Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496382 times)
DArkonnen
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

Thanks for the memories. 1959-2014

« Reply #2955 on: May 30, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

Well you just summed up a little less than 200 pages of requests,  oh wait you didn't mention anything about curved hilts or black blades...but there's always next time.  Roll Eyes

I don't want curved hilts with black blades because I don't want to poke myself in the face with a blade that I can't see.  Cheesy

Graflex SE in Arctic Blue (UltraEdge) - Lord Vane's Luke ESB v.2 sound font

The Chosen One SE in Blazing Red (Midgrade) - Lord Vane's Darth Vader sound font (Vader breathing idle)

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #2956 on: May 30, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »

I mostly blame the Force Unleashed for all those black blade requests,  though it may have existed before the game TFU made it mainstream in the SW geekdom. I don't even use the black blade anymore on that game when I play. More of a green or gold blade user.

Anyway I still can't contain my excitement for what this 3 clawed saber will be!!!! Once revealed, I'm adding it to my wish list!

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2957 on: May 30, 2014, 04:21:35 PM »

Well you just summed up a little less than 200 pages of requests,  oh wait you didn't mention anything about curved hilts or black blades...but there's always next time.  Roll Eyes

I'm supportive of curved blades but I don't care for them at all and am sick of seeing pleas for them.

Black blades? Get some spray paint and make one, then take your doesn't-light-up saber and go away forever Wink

(I'm being sarcastic, of course. I don't care for either of those ideas but to each their own)

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #2958 on: May 31, 2014, 06:09:12 AM »

There's a thread for curved sabers so if your tired of seeing that particular request. Direct the "offender" to the thread linked below.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19442.0;topicseen

Live long and ... May the force be with you /).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #2959 on: May 31, 2014, 07:37:19 AM »

There's a thread for curved sabers so if your tired of seeing that particular request. Direct the "offender" to the thread linked below.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19442.0;topicseen

Live long and ... May the force be with you /).

Thank you Josh, that is exactly why I created the thread...I myself would love a Dooku replica but couldn't care less unles US decided to go ahead and make it. However I think we as a whole are tired of the request curved or like! So please use the link and join the discussion there, where others who feel similar will welcome those thoughts.

Lightside points if any are given

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2960 on: May 31, 2014, 12:52:49 PM »

Thank you Josh, that is exactly why I created the thread...I myself would love a Dooku replica but couldn't care less unles US decided to go ahead and make it. However I think we as a whole are tired of the request curved or like! So please use the link and join the discussion there, where others who feel similar will welcome those thoughts.

Yep, thanks for starting it and sharing in this thread.
Maybe it'll help those misguided souls find their brethren. Smiley

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #2961 on: May 31, 2014, 01:30:11 PM »

Also, if we keep it segregated, US will be able to sort through other suggestions more easily since they will already know about the dedicated thread.

Jedijosh
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 105

Come back to the light side we have chips & Salsa

« Reply #2962 on: May 31, 2014, 01:35:13 PM »

Yep, thanks for starting it and sharing in this thread.
Maybe it'll help those misguided souls find their brethren. Smiley

Your welcome

Your welcome, I completely agree:) have a point for creating that thread:).

Also, if we keep it segregated, US will be able to sort through other suggestions more easily since they will already know about the dedicated thread.

Yes:). Have a point too:).

Sabers:
Aeon v2 (CG), Archon v2.1 (VA), Graflex CE (Obsidian Emerald), Guardian (Obsidian GB),

Wish list:
Azure Mantis, Arbiter, Bellicose in RGB, Chosen One CE, Consular in CG, Prophecy v3

bariumdose
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #2963 on: June 05, 2014, 02:25:19 AM »

I would love to see brighter LEDs being available for these sabers. Some of the LEDs used by other sabersmiths are blazingly bright.

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2964 on: June 05, 2014, 03:48:49 AM »

I assure you these are some of the brightest around. Went to a com and when anyone with an ultrasaber was standing next to a non US saber you could tell which was which by the brightness of the blade. Just to clarify, US blades were always the brighter of the two Wink

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2965 on: June 05, 2014, 10:20:23 AM »

I assure you these are some of the brightest around. Went to a com and when anyone with an ultrasaber was standing next to a non US saber you could tell which was which by the brightness of the blade. Just to clarify, US blades were always the brighter of the two Wink

I've had varying experiences. Next to Master Replicas / Hasbro there's no comparison.
Next to "the other guys" I've had mixed results...  I've seen a few that were essentially identical and another one in particular that was spectacular. Not to knock US, their product quality and customer service are top notch which is why I support them. That being said, brighter LEDs would be awesome. They're currently not lacking but brighter is always better.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #2966 on: June 05, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »

I'll agree with that, brighter couldn't hurt that's for sure, yet I've never had the thought before. I think that most of the time it is in the blade choice and battery level that would mainly affect the brightness of a particular color. Good discussion at least.

Back to topic,

I'd like to see a wooden shroud for a saber. Something earthy would really be cool!!!

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #2967 on: June 05, 2014, 03:23:33 PM »

I would be all over a wooden shroud!  A wookie youngling in an episode of Clone Wars made a saber with a wood shroud, and it had a fantastic design.  Granted, it's animated and you can get away with anything, but it was a great design...very simple, yet elegant.  The question would be, can it be made in bulk?  Obviously there would be variation from shroud to shroud because of using a natural material, but I think that would make it even more desirable.  Oak, Ash, or Mahogany would be my choices...anyone else want to chime in with choices??

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2968 on: June 05, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »

I would be all over a wooden shroud!  A wookie youngling in an episode of Clone Wars made a saber with a wood shroud, and it had a fantastic design.  Granted, it's animated and you can get away with anything, but it was a great design...very simple, yet elegant.  The question would be, can it be made in bulk?  Obviously there would be variation from shroud to shroud because of using a natural material, but I think that would make it even more desirable.  Oak, Ash, or Mahogany would be my choices...anyone else want to chime in with choices??

Really like that idea. I think it could be made in bulk if the shape were cut out with some sort of machine or jig...
Of course the wood would have variations but that would make each saber unique.
Oak and mahogany are excellent choices, I'd also like teak or walnut. Some stuff like rosewood looks very nice but would be cost-prohibitive and a lot of people are allergic to it.

My current collection:
Phantom V2 in FO & CG

Wish List:
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #2969 on: June 05, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »

Really like that idea. I think it could be made in bulk if the shape were cut out with some sort of machine or jig...
Of course the wood would have variations but that would make each saber unique.
Oak and mahogany are excellent choices, I'd also like teak or walnut. Some stuff like rosewood looks very nice but would be cost-prohibitive and a lot of people are allergic to it.

Teak!  Now that's a choice!  It would be strong and beautiful.  Laminated bamboo would make a great shroud also.  We have laminated bamboo bo's & tonfa in our dojo that are beautiful and strong.  It's also a quickly renewable resource.  The lamination creates alternating layers of dark and light, which would look great on a shroud that was turned on a lathe.

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print