Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Guardian Review  (Read 1959 times)
zachgavin57
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

I'm lovi'n it.

« on: September 16, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »

Let my true opinion be expressed in the video... Obviously VERY NICE.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6QxfJWv5A" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:38:33 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:08:13 PM »

Great review there, Zach.  I like the Guardian in AS, it looks great with it.  I recommend buying both Lee Filters swatch books since they use the gel inserts that have a better color variety and are much darker and fuller looking than the disks.  You can pick them up here:  https://shop.leefiltersusa.com/LEE-Swatch-Books_c4.htm

Also, yellow does exist for Ultrasabers, they're known as forum colors of which are only available for forum members since it's listed here.  Below are the instructions on how to order the 5 forum colors, the one that you want is Sentinel Yellow.

These are the five "Forum" colors. They are all variations of colors available to the public.

(Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.)

DVA - Made by tuning a VA to a more indigo.

BH - I think it's made by tuning a VA to make it MAGENTA. (Sorry for the caps but you can argue with me all day about what color it is, so if you don't believe me google magenta.)

Pyrestone Orange - Made with red and green courtesy of an RGB led (much like Violet Amethyst is made with red and blue).  Blood Orange, Red Orange, w/e you want to call it, it looks like FO with more red.

Sentinel Yellow – Another mix of red and green with an RGB led, but this one turns out yellow.  Golden Yellow, really IDK how i'm supposed to describe it and not sound biased.......because i am.  It's just yellow and it's awesome.

Emerald Green – A mix of green and blue, essentially a modification of Sunriders Destiny with a higher resistance on the blue diode to give a greener hue.

These five colors can be ordered very easily.

First - When you are making your color selection, you MUST choose one of the "Premium" 5$ extra Colors. Such as, Violet Amethyst (VA), Arctic Blue (AB), Sunrider's Destiny (SRD), etc...

Second - There is a $5 ADDITIONAL charge for "Forum Only" colors.  Purchase a quantity of 5 (so $5) in requisitions charges from here: http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/requisitioncharge.htm

Third - After you have made your selections and are ready to check out move to the checkout page. Here you will find a small box labeled "Order Comments", specify IN HERE that you would like to have the color chosen changed to W/E color you write in the box.

Here's the link to the forum color thread:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4475.0

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 10:04:53 PM »

Dude, you have excellent taste. Love the Captain America shirt. Also, nice repurposing of the bubble wrap that came with it. I've seen a lot of people suggest this and that to keep the packs from moving, but you're the first one I've seen that just re-uses what comes with it. Smiley

Anyway, great review. The color discs are fun, but definitely not the best way to change colors. The best is an RGB LED with a color change board, but that costs a lot more money. The quick release coupler is definitely awesome. Ultrasabers is the only company that has one, as far as I know. And, the more fancy blade plug is the "Circle blade plug," by the way. Wink I have one in my Consular. I really need to get one of the standard ones, I like those a lot.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 01:49:09 AM »

I enjoyed your video and thought you brought up some good points about making sabers your own and not necessarily going with canon colors.  The Guardian is one of the sabers I fell in love with when holding in person, and it is now in my top 3 of my wishlist.  You really got me thinking about a stunt version to save on cash where I hadn't considered that for this saber, and AS is also a good choice as you can use filters to change the color as you wish. 

I can't settle on Emerald Green or Arctic Blue for the LED whenever I get mine.  Actually I would like to get one in AB with CG FOC, and suspect US can do it as a special request but in that case I'd probably go for V4 sound. 

Lastly be sure to search "Forum colors" as yellow is available on a stunt just that you need to special order it following some instructions.  Nevermind, I just noticed Infinit explained it perfectly above.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 11:49:18 AM »

Just re-watched your review, that was me thinking that the skeleton was X23 so thanks for the shout out!  Have a point and I look forward to seeing your mystery box

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 12:18:50 PM »

You really got me thinking about a stunt version to save on cash where I hadn't considered that for this saber, and AS is also a good choice as you can use filters to change the color as you wish.  ve.

Also, if you decide you want to add sound later, the Guardian is super easy to disassemble. There's nothing weird in its construction, it's straightforward.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 02:51:55 PM »

You really got me thinking about a stunt version to save on cash where I hadn't considered that for this saber, and AS is also a good choice as you can use filters to change the color as you wish. 

I honestly didn't think about it until SFD mentioned that it's what he does and I've changed most in my wishlist to stunt setups which makes them waaaaay more affordable and a plus since I get to thinker more with them to add sound and whatnot.  This way, I can order more than one saber at a time and it's a plus since the LED and switch will already be in place. 

Lastly be sure to search "Forum colors" as yellow is available on a stunt just that you need to special order it following some instructions.  Nevermind, I just noticed Infinit explained it perfectly above.

Great minds think alike, Edon. Point.

Also, if you decide you want to add sound later, the Guardian is super easy to disassemble. There's nothing weird in its construction, it's straightforward.

Really good to know, I've been obsessing on the Guardian since owning my Consular and knowing this info just jumped it to the top 5 on my wish list.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 08:00:00 PM »

Excellent review! Point!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 10:06:34 PM »

Hey zach, welcome to the forum. I really enjoyed your video review. I have both of those sabers and they are pretty cool. You should keep an eye out for the flash sales that are always happening. You can score great sabers at reduced prices. If you like larger sabers, try the Scorpion. It's a beast. I'd also suggest the Spectre. It's about the same size as a Guardian but not so heavy. It's one of my new favorites. Anyway, looking forward to seeing more videos from you.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 159

" ¶ Fiπd U® L∆¢k Of F∆ith Di$tu®biπG"

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 09:14:17 PM »

Great review Jack!!  Very informative!!! +1 4 da 411!!

"Don't Be To Proud Of The Technological Terror You've Constructed The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Force".  {D∆®th V@d€®}

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
®∆v€π\0b$!dV4\B®\F0©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\$$\40"HG\PT
W@® G! @iv€\Ob$idV4\V@\Fo©∆s\$ilv®wht€∆V\40"HG\PT
$€0®pi0π\Ob$idV4\©G\Fo©f0\B¶kG®n∆v\40"HG\PT
M∆£i©€\Ob$idV4\b®\Fo©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\40"HG\PT
Fu¶©r®um\Ob$!dV4\$®d\Fo©∆b\B¶kB¶u∆v\36"HG\PT
L0$tG®€¥\Ob$idV4\@B\Fo©@$\B¶kB¶u∆v\40"HG
R€∆p€R\Ob$idV4\gB\FoCv∆\B¶kB¶uAv\36"HG
R€n€g∆d€\Ob$idV4\@$\FoCb®\Blk®dAv\40"8"HG
D∆®kW∆®G¶∆iv€×2\Ob$idV4\b®\FoCv∆\B¶k®d∆v\36"HG
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

zachgavin57
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

I'm lovi'n it.

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 03:35:32 AM »

Thanks for the support everyone and also letting me know about more of the color options!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: