Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: SPIDERMAN: INTO THE SPIDERVERSE (NON-SPOILER REVIEW)  (Read 4459 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 12:00:52 PM »

Not wanting to contradict my spiritual online forum brother but Homecoming came out last year.

Ooooos. My bad, lol. But you get my point, let’s take away that and add his emotional scene from Infinity War then

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 07:08:12 PM »

Ooooos. My bad, lol. But you get my point, let’s take away that and add his emotional scene from Infinity War then
Deal

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 10:39:17 PM »

A great year and a half, then. Wink

Homecoming is good, but I actually like this one better. Marvel really needs to expand their animated universe. I know this is Sony, but the point remains. There's untapped potential there, plus you're owned by the biggest animation studio in history. They spent $90 million making this movie, a fraction of a live action superhero film. It made over 1/3 that on its opening weekend and is looking like it's going to do extremely well at the box office overall. Also, if Sony doesn't do a sequel to this, I'll be shocked.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 11:04:57 PM »

I think the success, critical reception and audience love of this movie will cause all the big studios, not just Marvel, to consider doing some of their comic book properties animated instead of live action. However, can they make those movies as compelling, fun and heartfelt as this? We shall see. It all boils down to a simple formula, if you want to make money make a good movie.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 11:47:16 PM »

Well, DC already has a really well established presence in the animated scene. While they don't get theatrical releases, their animated films do well on DTV sales.

Another thing Into the Spider-Verse established is that you can do PG rated animated films without being childish. I like that a lot.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2018, 11:55:58 PM »

Well, DC already has a really well established presence in the animated scene. While they don't get theatrical releases, their animated films do well on DTV sales.

Another thing Into the Spider-Verse established is that you can do PG rated animated films without being childish. I like that a lot.

Agreed. I love the fair share of animated movies and like that quite a bit doesn’t cater to children or adults alone and makes for good stories and action sequences all within a movie or series

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2018, 12:04:44 AM »

That's the point I was making. Spiderverse shows that good feature length animated movies based on comic book properties can be successful. I know DC kills it in animation, but I think the last theatrical release they did was Mask of the Phantasm, which will excellent, did poorly box office wise.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2018, 02:30:15 AM »

Mask of the Phantasm was badly botched, release wise. It was originally planned for DTV, so it was filmed in 4:3. Somewhere along the way, they decided to put it in theaters but not reshoot it in a theatrical aspect ratio. That's probably one reason it did poorly. Not surprisingly, it did well on home video, where it should have been released in the first place. They learned their lesson by the time they did Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero. It was released on VHS, which was perfect. I have both of those in a DVD combo pack.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2018, 07:47:15 AM »

Mask of the Phantasm was badly botched, release wise. It was originally planned for DTV, so it was filmed in 4:3. Somewhere along the way, they decided to put it in theaters but not reshoot it in a theatrical aspect ratio. That's probably one reason it did poorly. Not surprisingly, it did well on home video, where it should have been released in the first place. They learned their lesson by the time they did Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero. It was released on VHS, which was perfect. I have both of those in a DVD combo pack.
It was a different time. A simpler time.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2018, 03:26:18 PM »

Deal

A great year and a half, then. Wink

Homecoming is good, but I actually like this one better. Marvel really needs to expand their animated universe. I know this is Sony, but the point remains. There's untapped potential there, plus you're owned by the biggest animation studio in history. They spent $90 million making this movie, a fraction of a live action superhero film. It made over 1/3 that on its opening weekend and is looking like it's going to do extremely well at the box office overall. Also, if Sony doesn't do a sequel to this, I'll be shocked.

Agreed with both of you!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2018, 11:32:19 PM »

It was a different time. A simpler time.

It's true, now you have to release everything on Blu-Ray, DVD and digital.  Roll Eyes Back then, there was just good ol' VHS. (be kind, please rewind)

Yes, I realize that's probably not what you were referring to by "a simpler time."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2018, 05:26:45 PM »

It's true, now you have to release everything on Blu-Ray, DVD and digital.  Roll Eyes Back then, there was just good ol' VHS. (be kind, please rewind)

Yes, I realize that's probably not what you were referring to by "a simpler time."
It was actually Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: