Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestions for Emerald Driver Improvements  (Read 1877 times)
Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« on: January 30, 2014, 04:52:56 AM »

So after fiddling with my Emerald Saber I now have a few recommendations for improvements.

1. Have the FOC come back to the last color and not the base color, and have the color shift when between each lockup flash.

I have mine in constant pulse mode between 2 base colors, but it feels off every time it's in lockup or abruptly goes back to the one base color when flashing on clash.

2. Have the Pre-Configured Factory colors in the launcher, along with the existing color system.

3. Have a FOC slider like on the sound board so it is more consistent, still alongside the custom values.

4. Have a section that hides the overdrive unless you accept a info pannel, this would help prevent newbies from accidentally over-driving and hurting the saber.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Sciggs
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 121

Neither the dark nor the light, but the grey.

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 01:04:52 PM »

I totally agree with 3 and 4. However, I kind of like how 1 works, since I have mine set up to pulse between red and a brief darker red like it "loses power" for a second, which works beautifully after the FoC. But, I can totally see how awkward it is when pulsing evenly between two primary colors. Also, with 2, (can't remember if it was Deep or Ultra, but one of them) commented on the fact that there are no "factory" settings for colors, each is set individually by the technician based on what he thinks look best.

I also would like to add that it would be great to add a feature that would allow for a customized power on/off (like a similar color arch to make a flicker as it powers on, or off). It may be a little unorthodox or not really viable, but I'd still love to see it

Manticore CG/AB FoC Obsidian Green A/V-- Modified Arabic theme
Dark Shock AB/AS Foc Obsidian Blue A/V
Overlord Obsidian with 4 channel RGBA
Initiate V3 SY/AS Foc Obsidian Red A/V
Initiate V3 BR/AS Foc Obsidian Yellow A/V
Azure Omen Obsidian with 2 channel BG non-lit A/V

Brian64
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 01:19:55 PM »

I like the idea of a customised power on as well.

I'd like an option to be able to set a timer for the power on/off, with the LED levels increasing from 0 to the set levels over whatever duration is set.

Set timer to 0 for instantly on, or enter the timing setting you want (as with the pulse/FoC settings).

I'd also like to have an 'auto-duration' tick box alternative, which would match the LED fade in/out cycle to the duration of the power on/off sound used.

Light side points please

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:21 PM »

The idea for a power off is great! I would love it to do like a pulse fade out.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: