Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496376 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6645 on: October 02, 2018, 12:28:29 PM »

Alright. I am going to depart from my usual request of more updates to the Diamond Controller and introduce (or reintroduce) an idea that has been floating around in my head for quite some time.

I suggest an Ultrasabers' Exchange Program. (Name not set in stone, open to suggestion)

It is no surprise to anyone that Ultrasabers' are quite addicting and you can buy them up like candy. (I sure did!) I have acquire quite a collection since starting in February 2016, most of my hilts sit in a box, wrapped up. (Batteries removed, of course!) And I am not quite confident enough to sell them on other platforms.

So the meat and potatoes of what I am purposing:
 * You have a hilt you want to sell back to Ultrasabers.
 * They offer you a fair and balanced price (hopefully, not expecting what I paid for it or even half of what I paid for it.) and you ship it to them.
 * Once they receive the saber, they confirm price and what they can recycle for parts and payment is sent to customer.
 * Instead of actually using cash, I purpose reward points being offered. It cuts back on fraud and you can send in sabers for points, to reduce price of "Holy Grail" sabers.

Let me know what you all think.

I think that this is a really cool idea that could be a workable idea.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6646 on: October 02, 2018, 07:27:11 PM »

I don't see a difference.
One is pronounced with an 'ay' the other with an 'ah'.

Tom-ay-to / tom-ah-to

It's an expression.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6647 on: October 02, 2018, 08:10:32 PM »

I want more hilts with claws. The reaper has always been one of my favorites, but it is like $150 and it's the cheapest saber with claws. and I am not talking about the little things on the V5's (which are cool) but I want actual claws

-Broadside

DarthJt
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 71

I am the Blind Jedi.

« Reply #6648 on: October 02, 2018, 09:24:08 PM »

There are only two sabers I want to see next. 
The first one is an updated Archon V2.1, made to look like the Obi-Wan Kenobi hilt from ROTS, without an activation box or d-ring, mainly because I would like it to be similar to the Archon V2.1..
That would be a simple thing to do,  Simply make the upper grip a grenade grip, and anodize it black.  Call it the Archon V2.2.
Then  add an activation box to the Archon V3.1 and then you can also have the Archon V3.2 with the grenade grip.
This would make every fan happy, those who want the activation box, d-ring, and thin neck are happy, and those who prefer the thicker neck and lack of d-ring and activation box are also happy.
The second one is an Anakin Skywalker inspired hilt from AOTC, this one I would like to see with an optional activation box.
This would be awesome.

I am the other Blind Jedi

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6649 on: October 02, 2018, 10:34:47 PM »

That would be a simple thing to do,  Simply make the upper grip a grenade grip, and anodize it black.  Call it the Archon V2.2.
Then  add an activation box to the Archon V3.1 and then you can also have the Archon V3.2 with the grenade grip.
This would make every fan happy, those who want the activation box, d-ring, and thin neck are happy, and those who prefer the thicker neck and lack of d-ring and activation box are also happy.This would be awesome.

I'd pay extra for a more accurate looking Archon hilt with grenade grip and activation box. I also much rather have the LED module above the neck, but that would of course mean a taller emitter for a blade holder.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6650 on: October 03, 2018, 02:20:17 AM »

I'd pay extra for a more accurate looking Archon hilt with grenade grip and activation box. I also much rather have the LED module above the neck, but that would of course mean a taller emitter for a blade holder.

I was with you until you said taller emitter. I would rather have 2 or 3 set screws and a shallow emitter, to give a more replica type look.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6651 on: October 03, 2018, 10:48:33 AM »

The Archon already has a grenade section, so y'all mean the gear section next to the pommel when you say grenade grip? Also the grenade on Luke's and OBK are not just different in color but also cut different.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6652 on: October 03, 2018, 11:11:10 AM »

The Archon already has a grenade section, so y'all mean the gear section next to the pommel when you say grenade grip? Also the grenade on Luke's and OBK are not just different in color but also cut different.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

This

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6653 on: October 03, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »

I will never understand the obsession with thin neck sabers.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6654 on: October 03, 2018, 08:12:47 PM »

same.

-Broadside

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #6655 on: October 03, 2018, 08:21:44 PM »

Hi All,

I think there is an elegance with a Thin Neck design using technology from a Galaxy Far, Far Away but it does bring difficulties when building a custom duelling one using 20-21st century earth technology.

I suppose it is similar to guitars in that you have fans of Stratocaster shaped instruments then there are the fans of the Telecaster shaped guitars (or the Gibson, Gretsch etc). Each to their own I guess.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6656 on: October 03, 2018, 08:34:16 PM »

Exactly.   For myself, my first ever saber was a Dominix V3, and my current saber is a Dark Catalyst.  :-)  both have pronounced choke-points that serve as excellent gripping points for dueling and spinning.  Love 'em to death.  I fell in love visually with the Guardian but my experience handling it soured it somewhat to me.  I still love it's looks, but ...

Well.  It needs a choke point.  ;-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6657 on: October 03, 2018, 08:46:26 PM »

Exactly.   For myself, my first ever saber was a Dominix V3, and my current saber is a Dark Catalyst.  :-)  both have pronounced choke-points that serve as excellent gripping points for dueling and spinning.  Love 'em to death.  I fell in love visually with the Guardian but my experience handling it soured it somewhat to me.  I still love it's looks, but ...

Well.  It needs a choke point.  ;-)
You just need bigger hands. Tongue My Manticore has no chokes, and I love how it moves in my hands.

Sig by For Tyeth

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6658 on: October 03, 2018, 09:21:59 PM »

Bigger hands....     *looks at hands*   Um, nope, not the problem.   ;-)

I'd have to try out a Manticore, but I suspect it goes back to that first saber experience.  I fell in love with the Dominix V3 and every saber I've had since is measured against that yardstick.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #6659 on: October 04, 2018, 01:21:45 AM »

One is pronounced with an 'ay' the other with an 'ah'.
Tom-ay-to / tom-ah-to
It's an expression.

I know that, I was just being a smart Jedi.

According to a description I received, there isn't any grenade grip on the Archon at all.
The first about 45% of it (from the emitter end down), is a wonderful grooved/ribbed (not grenade, since there's no opposing grooves section done in two tone.

Archon for the blind: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36580.0

Me either, for that matter I don't understand why people want an activation box on the Archon, or the Obi-Wan version of the Archon, they just get in the way.
I remember this from the Luke and Obi-Wan sabers I had in my teens, the boxes kept getting in the way of my grip.

Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: