Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Rookie Here  (Read 2142 times)
RookieDueler
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 20

« on: January 11, 2018, 05:25:59 AM »

Rookie here,

I've been interested in US for years now but finally bought one on the 31st, ending my year the right way. I was reluctant for years to make a purchase since I knew no one who would be able to help me put a saber I bought to good use. Now that I have a small group of friends that displayed interest if the first purchase was at the expense of my birthday money (they would get a chance for a free trial with them, I get sparring partners), I purchased a phantasm v2 stunt saber with colors of violet and arctic blue.

One of the reasons I bought from US and not any of the other guys was because I actually like how plain the low-end hilts look. I feel like the weapons gain more character when you can play a part in giving it the complete look if you want to add on to the hilt at all.

I hail from the area around Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I personally think one of the best Jedi I have seen, on the big screen or anywhere else, is Qui-gon Gin. I do feel like I would fit in as a Jedi, but definitely leaning towards the middle rather than purely to the side of the Jedi.

I am excited to finally be a part of this community as an owner of an Ultrasaber and look forward from learning everything I can from everyone else.

Sabers:

Phantasm V2 (Aeon V2 Saber Staff) - Arctic Blue and Violet Amethyst

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:17:49 AM »

welcome to the forums. you'll have to post pics of your saber when you get a chance (it's a secret rule)  Grin
have a look in customizations I'm sure you'll get a few ideas from those here.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 11:21:11 AM »

Welcome to the forum

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 11:53:55 AM »

Hello and welcome  Smiley

If I may suggest: peruse the other threads in the forum, especially the Saber Artistry & Combat, Costumes, and Fan Fiction sections.  Some excellent threads are there   Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 02:35:45 PM »

Welcome to the forum, if you ever want a custom made avatar, shoot me a PM!

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 03:10:32 PM »

Welcome to the forums.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »

Welcome to the forums

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 08:30:21 PM »

welcome to the forums. you'll have to post pics of your saber when you get a chance (it's a secret rule)  Grin
have a look in customizations I'm sure you'll get a few ideas from those here.

If I had a nickel for every member I've banned for not showing off their new sabers...

(Kidding, welcome!)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 01:46:04 AM »

Welcome. Don't be frightened of Master Nero, he isn't that scary. Even though he is an saber fighting instructor, it isn't something to be worried about.  Wink  But in all seriousness, we would love to see pics of your sabers. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We do ask that you first try and find the answer using the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass), but if you can't find what you need, ask away. Someone will quickly be along to help out.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Carrionlord
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

Darkside

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 02:26:59 AM »

Welcome to the forum!

“I will continue to study at your feet, Master. I will learn from your wisdom. I will discover your secrets, unlocking them one by one until everything you know—all your knowledge and all your power—is mine. And once you are no longer of use to me, I will destroy you.” - Darth Zannah to her Master, Darth Bane

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 02:48:09 PM »

Welcome. Don't be frightened of Master Nero, he isn't that scary. Even though he is an saber fighting instructor, it isn't something to be worried about.  Wink  But in all seriousness, we would love to see pics of your sabers. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We do ask that you first try and find the answer using the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass), but if you can't find what you need, ask away. Someone will quickly be along to help out.

Again, welcome.

HOW DARE YOU, I AM FEARSOME!  ALL MUST BOW BEFORE ME AND DESPAIR!!!

...still not working?  Dammit...

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 08:07:34 PM »

Welcome to the forum! I bought an Aeon v2 as my first 'sabre, so I definitely think you made a good choice with your Phantasm Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Redeye the jedi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

So I see your schwartz is as big as mine

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 03:17:39 AM »

May the swartz be with you

Saber owned dark sentinal le v4 ,with windows in upside schwartz color,fire orange,and a sentinal v4,with windows  in arctic blue ,a coupler to staff em up,, straight fire and ice
!MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!
P.s -MSIBTY

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 07:16:03 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez j'us buti wo su Akuyi, ir galez zhol buti wo su j'us noj satyi j'us duobé!
(May you be one with the Force, and may it be one with you while serving you well!)

ProDadoune
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 56

May the Force be with you!

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 07:44:55 AM »

Welcome Rookie, hope you find friends to duel with! For the time I'm dueling with my younger daughter (5yo), she loves to kill me, should I be scared? 😉

OWNED: Graflex CE (Diamond), Dark initiate LE V4 amber (stunt), Chosen One SE blazing red (Obsidian v4 sound)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: