Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 650397 times)
Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3840 on: March 06, 2018, 02:30:12 AM »

Oops, missed up my IGs.  IG-88 is boss though, but yeah IG-86 only really good if you already have 88.
Res pilot?  Really?  You'll never use him in a Resistance team, his spot goes to other toons.

Consider buying up ship shards instead of toons shards.  I maintain my in-game spending due to cashing in at rank1 in fleet 90% of the time, occasionally I only cash in at rank 2-3.  Worth thinking about.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3841 on: March 06, 2018, 02:36:53 AM »

OK.

IG-86 is definitely a wrecker, but I would only farm him if a droid squad is being farmed up.  Which requires IG-88 and HK-47 from Arena.

I would actually say keep going with Resistance Pilot.  The resistance crew is pretty damn crazy once you put them together and Zeta Finn.

I also like Lumi, but if you aren't working towards a Jedi squad then don't worry about it.  After Res Pilot, then maybe Teebo or IG-86.

Lumi or Res Pilot were who I was going to do next if it didn't matter.

Oops, missed up my IGs.  IG-88 is boss though, but yeah IG-86 only really good if you already have 88.
Res pilot?  Really?  You'll never use him in a Resistance team, his spot goes to other toons.

Consider buying up ship shards instead of toons shards.  I maintain my in-game spending due to cashing in at rank1 in fleet 90% of the time, occasionally I only cash in at rank 2-3.  Worth thinking about.

Hmm.. you don't think Res Pilot is worth it? I've actually been done with Biggs for a while now, and kept forgetting to ask about another toon, so that is what my Tokens have been going too for the past few days.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3842 on: March 06, 2018, 02:48:36 AM »

Yes really.  I did 9 million in P4 of HAAT with Finn, Poe, BB8, Res Trooper, and Res Pilot.  It's that expose chance on his special, and that you can use it pretty much every turn.

Ships are another option too.  Biggs and Wedge's X-wings.  Res pilot's X-wing isn't too bad either for target lock and daze.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3843 on: March 06, 2018, 03:41:20 AM »

Yes really.  I did 9 million in P4 of HAAT with Finn, Poe, BB8, Res Trooper, and Res Pilot.  It's that expose chance on his special, and that you can use it pretty much every turn.

Well sh*t eh, I'll take it back then.  I just never see it used anymore.  But yeah, continue to buy ship shards for your main lineup regardless.  Especially Biggs' ship until you get him to 7*.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3844 on: March 08, 2018, 03:46:07 PM »

OK folks, update(nerf) time.  Set a wide stance and spread your legs to get ready for a kick in the groin.  Don't forget to brace yourself while you're doubled over to get kriffed in the arse.  And at the end, be ready for that (nerf) bat to the face.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/161683/upcoming-sith-triumvirate-raid-changes

Hello Holotable Heroes,

Content Philosophy

We wanted to take this opportunity to restate our ongoing strategy around releasing and curating new content in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. Specifically, we want to provide information about upcoming changes related to the recently released Sith Triumvirate Raid.

With each new Raid, our goals are to bring a new level of challenge to the game and to provide innovative gameplay which encourages strategic thinking and “outside the meta” play. We recognize that when a Raid is new, success in the Raid helps define high level competition in the game. Later, when the Raid becomes widely understood, we begin the process of designing a new Raid so players can be challenged again in this unique aspect of the game.
We regularly evaluate, and update, the current state of any Raid. This regular evaluation can lead to changes such as tuning tweaks, adjustment of rewards, and bug fixes. As a part of this process, we actively look for interactions that undermine the “spirit” of any new Raid and decide whether or not we need to make changes to the Raid to prevent them.

Teams that can perform infinite loops within the first week of release fall within this category of “undermining the design spirit”. We consider each incident of this nature individually to determine whether corrective actions are warranted. While we do have several processes in place to prevent these interactions from making it into the live game, they unfortunately can still happen. In order to protect the integrity of the design and the experience, we will continue to actively curate the Raids (and any other content) going forward.

Before proceeding with specific changes, we want to thank you all for your excitement for and participation in the Sith Triumvirate Raid. We’ve enjoyed watching the players engage and best the ancient and terrible Sith Lords. Your excitement in tackling one of our most challenging pieces of content to date, inspires the entire studio to continue our commitment to making the best game possible. Thank you for being part of the improvement process. The Galaxy of Heroes community is an amazing, dedicated, and passionate group of people. You are all key to the game’s current and future success!

Sith Triumvirate Changes

In the context of our above philosophy, we wanted to let you know that we are going to be making the following changes to The Sith Triumvirate.

In Phases 3 and 4, Darth Traya’s Bonds of Weakness will no longer activate “on-damage” abilities. This will affect the following characters:

Stormtrooper Han
Veteran Smuggler Han
Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca
Kylo Ren (Unmasked)
Commander Luke Skywalker
BB-8
Stormtrooper
Savage Opress
Royal Guard
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
Kylo Ren
Rey (Jedi Training)
K-2SO
Death Trooper
Clone Wars Chewbacca
IG-100 MagnaGuard
Darth Sion

We’ve made this change in response to some behaviors we’ve seen in the game around Stormtrooper Han’s ability kit. Specifically, Stormtrooper Han’s Unique, Bluff, and his first special ability, Draw Fire, were facilitating “infinite loops” of turn meter gain in Phases 3 and 4 of the Raid. In an effort to make the change uniform and not single out Stormtrooper Han, we’ve updated all characters with on-damage abilities to also not be affected by Bonds of Weakness. Darth Traya’s Raid Descriptions will be updated appropriately to reflect this change.

We’ve also made another change to Darth Traya in the Raid to prevent another rising, unintended strategy we’ve observed. Some players are using a combination of stealthed units and Nightsister Zombie to go well past the intended Enrage of Darth Traya. Now, when Darth Traya becomes Enraged she will dispel all positive status effects on her enemies and apply an undispellable, unresistable buff immunity as well.

Finally, our initial data indicates Expose is stifling other teams from finding a competitive place in the Sith Triumvirate Raid. We will be changing the amount of percent health damage Expose does in all Raids. Recognizing this change has an impact on overall balance, we will be lowering the health of the Sith Triumvirate Raid slightly as well to bring it more inline with our intended design.

We expect these changes will occur next week.

As always, we appreciate your continued support. Thanks for playing with us.

CG_TopHat

Change Philosophy <<MEGATHREAD>>
Sith Raid Changes <<MEGATHREAD>>

Please note while I support the ST Han fixes because people were doing 20, 30, even 50 million, the rest seems like just a kick in the face.  They say they want to keep people from exploiting the new raid, but these changes seem too broad and lazy.  "Oh, well if we nerf all of the type of things people were using then we won't have to worry about people doing too well too early on."

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3845 on: March 08, 2018, 09:12:39 PM »

I wondered how long the Saint Han exploit would last before they Nute Gunray'ed it

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3846 on: March 12, 2018, 11:36:30 PM »

I’m in a 120M GP guild now, and we really struggled with t6 of the new raid. Took us a week to finish it. Now we’re doinf t5 in 2-3 days. Sucks for rewards, but it is what it is.

And I use the OG 5 Resistance pretty much every time I use them, so Pilot isn’t a bad investment. 9M with that team is insane Krace, you must’ve barely missed an expose through the whole run.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #3847 on: March 13, 2018, 12:36:40 AM »

Our guild are currently running tier5.  It's going very slowly, and tickets may cap out before it's completed.  Probably need to drop down to tier4 for the next one.

Personally I'm bored AF with the game and barely bothering with dailies.  Waiting for something better to come along now.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3848 on: March 13, 2018, 12:53:18 AM »

Our guild has been on a Tier IV for over 4 days now, and we just completed phase 2. We probably won't be doing Heroic anytime soon.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3849 on: March 13, 2018, 05:33:19 AM »

So why would you want to get rid of the Cycle of Pain or Cycle of Suffering? All it does (as far as I can see) is remove a little bit of turn meter. Am I missing something?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3850 on: March 13, 2018, 07:56:59 AM »

I’m in a 120M GP guild now, and we really struggled with t6 of the new raid. Took us a week to finish it. Now we’re doinf t5 in 2-3 days. Sucks for rewards, but it is what it is.

And I use the OG 5 Resistance pretty much every time I use them, so Pilot isn’t a bad investment. 9M with that team is insane Krace, you must’ve barely missed an expose through the whole run.

Yeah, we did T4 that fast, now we've been on T5 for like 5 days.  We just barely didn't cap out tonight, and hopefully will be done tomorrow and can start another run.

That run I had was pretty crazy.  It was the OG 5 minus Rey + BB8.  I know I had a few topples where I just stopped the tank in its tracks and my turns went on forever.

Our guild are currently running tier5.  It's going very slowly, and tickets may cap out before it's completed.  Probably need to drop down to tier4 for the next one.

Personally I'm bored AF with the game and barely bothering with dailies.  Waiting for something better to come along now.

There is definitely a fair difference between 4 and 5.  You'll probably sail through 4 pretty fast.

I know I haven't spent a lot of time investigating the teams for the new raid.  Just haven't been interested quite enough yet.  Also I'm missing two key characters with JTR and Death Trooper which seem to be on a lot of teams.

Our guild has been on a Tier IV for over 4 days now, and we just completed phase 2. We probably won't be doing Heroic anytime soon.

Most Guilds probably won't be doing Heroic anytime soon unless they have a whole heap of members with JTR.

So why would you want to get rid of the Cycle of Pain or Cycle of Suffering? All it does (as far as I can see) is remove a little bit of turn meter. Am I missing something?

In addition to the TM it does let your people hit harder, but it also makes him hit harder and counter more.  Eventually with too many stacks floating around it becomes quite deadly.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3851 on: March 13, 2018, 03:55:52 PM »

That run I had was pretty crazy.  It was the OG 5 minus Rey + BB8.  I know I had a few topples where I just stopped the tank in its tracks and my turns went on forever.

Woops I take that back. I read wrong, thought you used R2 instead of BB8. With BB you should’ve soloed p4 easy.  Tongue

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3852 on: March 13, 2018, 05:21:22 PM »

Woops I take that back. I read wrong, thought you used R2 instead of BB8. With BB you should’ve soloed p4 easy.  Tongue

Nuh-uh.   Tongue   No take backsies on compliments.  And my Resistance group still isn't great.  Pilot needs the most work, and the others probably need a little too.  Better mods for sure, which should be coming soon as I am farming mods now since I finally got Vet Han and Chewie to around 50/100 for 7*.  I just quit on them and decided I would buy the pack when the events came back.

Speaking of the event, BB8 and JTR start in a couple days!  Gonna get that pack for the two Vets which gives 50 shards each and then I'll have my team and I can clear the event and get me a brand new toon for the Sith Raid.    Grin

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #3853 on: March 13, 2018, 06:05:52 PM »

Ahem

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=whQDIK_r1bI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=whQDIK_r1bI</a>

Tongue

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3854 on: March 13, 2018, 08:28:53 PM »

I won't get BB-8 to 7* yet, FOO still needs more shards. Stuck at 5* Undecided Need 6 more for 6* and another 100 for 7*...And JTR is too far away...won't be able to get her for another year or so, I think.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: