Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Overall brightness of single led vs Emerald driver  (Read 3327 times)
DarthKreped
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: October 29, 2014, 05:28:32 AM »

Hey all, i'm interested in purchasing an emerald saber in the near future and been coming up with questions this one happens to be whether the emerald driver is as bright as a single led saber sorry if this is a novice question im new to the saber world and not sure how these leds preform

Thank you

Sabers : Dark Liberator V3 AS
              Warglaive Emerald w/ sound

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »

Although I don't know for sure the actual wattage numbers, I do know the LEDs used for the Enerald setups are higher wattage than the single LEDs to accommodate the brightness even though it's being split between four dies. This should make it fairly similar to the single LEDs in brightness.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »

That's right, the RGBW/A type LEDs used for Emerald are similar to the single LEDs regarding brightness. The only thing that noticeably reduces brightness is the use of colour discs or filters for the AS blade colour to change between different colours.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 05:15:28 AM »

Based on having single LED sabers and Emerald sabers, I can say that to my eye they are equally bright.  I don't see any disadvantage from either based on the performance from both types.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: