KNOX'S STUPID TOP 11 LIMITS. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4598 on: March 02, 2017, 04:45:11 PM »

As an aside...

This, coupled with greater overall durability, is why I switched to LED bulbs.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4599 on: March 02, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »

Yeah but there's always the inevitable likelihood that the bulb itself will be damaged and need replacing.
How would the bulb end up getting damaged?

VENT:

KNOX'S STUPID TOP 11 LIMITS. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Tongue
MWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6MlHxAzLXA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6MlHxAzLXA</a>

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4600 on: March 02, 2017, 05:12:21 PM »

How would the bulb end up getting damaged?
Ever heard of Murphy?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4601 on: March 02, 2017, 05:17:43 PM »

Ever heard of Murphy?
Eddie? Cillian? Brittany?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4602 on: March 02, 2017, 05:35:52 PM »

Capt. Ed Murphy. The namesake for the law which states "Anything that can possibly go wrong, does."

The bulb doesn't need to burn out. It just needs to be in the same environment as humans, and its probability of meeting a break-y end starts to multiply. Thus providing the market with a need for replacement bulbs.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4603 on: March 02, 2017, 05:39:41 PM »

Capt. Ed Murphy. The namesake for the law which states "Anything that can possibly go wrong, does."

The bulb doesn't need to burn out. It just needs to be in the same environment as humans, and its probability of meeting a break-y end starts to multiply. Thus providing the market with a need for replacement bulbs.
Oh. I think you are mistaking Capt. Ed Murphy for Colonel Clumsy.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4604 on: March 02, 2017, 05:54:05 PM »

Oh. I think you are mistaking Capt. Ed Murphy for Colonel Clumsy.

Colonel Clumsy is the metric equivalent of Captain Murphy.

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: