Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: COMIC BOOK MOVIES  (Read 15978 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »

That acid trip line was great. And once again, Fassbender just rules as Magneto.

I always had a question about First Class (and the first X-Men movie too). When Magneto is in prison, how does he shave and cut his hair?

Post your theories below and the winner gets a sarcastic response from me! Grin Cheesy

Ceramic would do the trick. Obsidian can also be made into an extremely sharp edge.  Smiley

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:22:50 PM by Drahcir » Logged

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2016, 04:09:18 PM »

There's another mutant whose power is simply various degrees of hair removal.  He's been commissioned to handle Magneto and is a sassy man with hot pink hair and perfect nails.  He beat Magneto at chess once, but nobody talks about it.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2016, 05:22:57 PM »

Ceramic would do the trick. Obsidian can also be made into an extremely sharp edge.  Smiley

As someone who experiments with ancient technologies, I can tell you obsidian can't be used to shave with.
Unless you want to bleed a lot and not feel it. Obsidian is stupidly sharp, but also very brittle. Plus you'll leave micro pieces of glass everywhere.
You'd need a stronger material like chert or chalcedony.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2016, 07:06:04 PM »

personally i think his first appearance in First Class, he should have had long hair and a beard like Sean Connery in The Rock. But, in reality (of the movies) i assume they render him unconscious with gas and them send in a barber.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2016, 10:38:03 PM »

Interesting. I mean, why is he cleaned up? Wouldn't they rather not go through the hassle or gassing or any other method and just let him go man in the iron mask.
Very interesting, but yeah, I'm sure there's something they use

No points, just fist bumps baby!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2016, 04:57:06 PM »

on the basis of the comics themselves.....anyone catch the latest Disney has done to Marvel??

all the classic heroes have or are being replaced. here's the list  so far

Spiderman: Latino/Black
Thor: female
Hulk: Asian
Captain America: Nazi
Wolverine: female
Iron Man: Black, female

yep, Iron Man is the latest victom. can't they create or write a new main stream character anymore? why violate we all know?

personally feels like anything many is slowly being pulled out. bad enough they wiped out almost all the Native American characters. I think the Punisher is the only one left....unless they find a horrible way to turn him transgender or a drag queen. (mild sarcasm)

anyone else have views on this?

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2016, 05:27:34 PM »

Crap like this is why I have been buying and reading classic comics.

I don't have any issues with female characters or shaking up the ethnicity of characters.  Comics have long needed more diversity.  However, create new characters!  They're obviously trying to draw on the popularity of existing characters, which is fine.  However, don't change the existing characters, they're popular because people like the existing versions.  All they have to do is start introducing the new characters into existing characters' books, then find out based on reader feedback who people want to get their own books.  Or, use the showcase style mixed books to introduce new characters and do the feedback thing.  It's worked out well doing it that way in the past.

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2016, 05:40:26 PM »

Crap like this is why I have been buying and reading classic comics.

I don't have any issues with female characters or shaking up the ethnicity of characters.  Comics have long needed more diversity.  However, create new characters!  They're obviously trying to draw on the popularity of existing characters, which is fine.  However, don't change the existing characters, they're popular because people like the existing versions.  All they have to do is start introducing the new characters into existing characters' books, then find out based on reader feedback who people want to get their own books.  Or, use the showcase style mixed books to introduce new characters and do the feedback thing.  It's worked out well doing it that way in the past.

I agree completely! this is how we got Venom, heck, most of these characters started out as a side hit in a comic title not their own.
spiderman amazing fantacy 15 prime example. Deadpool didn't start on his own title....wheres the writing creativity??

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »

I agree completely! this is how we got Venom, heck, most of these characters started out as a side hit in a comic title not their own.
spiderman amazing fantacy 15 prime example. Deadpool didn't start on his own title....wheres the writing creativity??

Even the Punisher started off as a Spider-Man antagonist.  In his first appearance, he was trying to kill Spider-Man.  Later on, he teamed up with Spidey and other heroes before getting his own book.  That's how it should be done, instead of "Let's create a 'new' character by revamping one of our popular ones."

Now, that's not to say revamping isn't a good thing, sometimes.  The '50s brought us Barry Allen and Hal Jordan, new identities for the characters The Flash and Green Lantern.  However, those were books that had failed over time and ended their runs.  In very few instances has replacing characters gone well.  Going back to The Flash, switching from Barry to Wally West was a good move, but Wally had already had a great run as Kid Flash.  None of the Earth-based Green Lanterns have been as popular as Hal.  Though, GL's power ring passing on to successors certainly works better than trying to explain how something like Spider-Man's origin happened to more than one person.

But, I guess Marvel is trying to appeal to a younger generation.  Still, they could do it with new characters.

bigBear
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »

comepletly agree, how we managed a new Ghost Rider even the movie somewhat had that right.

maybe the latest F4 movie was their attempt to bring it to screen....we all know how that went (like the titanic)

who's scruffy looking?

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2016, 11:03:47 PM »

Well, the latest FF movie was simply thrown together hastily to keep the movie rights from expiring and defaulting back to Marvel.  So, instead of that, they released a movie nobody liked, not even the director.  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: