Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Mysteries (to you)  (Read 12603 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« on: January 10, 2017, 03:35:40 AM »

This thread is mostly for questions about Star Wars that you cannot understand, or find an answer for.

One of them that I can't figure out stemmed from the fact that I just finished AOTC again. It is: How did Galen Erso design the Death Star when it was already designed in AOTC? The blueprints and technical specs were already there when you see the designs of Geonosis. Was he recruited at that time, and who recruited him?

Anybody have an answer for this?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:19:22 AM »

I think he either had a part in the AOTC's incomplete designs already, or he just specifically designed the science of the weapon and core etc. The framework seen in AOTC was getting started, but they asked Galen to help because they were stuck in RO. Also, he knew they would be asking him to. There's more details eluded there. He'd been involved before RO and was forced to again.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 05:20:01 AM »

Galen was old in the beginning scene of R1. The Imperial who finally found him (forgot his name) said he was a hard man to find, implying he stopped working for them a long time ago. So I'm guessing Galen was working for them back then, he would have been young. Then he stopped. The flaw in that theory is: would it take the Empire years to find him? Well, he may have said years in that scene, I don't remember it well.

Am I making any sense?

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 08:15:00 AM »

The Republic gained the plans from the Geonosians (both via Dooku and via a plea deal) and the bugs started to build the superweapon.  Supposedly the idea was to build this things to counter the one the Seperatists might be building (which was actually not happening since there was only one being built).   Erso was saved from Seperatist hands and introduced into a project to make use of his known weapons design skills.  After the Repubic fell, and the numbers of kyber crystals available increased by a large amount, Erso begam to question what he was working on.   Director Kreanic tried to go it would Erso but the weapon's test blew up the place they were testing.  The Director blamed pirates and rebels in an effort to get Erso to see his designs were needed in the Empire to make sure everyone was safe from these criminals.   Erso's wife found out the truth Erso took his family into hiding.   The Director attempted to continue the work, but the Geonosians rebelled.  They were exterminated, and the Death Star moved once it had a hyperdrive.  The Station itself was mostly completed, but the superweapon was a problem.  Erso was found and dragged back to the project, which still took ten or more years to finish.  Partly because Erso was dragging his feet, and also attempting to find a way to make the Death Star fragile in some way as to not be obvious to the Empire.  The Power Generator is very unstable and only need a good hit to blow the whole thing up.  That was Erso's doing.  I am not sure if he specifically put in the exhaust port for the purpose of hitting the core, or if that just happened to be the best way the Rebels could find on short notice.  Just that the core was fragile.  Probably overly so.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 08:08:10 PM »

The Republic gained the plans from the Geonosians (both via Dooku and via a plea deal) and the bugs started to build the superweapon.  Supposedly the idea was to build this things to counter the one the Seperatists might be building (which was actually not happening since there was only one being built).   Erso was saved from Seperatist hands and introduced into a project to make use of his known weapons design skills.  After the Repubic fell, and the numbers of kyber crystals available increased by a large amount, Erso begam to question what he was working on.   Director Kreanic tried to go it would Erso but the weapon's test blew up the place they were testing.  The Director blamed pirates and rebels in an effort to get Erso to see his designs were needed in the Empire to make sure everyone was safe from these criminals.   Erso's wife found out the truth Erso took his family into hiding.   The Director attempted to continue the work, but the Geonosians rebelled.  They were exterminated, and the Death Star moved once it had a hyperdrive.  The Station itself was mostly completed, but the superweapon was a problem.  Erso was found and dragged back to the project, which still took ten or more years to finish.  Partly because Erso was dragging his feet, and also attempting to find a way to make the Death Star fragile in some way as to not be obvious to the Empire.  The Power Generator is very unstable and only need a good hit to blow the whole thing up.  That was Erso's doing.  I am not sure if he specifically put in the exhaust port for the purpose of hitting the core, or if that just happened to be the best way the Rebels could find on short notice.  Just that the core was fragile.  Probably overly so.

Thanks, that clears it up (I think).

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 12:56:38 AM »

So why does Boss Nass still have the crown thingy in ROTS if he is no longer the Boss? Bad writing again?

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 02:21:40 AM »

So why does Boss Nass still have the crown thingy in ROTS if he is no longer the Boss? Bad writing again?

What makes you think Boss Nass is no longer leader of the Gungans in ROTS?

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 04:09:27 AM »

Because there is a different Boss in TCW.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 04:12:08 AM »

What makes you think Boss Nass is no longer leader of the Gungans in ROTS?

Yes, Boss Lyonie, I think.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »

The crown may be something personal to him, or a ceremonial thing accorded to all Bosses (similar to the way ex-Presidents are all still addressed as President Whoever).

Or just that there was several years between ROTS and TCW, so... Wink

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 05:05:57 PM »

Yes, Boss Lyonie, I think.

Is it possible there's more than one Gungan city and the other Boss is just another Boss? Boss Nass is like the Big Boss over all. I mean, they clearly have advanced transportation and an army. So why wouldn't there be other Gungan places?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 08:58:16 PM »

Well, I thought this might be the case as well, but on Wookieepedia it says that Boss Nass stepped down from the possession sometime before the Clone Wars started. I guess the crown could've been something personal to him, but I don't think crowns usually stay with the last person who wore them.

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 11:24:57 PM »

Well, I thought this might be the case as well, but on Wookieepedia it says that Boss Nass stepped down from the possession sometime before the Clone Wars started. I guess the crown could've been something personal to him, but I don't think crowns usually stay with the last person who wore them.

What if it's not really a crown and he's just an eccentric Gungan who wears a funny hat?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 01:07:31 AM »

What if it's not really a crown and he's just an eccentric Gungan who wears a funny hat?

Possibly, but Boss Lyoni wears on just like it.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 02:53:17 AM »

I would suppose each Crown is unique to the Boss...meaning they have one made for each Boss and they continue to wear it after their rule is over as a Status Symbol.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: