Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Installed Quick Disconnect on my Monarch  (Read 1951 times)
jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« on: October 14, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »

gotta say this now - -  THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY

Anywho, Im going as Sidious for Halloween and wanted to use my Monarch, so I used extra JST connectors to install quick disconnect. I also wanted to eventually have ALL the colors of LED modules and swap them out as well. Kid in the candy shop, what can I say.

So, I made a quick vid, kinda made it a how - to vid as well

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2svPfhkmYM&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2svPfhkmYM&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

MTFBWYA

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 04:10:08 PM »

I got quick disconnects on my Bellicose, but I also have FoC so I'll have three leads on the QD attached to the saber. Do you know if everything will still work if I get other LED modules that don't support FoC? I'm pretty sure I'd order my future colors with FoC on it, but if I didn't, do you know if that would still be compatible?

Great wiring, btw. Something tells me that a voided warranty would not be too much of a concern to you if something went awry.  Grin

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 05:30:59 PM »

I got quick disconnects on my Bellicose, but I also have FoC so I'll have three leads on the QD attached to the saber. Do you know if everything will still work if I get other LED modules that don't support FoC? I'm pretty sure I'd order my future colors with FoC on it, but if I didn't, do you know if that would still be compatible?

Great wiring, btw. Something tells me that a voided warranty would not be too much of a concern to you if something went awry.  Grin

I personally do not have QD in either of my obsidian sabers but it would probably require you to solder a seperate connector for the FoC, so you would have one male for the LED itself and one male for the FoC connecting to the corresponding females on the saber, but dont quote me on that.

And yeah, Ive been working on my sabers for a while now and Im pretty comfortable with wiring, its good to see that it's noticable though! Smiley

I can look at a few diagrams and give you a more precise answer later.. but my computer's gonna die, hope this helped a little bit lol

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 05:45:02 PM »

It did indeed! Thank you and point!

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »

It did indeed! Thank you and point!

Grazie Mile!

and like I said if you need I can take a glance at some obsidian diagrams and give you a for sure answer later today hopefully but im in the language lab here at school and its a little hard to do right now Tongue

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 06:06:10 PM »

I just pretended to buy one from the site, and it there are options for QDs as well as FoC. Looks like all I'll have to do is just order it properly from the site. Just thinking about what I said earlier, if my saber supports FoC, why would I not use it? Smiley

There was a video on the smaller LED module page that shows to leads in with a shared lead out from the LED housing. I think you're right that two sets of dual QDs are used, and one QD channel is left blank on the FoC (or main, I suppose) lead out side.

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 07:31:34 PM »

I just pretended to buy one from the site, and it there are options for QDs as well as FoC. Looks like all I'll have to do is just order it properly from the site. Just thinking about what I said earlier, if my saber supports FoC, why would I not use it? Smiley

There was a video on the smaller LED module page that shows to leads in with a shared lead out from the LED housing. I think you're right that two sets of dual QDs are used, and one QD channel is left blank on the FoC (or main, I suppose) lead out side.

Make sure you are buying the LED module not the MLS style... I dont see an option to add FoC to the LED module on the product page so I would email emory and see what can be done

But yes, if you have FoC, utilize it! it's  a great feature

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 11:37:27 PM »

Emory will certainly be emailed first, but I think the Bellicose needs the MLS unit, even with FoC. If that is true, it looks like I can straight order them off the site. I don't fear the soldering iron, but it's nice when I don't need it!

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »

Emory will certainly be emailed first, but I think the Bellicose needs the MLS unit, even with FoC. If that is true, it looks like I can straight order them off the site. I don't fear the soldering iron, but it's nice when I don't need it!

Oh yeah, if it's the bellicose then you can just order it off the sight. I thought we were talking about the monarch Tongue which of course requires the standard LED module.

I actually like doing soldering work on my sabers strangely, I like getting practice Cheesy

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 01:23:59 AM »

It is going to be a concern when I order my son's V3 Prophecy, so if he ever does go the the dark side, I'll know how to rig his saber! Cheesy

Seriously, he's 4 and after his late great-grandma came up in conversation, (both he and grandma hate mustard - only ones in the family who do), he said he wished people didn't die and that they could stay with him. Cute, until you remember that Anakin said the same thing about Padme...  Undecided

Just covering my bases here. Cheesy

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 01:26:33 AM »

It is going to be a concern when I order my son's V3 Prophecy, so if he ever does go the the dark side, I'll know how to rig his saber! Cheesy

Seriously, he's 4 and after his late great-grandma came up in conversation, (both he and grandma hate mustard - only ones in the family who do), he said he wished people didn't die and that they could stay with him. Cute, until you remember that Anakin said the same thing about Padme...  Undecided

Just covering my bases here. Cheesy

Haha! good point. Yeah... I would definitely keep a close eye on your padawan..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: