Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 4 channel emerald Overlord PO w/ VA FoC settings  (Read 2092 times)
Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« on: March 09, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »

This is the quick review of the Overlord 4ch emerald RGBA and settings provided in video. This video was to try and she'd some light on the actual settings while in the software along with visual reference, allowing anyone who has not seen or is unsure about making the move to emerald and why you should. Moderator feel free to move this thread to the correct location if you'd like. Wasn't sure where to post it. Thanks for watching and I hope this helps anyone who is on the fence regarding emerald sabers and why it's worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnrrgN7HtwI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:18:21 PM by Kal-El » Logged

Lightside points if any are given

Shadowous Phantom
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 50

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:26:30 AM »

I agree the 4 channel Emerald is great!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 05:01:54 AM »

Having an emerald saber is amazing.  I have two thanks to my purchase and a win in the first winter raffle.  I'm not sure if i'd ever get one without it going forward, wayyy too much fun and so much customizing at your finger tips.  And did I mention that it's really fun!!!???  Cause it is Smiley  It gets my vote as a worth while investment.  Thanks for the cool vid Kal.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:09:47 AM by hazard502 » Logged

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 05:09:19 AM »

Nicely done, and I agree 4 channel are awesome. Mine's RGBW so is doesn't do PO as well as that one would, but it does cool "slivery" colours really well - which I like.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Darth Ernious
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 05:10:53 AM »

I really want the 4 channel emerald.  Can you post more videos of different settings?  Also what is the difference between the two 4 channel emerald drivers? Which one is the best to get?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 05:38:04 AM »

Nice. I want a 4 channel Emerald saber so bad. I'd have to do mine in blue though. Guardian Blue main blade color, pulse to Arctic Blue, then flash to Sentinel Yellow for a true real movie feel for my first Emerald saber. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 12:54:59 PM »

4-channel all the way! That blade color/FoC combo is trippy.

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 01:14:04 PM »

I really want the 4 channel emerald.  Can you post more videos of different settings?  Also what is the difference between the two 4 channel emerald drivers? Which one is the best to get?

For which is best of the two 4-channels... that really comes down to opinion and what you want.
Lots of people like the bright flash and flicker you can get with mixing White (sliver) into your blade colour of choice.
In more general terms; RGBW makes for easy 'cold' or pale colours, and RGBA makes for good warm colours.

It could be argued that if you really want yellow/orange colours RGBA is a better option because you can make some of those colours simply by adjusting the level of one die instead of two - which also means you're not drawing as much from the battery.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 01:38:36 PM »

RGBA for warmer colors and RGBW for pastel brightness.

Lightside points if any are given

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: