Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496367 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #4785 on: December 16, 2016, 05:35:04 AM »

I need some suggestions on the Fulcrum, Lost Grey, and Electrum Wind.
Please comment here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33342.msg518526#msg518526
As for a suggestion, what about a new saber using the Flamberge, or Renegade bodies with a new pommel and emitter design.

lightsaber king
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4786 on: December 16, 2016, 03:25:26 PM »

I would like to see a darksaber lightsaber hilt. The lighsaber used be dark maul and pre vizsla in the clone wars tv show

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4787 on: December 16, 2016, 03:45:56 PM »

I would like to see a darksaber lightsaber hilt. The lighsaber used be dark maul and pre vizsla in the clone wars tv show

Like this one?:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #4788 on: December 16, 2016, 03:47:51 PM »

Like this one?:

Someone around here made some really cool blades like that... I forget who it was though.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4789 on: December 16, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »

I know project_alien made some cool scabbards, and Obese Wan Kenobese was working towards a black-light blade...

I think lightsaber king wanted the hilt too though...

Edit: BTW - Welcome to the forum lightsaber king!

You ought to make your own introduction thread, so folks know to say hi. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #4790 on: December 16, 2016, 04:27:13 PM »

Couldnt find the one I was thinking of, but found this one!

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=21735.0

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #4791 on: December 23, 2016, 04:13:08 AM »

I think one thing US should concider to improve their Emerald driver, is a HEX LED.
For those who don't know a HEX LED is a single diode with six colors.  Red, green, blue, amber, white, and ultraviolet.
The reason I think this is a good idea, is because of the billions of possibilities when it comes to color.
Me personally, I'd like to use all of the colors.  I'd use the RGBA to create my saber color, the white for flash on clash, and the UV for pulsing.  When you mix UV with any other color it really pops.
Watch the video for a description of LEDs from a DJ's perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrwFfccg0Xk
I know I've posted this before, but I want to get this idea out there and get some more people thinking about it.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #4792 on: December 23, 2016, 04:36:32 AM »

I think one thing US should concider to improve their Emerald driver, is a HEX LED.
For those who don't know a HEX LED is a single diode with six colors.  Red, green, blue, amber, white, and ultraviolet.
The reason I think this is a good idea, is because of the billions of possibilities when it comes to color.
Me personally, I'd like to use all of the colors.  I'd use the RGBA to create my saber color, the white for flash on clash, and the UV for pulsing.  When you mix UV with any other color it really pops.
Watch the video for a description of LEDs from a DJ's perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrwFfccg0Xk
I know I've posted this before, but I want to get this idea out there and get some more people thinking about it.

I like this idea, but in my limited experiments with UV and reading, polycarbonate blades actually filter UV at higher energy levels. The UV range that makes things glow gets rather limited when the film doesn't help scatter it right and the polycarbonate is blocking it somewhat. I also wanted to see if maybe a tri cree could be done with a red, blue and UV blend to get the deep true purple I'm wanting. But the UV by itself was disappointing, so I didn't go anywhere with it. I wonder how close a deep blue mixed with deep red could approach the hot pink, since many with deep blue have reported a similar affect to UV.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #4793 on: December 24, 2016, 03:20:19 AM »

I like this idea, but in my limited experiments with UV and reading, polycarbonate blades actually filter UV at higher energy levels. The UV range that makes things glow gets rather limited when the film doesn't help scatter it right and the polycarbonate is blocking it somewhat. I also wanted to see if maybe a tri cree could be done with a red, blue and UV blend to get the deep true purple I'm wanting. But the UV by itself was disappointing, so I didn't go anywhere with it. I wonder how close a deep blue mixed with deep red could approach the hot pink, since many with deep blue have reported a similar affect to UV.
A HEX LED diode can mix the colors together with UV and they become more vibrant and well they just pop.
Mixing red and UV gives you a hot pink.  The UV on its own won't be very impressive with a polycarbonate blade.
Using a HEX LED, or even a TRI, or Quad LED diode cuts back on what is known as RGB shadowing in the DJ business.
If you use individual diodes for each color there is a chance of odd colorations, where as all of the colors are in one Hex, QUAD, or TRI LED diode.  In which case, you could have three or four diodes in a saber, and the brightness of the blade would be very intense.  I'm not even sure if it is possible to put four HEX diodes in a saber.  It would probably intail a redesign of the Emerald Driver, and the battery setup.
TRI = three colors per diode, usually red, green, and blue, or RGB.
QUAD = four colors per diode, usually red, green, blue, and either white, or amber, RGBW, or RGBA.
I'm not sure if this diode is what the Emerald Driver uses or not.
HEX = six colors per diode, usually red, green, blue, white, amber, and UV, or RGBWA-UV.
There are also diodes out in the world with five colors, but they are rare in the DJ industry these days.  Generally they have all the same colors as a HEX diode, without the UV.
Hope this sparks some new ideas at US, I'd love to have a saber with a single HEX LED diode, mostly because I think it would be bright enough.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4794 on: December 27, 2016, 06:47:11 PM »

An US version of a saber for our fallen princess please, like if she were to become a full fledged Jedi. We need this one done for sure

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #4795 on: December 27, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »

good call! her EU hilt maybe?

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4796 on: December 27, 2016, 07:46:17 PM »

Possibly. I always liked the design they used in the rabbit tooth wallpapers unless that's what you were referring to

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #4797 on: December 27, 2016, 11:40:54 PM »

It looks like a simple design, one could easily make something close with basic MHS parts. US could easily come up with one quickly.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Kailthir
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #4798 on: December 28, 2016, 12:57:16 AM »

An US version of a saber for our fallen princess please, like if she were to become a full fledged Jedi. We need this one done for sure

I was just about to make this suggestion. Scrolled to the bottom instead of just posting to see if someone already mentioned it.

This is a great idea. Actually another idea would be as jedi and sith (actor/ress) become one with the force... a tribute saber should be made and offered for a limited time.. say a year or something. Commemorating their life and impact in SW universe. Sure Princess Leia wasn't a jedi but she was force sensitive and used it on occasion in ep 5 and 6. in the EU, which is not cannon, she does in fact have a lightsaber and is a padawan. Just never finished her training. I think it would be a fitting goodbye to Carrie Fisher. Also lets not forget about Sir Alec Guiness. He should get one too.

Just my 2 credits worth. Your opinions or expiriences may differ.

"Judge me by my Saber, do you?"
"And well you should not..."
"...For my ally is UltraSabers, and a powerful ally it is"

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #4799 on: December 28, 2016, 01:17:20 AM »

This is a great idea. Actually another idea would be as jedi and sith (actor/ress) become one with the force... a tribute saber should be made and offered for a limited time.. say a year or something. Commemorating their life and impact in SW universe. Sure Princess Leia wasn't a jedi but she was force sensitive and used it on occasion in ep 5 and 6. in the EU, which is not cannon, she does in fact have a lightsaber and is a padawan. Just never finished her training. I think it would be a fitting goodbye to Carrie Fisher. Also lets not forget about Sir Alec Guiness. He should get one too.

Just my 2 credits worth. Your opinions or expiriences may differ.

I do not like that idea as I feel that it is profiting from their deaths. Though I do feel that any EU Leia sabers that US may have been considering should be moved higher on the to do list and released as usual.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: