Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496436 times)
BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6165 on: June 30, 2018, 09:53:27 PM »

And I reference the Dorinian and the Menace.
Exactly what I was talking about.  Those sabers got more options than their original designs, where is the love for the Archon, Grafflex, Chosen One, and Guardian?

Death Cyborg
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

Naughty Person

« Reply #6166 on: June 30, 2018, 10:51:29 PM »

Hi UltraSabers. I am an interested customer and I have been wanting a certain blade since the first time I saw it in Star Wars the Clone Wars, and that blade is the mighty wooden blade of Gungi the Wookie. Now the blade isn't wooden, but the hilt is. Anyway, I would love to see UltraSabers create a Gungi Blade Inspired stunt blade. All of the ones I have seen from those other guys have been too short for a Wookie to actually hold with both hands, and also no longer available. I want to own a blade from you guys that is useful, beautiful, and at least at this point, unique. This blade will make me strong in battle and humble in retreat, it connects with my force. Please help me reach fulfilling a dream I've had for several years.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gungi%27s_lightsaber/Legends

This would be a fun custom to make ! You could use an Initiate as a base, and use and epoxie based clay like AVES Apoxie Sculpt to sculpt the wooden features on it...you can even brush it with a wet wisk broom to make a fine woodgrain, then paint a woodgrain on that. We make tons of metal objects look like wood at Disney using this method.

Sabers Owned:
Initiate V2 with Sun Riders Destiny Heavy Grade UE Blade
Dark Initiate V2 with Fire Orange Mid Grade Blade
For now......Mwahahahahahaha !!!
(__(((((__o_(((_]]                                                           
(__(((((__0_(((_]]                                                            

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6167 on: July 01, 2018, 12:13:53 AM »

If Ultra Sabers used a 3d printer, they could make a outer sheath to overlay a blank that would hold the electronics. It would put the cost up a bit and add a little time for the build though.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6168 on: July 01, 2018, 12:28:42 AM »

This would be a fun custom to make ! You could use an Initiate as a base, and use and epoxie based clay like AVES Apoxie Sculpt to sculpt the wooden features on it...you can even brush it with a wet wisk broom to make a fine woodgrain, then paint a woodgrain on that. We make tons of metal objects look like wood at Disney using this method.

I used to work in a hardware store (years ago) and they used to sell "Wood Filler" putty and it even came with a dye you could mix in to create the woodgrain by combing it across the surface. I didn't realise they had made a substance to use on metals. I wish I'd known about it when I was designing a saber for Chewie last year. Had to rough up some grenade sections and use powdercoat to make a bark like look.

-1 point

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6169 on: July 01, 2018, 12:31:55 AM »

Good call, Cyborg.  I’m going to try that wtomorrow th a grab bag.  -1

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6170 on: July 01, 2018, 01:12:22 PM »

Good call, Cyborg.  I’m going to try that wtomorrow th a grab bag.  -1

Also gave a -1 to Cyborg.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #6171 on: July 01, 2018, 06:11:59 PM »

I can see a libby being an easy one to woodgrain. simple, nothing fancy to hint to "machined metal" look

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6172 on: July 01, 2018, 06:22:29 PM »

I can see a libby being an easy one to woodgrain. simple, nothing fancy to hint to "machined metal" look

I’m interested to see how it would look

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6173 on: July 02, 2018, 03:37:49 PM »

Exactly what I was talking about.  Those sabers got more options than their original designs, where is the love for the Archon, Grafflex, Chosen One, and Guardian?
One thing you need to remember, US has to put the money into a stock pile of finished parts to assemble into sabers. If they don't think a finish will sell, it would be foolish for them to make it. Sabers like the Flex, most people are going to want it to look like what they know from the movies. So something like an Azure Graflex is going to be an extreme niche market, and will take them forever to sell a run. Also, anodizers usually charge for a minimum quantity of parts, or a minimum per setup. If the number of parts isn't maximized, US would just be throwing money away, or would have to charge way more to offset their production costs. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6174 on: July 02, 2018, 07:05:10 PM »

One thing you need to remember, US has to put the money into a stock pile of finished parts to assemble into sabers. If they don't think a finish will sell, it would be foolish for them to make it. Sabers like the Flex, most people are going to want it to look like what they know from the movies. So something like an Azure Graflex is going to be an extreme niche market, and will take them forever to sell a run. Also, anodizers usually charge for a minimum quantity of parts, or a minimum per setup. If the number of parts isn't maximized, US would just be throwing money away, or would have to charge way more to offset their production costs. Undecided

That makes sense, Logos.  Since US is trying to make certain sabers like the Graflex or the Menace, making different colored variance of them are a pretty big risk if they're playing with whether the customers want them or not despite the new options.  If the audience don't buy them like their thought, those anodized sabers would be a waste of money since they're just sitting there now.   It's all about supply and demand.  After all, they are in the business for making money. 

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6175 on: July 02, 2018, 08:34:58 PM »

I would love to see a Katana like saber or at least a Katana emitter to add to existing ones

Or as I've mentioned before....

It may not be feasible, but maybe twin saber daggers say 6 to 12 inches long, for the close combat types of Jedi and Sith?  

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6176 on: July 03, 2018, 04:10:42 PM »

Again I site the Menace, and Dorinian.
I've seen a bunch of reviews on both of these sabers, and quite a lot of them are for the Azure, Dark, and Crimson versions.
So some modifications to the following sabers aren't exactly out of the question.
•Archon V2.1:
We'll start with the neck, and how I feel it needs some broader color options.  Since it is already black, the logical options would be Gold, Azure, Crimson, and Silver.
Next is the grip section, which I feel needs a few cosmetic options.  Basically a standard version, and a granade style version would be interesting.  I would also like to see an option to leave this section black, or silver.
As for the rest of the saber, I can't think of anything else to do to it.
The options for the Archon above are not too far fetched that they couldn't reasonably be done.
•Consular:
I think there needs to be an option to get the saber without a shroud, or with a different shroud.  For example a shroud with vertical grooves in it, or a pattern like that of the Scorpion, or Reaper in the shroud itself, maybe even an anadized version of the shroud.
The saber should also come in LE with silver grooves along the hilt..
The options for the Consular above, again are not too difficult to add.
So in my honest opinion, the above options are doable, but I think UltraSabers should put it to a fan vote, and see how many people would actually purchase the above sabers with new options.
Again I have to point back to Hasbro, and how they released three versions of the Qui-Gon Jinn saber, one in the traditional colors, one in silver with a black shroud, and one that was black with a gold shroud.  These sabers would deffinately sell.  Plus the changes I am suggesting for the Archon would make it look more like Obi-Wan Kenobi's saber from A New Hope.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6177 on: July 03, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »

Or as I've mentioned before....

It may not be feasible, but maybe twin saber daggers say 6 to 12 inches long, for the close combat types of Jedi and Sith?  

You'll chop your arm off, kid.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6178 on: July 03, 2018, 06:38:19 PM »

You'll chop your arm off, kid.

Then somthing like a saber sai?

or this version

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #6179 on: July 05, 2018, 01:58:55 PM »

the sai would be an interesting concept, just a matter of machining the hilt part. best blade option I think would be the 16" with 2 9" off the crossguards.
smaller version would be 9" with 2 6"

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: