Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1292538 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #6210 on: January 31, 2018, 07:23:40 PM »

No. Trig was fun. I'm trying to stay civil today, so I'm not going to get into the subject that shall not be named.
Although I enjoyed math immensely, I supremely disliked teachers that felt it necessary to assign 60 problems for homework.

Teachers are sadist that are not good enough to be dentist ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6211 on: January 31, 2018, 07:29:13 PM »

No. Trig was fun. I'm trying to stay civil today, so I'm not going to get into the subject that shall not be named.
Although I enjoyed math immensely, I supremely disliked teachers that felt it necessary to assign 60 problems for homework.

I can respect that.  I hope the comportment of the day improves for you rapidly and immensely.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #6212 on: January 31, 2018, 09:20:27 PM »

I'll just leave this here.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei3Dppd1_dc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei3Dppd1_dc</a>

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #6213 on: January 31, 2018, 11:19:07 PM »

It has been my observation that although men generally look more frequently for opportunities to compete, women are far more aggressive in their competitiveness.

I see no lie here.  I used to do competitive Judo and holy crap, the girls were SUPER aggressive compared to the men.  I actually asked to fight in the light-weight men's category more than once because the girls were not only aggressive, they were mean-spirited.  I stopped competing pretty quick because I am super non-competitive, but it was a requirement for my lower belt ranks at the time.  Never again!

Speaking of aggressive, I love dogs and all that, but my neighbor's dog needs to disappear.  He's tried to attack me and Padawag more than once.  He's never on a leash and he comes bolting out of nowhere like a skinny gargoyle to try and get us.  I've maced him twice now and I'm going to keep doing it.  Next time it happens, I'm calling the cops.  Leash laws are thing here.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6214 on: January 31, 2018, 11:26:11 PM »

Teachers are sadist that are not good enough to be dentist ...
Hey I resent that statement!  It's a good thing that you're not in front of me Seb!  I'd take a drill to...your...tee...

Um, never mind  Tongue  Grin

I am of course completely joking  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6215 on: January 31, 2018, 11:35:48 PM »

I see no lie here.  I used to do competitive Judo and holy crap, the girls were SUPER aggressive compared to the men.  I actually asked to fight in the light-weight men's category more than once because the girls were not only aggressive, they were mean-spirited.  I stopped competing pretty quick because I am super non-competitive, but it was a requirement for my lower belt ranks at the time.  Never again!

Speaking of aggressive, I love dogs and all that, but my neighbor's dog needs to disappear.  He's tried to attack me and Padawag more than once.  He's never on a leash and he comes bolting out of nowhere like a skinny gargoyle to try and get us.  I've maced him twice now and I'm going to keep doing it.  Next time it happens, I'm calling the cops.  Leash laws are thing here.

Even in places where off leash is legal, charging and attacking is against the law. Report that.  Poor pupper probably was never taught right.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6216 on: January 31, 2018, 11:41:45 PM »

Unfortunately third strike on that qualifies for lethal use of force in my book. It sucks for the dog but a pattern of aggressive behavior and attacks with intent to maim (and in the case of an animal attack that can quickly become intent to kill) need to be met seriously and in some cases with reciprocal force. You need to report this dog, and more importantly, his careless owners who are putting others at risk.

If I have to tell the new kid (yeah, he's 19. but I still call him a kid) to stop aggressively flirting with every female customer we have one more time they will never find all of him, because I will make sure his coworkers properly dispose of his corpse. I have been told, no joke, that I just need to keep an eye on him because "We can't afford to be so hard on our employees". I wanted to write him up the second time I caught him being a skeezy little slime trying to get a customers number, I wanted to fire him after I watched him CORNER another customer. For the time being he gets to be babysat by one of the peons I trust to not let him be a creep. . . Beau the Bouncer (he works nights at the bar across the parking lot), until I can convince my horrible rotten no good chain of command that he is trouble waiting to happen.

And my parents wonder why I am a bitter, cynical, alcoholic.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6217 on: January 31, 2018, 11:48:08 PM »

Unfortunately third strike on that qualifies for lethal use of force in my book. It sucks for the dog but a pattern of aggressive behavior and attacks with intent to maim (and in the case of an animal attack that can quickly become intent to kill) need to be met seriously and in some cases with reciprocal force. You need to report this dog, and more importantly, his careless owners who are putting others at risk.

If I have to tell the new kid (yeah, he's 19. but I still call him a kid) to stop aggressively flirting with every female customer we have one more time they will never find all of him, because I will make sure his coworkers properly dispose of his corpse. I have been told, no joke, that I just need to keep an eye on him because "We can't afford to be so hard on our employees". I wanted to write him up the second time I caught him being a skeezy little slime trying to get a customers number, I wanted to fire him after I watched him CORNER another customer. For the time being he gets to be babysat by one of the peons I trust to not let him be a creep. . . Beau the Bouncer (he works nights at the bar across the parking lot), until I can convince my horrible rotten no good chain of command that he is trouble waiting to happen.

And my parents wonder why I am a bitter, cynical, alcoholic.

Wow, sounds like he is an HR/legal nightmare waiting to happen, and your uppers want to KEEP him?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6218 on: January 31, 2018, 11:53:22 PM »

Wow, sounds like he is an HR/legal nightmare waiting to happen, and your uppers want to KEEP him?

Since I have had the power I have canned 26 people, we have an amazingly horrible turnover rate, I regret some of them because the decision to can them means that CoC doesn't want me to get rid of this guy. apparently my standards are too high.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6219 on: January 31, 2018, 11:54:38 PM »

Since I have had the power I have canned 26 people, we have an amazingly horrible turnover rate, I regret some of them because the decision to can them means that CoC doesn't want me to get rid of this guy. apparently my standards are too high.

See, now I want to know what you do/where you work...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Triple Ace

« Reply #6220 on: February 01, 2018, 12:03:56 AM »

See, now I want to know what you do/where you work...

I work retail, and basically have been used as the bad guy. I am more willing to say "You were given three chances to improve your behavior, you have failed to do so and in line with company policy I am giving you notice that you are no longer employed here. sign this. and lets go clean out your locker.", than my mostly spineless fellow managers and the chain of command. I'm not firing people for being bad sales-people either, I am firing them for unacceptable workplace behavior or failure to appear for their shifts with notifying us. and actually counting back its only 19 people that were fired with my imput, the rest were me having to actually do the firing.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6221 on: February 01, 2018, 12:09:45 AM »

Too funny OWK!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6222 on: February 01, 2018, 12:13:19 AM »

I work retail, and basically have been used as the bad guy. I am more willing to say "You were given three chances to improve your behavior, you have failed to do so and in line with company policy I am giving you notice that you are no longer employed here. sign this. and lets go clean out your locker.", than my mostly spineless fellow managers and the chain of command. I'm not firing people for being bad sales-people either, I am firing them for unacceptable workplace behavior or failure to appear for their shifts with notifying us. and actually counting back its only 19 people that were fired with my imput, the rest were me having to actually do the firing.

Yeah I figured it was retail.  Good for you though.  More people need to stand up for workplace practices.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6223 on: February 01, 2018, 06:28:50 AM »

Yeah I figured it was retail.  Good for you though.  More people need to stand up for workplace practices.

You must be careful though. The fight that got me fired was a direct result of "rules and regulations"(mostly pertaining to the dress code) that suddenly popped up, as soon as I came out and started going through the transition procedure...and only seemed to really pertain to me.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #6224 on: February 01, 2018, 06:36:36 AM »

Hey I resent that statement!  It's a good thing that you're not in front of me Seb!  I'd take a drill to...your...tee...

Um, never mind  Tongue  Grin

I am of course completely joking  Wink

LOL

You know, i always say that to my students when they complain about work i give  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: