Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: HOw do you disassemble an Ultrasaber?  (Read 8430 times)
Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

Grey Jedi Consular

« on: July 22, 2012, 04:20:08 PM »

Hey guys, I'm looking to add Econo-Sound to my US Liberator v2. It's totally stunt, so it's just batteries, switch, and LED. I'm wondering how the heck to get the switch and things out so I can work on adding in a board to it. I am decent with Electronics, but I really don't want to damage my newly aquired saber by trying to wire in some more things. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

"A "Grey Jedi" is someone who understands that what is "light" or "dark" is what resides in us, not in the Force, and seeks to better understand the whole of the Force without any restrictions or preconceptions."

Darth Vapour
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -98

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »

You need to pry the switch out with a screwdriver. Use some electrical tape to protect the saber from scratches. Take your time in this, it doesn't just pop out.  Once the switch is out you can just cut the wires to the switch and everything should just slide out.

"WRATH" Overlord PO Obsidian
"ICE" Customized Liberator AB Obsidian
"Fire" Dark Liberator BR
Hasbro Vader FX
Aeon V2 SY, Consular CG,
"Guardian" Customised SI V2 GB
Custom built Shock CG with obsidian FO FOC
Custom Yari staff BR

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:59:06 AM »

You are also going to need to buy a momentary switch. From my work with several of the Econo boards they all use Moms. You might be able to trick it with a latching switch if you do it just right but a real Mom switch would be best.

Make sure you can get the LED out of the body before you start cutting wires. You'll also want an Exacto knife to cut away the heat shrink and perhaps a solder sucker to desolder the points you reveal. It's much cleaner and makes for an easier rebuild than just cutting all of the wires.

Cheers. And post any other questions. I'll keep an eye on this thread to make certain you get answers.

Rassilon
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

Grey Jedi Consular

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 02:35:14 AM »

That would be lovely. Thank you. Although I need to build up some funds first to make sure I do it right. haha. How Hard would it be to install a quick release on the LED while I have it apart? I'm assuming relatively easy, but are there any special considerations involved?

"A "Grey Jedi" is someone who understands that what is "light" or "dark" is what resides in us, not in the Force, and seeks to better understand the whole of the Force without any restrictions or preconceptions."

Darth Vapour
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -98

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 03:16:12 AM »

It should be pretty straight forward. I guess you just need to be aware of different forward voltages for different led's (green v red for example) and if you are swapping between led's with different Vf's I would include the relevant resistor between the disconnect and the led.

"WRATH" Overlord PO Obsidian
"ICE" Customized Liberator AB Obsidian
"Fire" Dark Liberator BR
Hasbro Vader FX
Aeon V2 SY, Consular CG,
"Guardian" Customised SI V2 GB
Custom built Shock CG with obsidian FO FOC
Custom Yari staff BR

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 02:36:04 PM »

Dearth Vapour is absolutely right. I make all of my board completely modular. All you have to do is include the appropriate resistor on the LED side of the coupler for each LED and you'll be fine!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: