Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: For lightsaber noobs only! (MHS, MLS, RGB, etc.). What is their meaning?  (Read 75498 times)
Averrial Rogue Jedi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

May the force be with you ...always

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 05:17:44 AM »

Thanks Luna

Light side points please

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »

Noob question here.  Can someone explain the quick disconnect to me? 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »

Quick Disconnects (QDs) are a small black clip that connects to the wires that go from your LED to your power source. It allows you to swap between different LEDs, and by doing so, change the color of your saber.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »

Quick Disconnects (QDs) are a small black clip that connects to the wires that go from your LED to your power source. It allows you to swap between different LEDs, and by doing so, change the color of your saber.

Thanks.  Much appreciated.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 06:22:23 PM »

Not a problem Smiley

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 04:43:20 PM »

A couple more noob question.  What is the difference between the regular and UltraEdge blades?  Is one considered better than the other or is it just aesthetic?

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 04:45:58 PM »

It's just aesthetic. Ultraedge has white film in it rather than silver/clear. It can make your colours a bit more pastel looking actually.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 04:48:28 PM »

It's just aesthetic. Ultraedge has white film in it rather than silver/clear. It can make your colours a bit more pastel looking actually.

Thank you sir.  I guess I'll give the regular blade a try next time and see how different it looks. 

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »

You're welcome Smiley

I've got an UE blade, and a bunch of MGs. I prefer the MG on all colours that I've tried so far except for SRD. SRD looks amazing in UE!

As to colours I've seen in person, I've seen CG, EG, GB, SRD, BR, VA, AS, SY and each of them look best in MG in my opinion.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 11:11:15 PM »

As a rule, I recommend ultra-edge for cooler colours - my Arctic Blue and Adegan Silver 'sabres have UE, while my Violet Amethyst and Pyrestone Orange 'sabres have mid-grade. I'll bow to BenPass' greater experience of the other shades, though, as I can only go on my own first-hand experience and preferences.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 05:47:14 PM »

In every ones experience which LED colors are the brightest ? Maybe top 3.

From what I can see its AS, GB then CG with the least brightness coming from PO and DVA is that pretty accurate ?

I want to get a Consular in CG and I'm debating between 3 other colors for a second Module with Quick Disconnects - debating between just GB for the fact I would have two of the main colors or something Sith ier so I can take the shroud off an have something in either PO , FO, or VA ... Definitely not BR ... BR, BH,DVA are the only colors I've ruled out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2013, 04:55:10 AM »

In every ones experience which LED colors are the brightest ? Maybe top 3.

From what I can see its AS, GB then CG with the least brightness coming from PO and DVA is that pretty accurate ?

I want to get a Consular in CG and I'm debating between 3 other colors for a second Module with Quick Disconnects - debating between just GB for the fact I would have two of the main colors or something Sith ier so I can take the shroud off an have something in either PO , FO, or VA ... Definitely not BR ... BR, BH,DVA are the only colors I've ruled out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

They're all fairly equal, but FO stands out as being the least bright.

DVA and PO are certainly not the least bright by any stretch - in fact, DVA seems the brightest to me, even compared to CG and GB.

no

tommy13
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 05:54:51 PM »

okay i have picked out a body style that says not MHS campatible...does that mean i cant choose my own pommel or anything sorry first day here little overwhelmed

BenPass
Knight Commander

Jedi Consular

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 05:56:24 PM »

You're right in that assumption. If it IS MHS compatible, then you can choose parts....if it ISN'T MHS compatible, you cannot choose parts.

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 01:28:27 AM »

They're all fairly equal, but FO stands out as being the least bright.

DVA and PO are certainly not the least bright by any stretch - in fact, DVA seems the brightest to me, even compared to CG and GB.

That's probably because DVA has the shortest wavelength of light for any of the blade colors.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: