Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496437 times)
Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #8115 on: February 08, 2020, 09:08:45 PM »

I still would like to see a hilt along the line of Sifo-Dyas's from the clone wars. It just calls to me.

All credit to the designer. This is not my render.

I see it as having more concave shields on the emitter and pommel. More aligned to the natural curve of the core.
I remember watching that episode and thinking it would make a cool saber to have in real life.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #8116 on: February 08, 2020, 09:57:22 PM »

I may be the odd one out but I love the Durasteel Dove

Hi Metal Mech, I have a soft spot for the The Durasteel Dove too but I'm biased. The Dove went through at least three or four variations before Psycho and I settled on this version so I got to know it quite well. It really helped me get a better appreciation and understanding of the design process - exchanging ideas and tweaking parts and segments till they blended together.

Thanks for the kind comment and a point is on the way to you.

Keevaro
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #8117 on: February 09, 2020, 01:15:27 AM »

Things I would love to see from UltraSabers:
Crystal Reveal Lightsabers.
Nickel Plated Couplers (adjustable, quick release, etc).
Better display stands? Like some of the cool light up kinds, or even wall mounted ones.
More Double Bladed Lightsabers that are single hilts, like the Dominicide.

Light Side Points Please! Smiley
Current Sabers:
Azure Fallen stunt, Sun Rider's Destiny, Combat Ready.
The Butcher w/Obsidian V4, Adegan Silver.
Shock LE w/Obsidian V4, Bane's Heart w/Silver FoC (Fiancé's).
Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
Second Menace CE w/Diamond Controller and Recharge.
(Raffle!) Guardian stunt, Fire Orange.
Crimson Empress w/Diamond Controller, Etching, and Recharge (Fiancé's).
(Ordered 5/8, Shipped 5/18) Azure Grand Master w/Obsidian V4, Recharge Port, Guardian Blue w/Arctic Blue FoC - A special B-Day present for my dad for all that he's done for me.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #8118 on: February 09, 2020, 04:31:51 PM »

I’d like to see an option for emitter choice like the pommel choice on sabers. That way when you’re building any of the mhs sabers say a consular for example you could select and emitter and pommel from the hole lineup and make you’re own “frankensabers” or at least open up the customizing options a bit rather than having to go through the accessories and add it separately.

Another neat thing that most if not all of the saber forges are lacking is a system that lets you plug in the parts you want to see an idea of what they’d all look like together. It shouldn’t be that hard to have a rendered version of each hilt, emitter, pommel and extra options that could be chosen and built and shown to give an idea of what you’re creating before you buy it.

Convertec wheels should just be standard on all sabers.

I’d love to see some other color choices. We’ve got about 15 now but some of the other guys have 20+. Having some more unique colors would be neat. We’ve got a few variations of pinks and purples, oranges and blues but really just the one green, yellow, and red. Unless you get the emerald driver of course. Then you can make whatever you want lol. But having some more options without it would be nice.

More blade plugs with different designs instead of just the standard one.

I second the idea of more single hilt double blades sabers like the dominicide.

I’d like some other hilt colors.  Add some orange, bronze, and green in that mix of the three options now. Also, I’d love to see something like black and white saber. Think like had the storm troopers all had a standard imperial issued saber instead of blasters and had the color scheme match their armor.

I like the newer etching idea that’s been added to some sabers like the spectre and grandmaster. Personally though I don’t like the design on the grandmaster though but the hilt is nice. I know the spectre has the option to order with or without. It would be nice to see that on the grandmaster as well and to have some more options on some of the other sabers like these too. It adds a nice look and there’s a few hilts that could benefit from having something like the etching on it.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #8119 on: February 09, 2020, 04:58:39 PM »

Covertec wheels should just be standard on all sabers.

I disagree strongly with this. Most Covertec wheels thata come standard on dueling sabers from all manufacturers are in the way of some of the best dueling grips. Keeping it as an option is the best way to go especially since the ones where it is an option offer some flexibility in where it is put. I order almost all saber with the option without wheels and know many others who do the same. An on many of the sabers i have that came standard with them i have had to move them. I daily wear sabers. The Scorpion wheel come standard in line with the claw which is much less comfortable against the leg than if it is ofset 90 degrees. I know for sure because i moved mine.

Its just like losing options for switches. I don't have and will likely never get any V5s because they cannot be gotten with the Guarded switch. The 16mm AV switches are too big in my opinion but once the saber has the hole for that switch it can't really be switched for a 12mm as the guarded switches can. Options are what makes Ultrasabers more fun than most of those others.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8120 on: February 09, 2020, 06:12:47 PM »

That makes sense I suppose. Maybe instead of the wheel being standard the hilt could at least come standard with a drilled and tapped hole incase you want to add it later. I have a couple that didn’t have it. A raffle win for example and id like to have it but it’s not worth sending it in to have it added or to buy the tools and attempt it myself. So those sabers will probably not have a wheel. Unless I add it to where the blade retention screw goes and just get a longer screw. I know it’s not an expensive option if you add it. I just think it would be nice to have it set up for it incase you changed your mind later on or got a grab bag or mystery box etc that didn’t come with it.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #8121 on: February 09, 2020, 06:19:50 PM »

Then you still have either an exposed hole or an extra screw/plug breaking up the clean lines of the saber. The Mantis has multiple hole but they are under the shroud so no difference. Others are nice the way they are for many.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8122 on: February 09, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »

Fair enough. I mean this was just a suggestion. I get that each of us has a preference. It wouldn’t be hard to place a hole for it that has a screw color matched to the hilt ie; silver or black so it doesn’t stand out but still leaves it open for a covertec or even a knob or knurled screw for some added color. Other than the wheel though what did you think of some of my other suggestions?

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #8123 on: February 09, 2020, 07:05:47 PM »

The idea of having selectable emitters is fun but kinda throws out the idea of a particular saber since, in my view at least, the emitter and body define the saber where the pommel is something of an accessory anyway.

You said most of the others are lacking a system to preview a given saber build but the ones that focus on interchangeable parts do have them. There is one that has a wide accessory parts selection that doesn't but that one isnt custom sabers anyway. I think US gives a pretty good preview with the photos that show your selection when configuring your order.

I don't have an opinion on other color options as i prefer the basic colors for me anyway. And if i did get an urge to have a different one part of what i enjoy about Ultrasabers is the ease of access to let me DIY stuff like that.

The option for other blade plugs is kind of fun. They did for a while but i don't know why not now. Any one inch plug can work though so there are many options available anywhere. I just get extra tips and put on a piece of tube i cut to the size of the emitter. Looks like a domed lens on the end of the saber.

More single hilt doubles could be nice. I'd like to see the designs.

I don't have a need for any more colors in hilts but it might be fun on some hilts. If anything color wise I'd like uncolored versions of sabers the only come colored. A Silver Scorpion or a polished Grand Master would be must haves.

I agree that the etchings are nice and the ones that offer it will be the etched version for me. I'd like an option for etching on the bare aluminum sabers but i understand  the process US uses just marks the anodizing anyway. An all silver Grand Master with a more refined etch design would be amazing.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8124 on: February 09, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »

I know a couple of the others have a system to build but they’re not that refined and the one in particular let’s you put pieces together but then you have to build it all once it shows up. I’m thinking more in ultra giving us an option to build your own saber using all available parts but seeing what it would look like before ordering. So not so much a custom option where you send in a design but a semi custom saber or franken saber as they call them using the parts they make. I know they used to have other blade plugs and that others make them. It’s just be nice to have them back here so you don’t need to place multiple orders to multiple places. Kind of a one stop shop. Like I said before on the etching. I like the idea but I’d like to see more options and have it available on more than the few sabers that currently have it. I’d like a plain version of the grandmaster or like you said a polished one as well.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #8125 on: February 09, 2020, 07:39:24 PM »

There's the biggest difference. I only like the interchangeable parts because i like to do it myself. I buy all my Ultrasabers as basic as i can, stunts with guarded switches and like that, just so they'll arrive ready for the upgrades i want to do to them. And the fact that they are TCSS MHS compatible is the best complimentary marketing idea in the saber community. With US large collection of base designs and so many options to customize and accessorize from TCSS I don't need to bother with anywhere else.

That's also why I don't participate in this thread too often. I really enjoy just waiting to see what they'll come up with next and how I can adjust it to my style.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8126 on: February 09, 2020, 08:00:20 PM »

That makes a lot of sense. I like customizing but I also don’t have the knowledge or skills to build my own. Plug and play is the way to go for me. Not that I couldn’t learn or want to learn but rather than spending a decent chunk of change and screwing it up I’d need to find someone who can work on it with me and teach me how to do a lot of those things like soldering and wiring etc. then I truly could build my own from scratch. As it is now from us I’d just like some more options to make something my own without having to get all parts separately and piece meal it together lol.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8127 on: February 10, 2020, 03:23:47 PM »

It's just savage looking.

Convertec wheels should just be standard on all sabers.
I disagree strongly with this.
Let's compromise. Covertecs come standard with an optional filler button head screw to plug the hole if you decide to remove the wheel.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8128 on: February 10, 2020, 06:06:02 PM »

too many pointy bits for myself, but to each their own

The idea behind this one was to make it kind of seem like it was built fro metal pipes and scrap metal - the pointy is the point  Wink

Thanks for saying so! For Tyeth did a fantastic job bringing that one to life!

I still think I'd push for Beskar Breaker Shoto the hardest - I have a lot of bias for that hilt  Roll Eyes

I still would like to see a hilt along the line of Sifo-Dyas's from the clone wars. It just calls to me.

All credit to the designer. This is not my render.

I see it as having more concave shields on the emitter and pommel. More aligned to the natural curve of the core.

Yes please!

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #8129 on: February 10, 2020, 06:10:27 PM »

Let's compromise. Covertecs come standard with an optional filler button head screw to plug the hole if you decide to remove the wheel.

Have three sabers like that now from having to move poorly placed wheels. That's what i like to avoid with actual duelers like Aeons,  Sentinels, and such at least.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff