Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3378 3379 [3380] 3381 3382 ... 3562   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Thoughts of Members (anything goes...well with in forum rules)  (Read 4898695 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #50685 on: July 17, 2019, 06:49:15 PM »

The detail on their toys is just incredible, yeah Maul is actually staring straight into your soul.
I think you meant to write "collectibles".  Wink

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50686 on: July 17, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »

The eyes actually have a shine as though they were real.

Really its the Heads that make up most of the cost.  Their artists are amazing...There are  apparently some former Hot Toys sculptors that went off on their own and do custom heads..most end up on Ebay from China.   Where I got the Schwarzenegger Conan head to put together a custom 12 inch figure....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50687 on: July 18, 2019, 11:20:50 AM »

The letter for today is G, brought to you by the number 5

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50688 on: July 18, 2019, 11:33:03 AM »

Are they products of the Children's Television Network?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50689 on: July 18, 2019, 12:26:12 PM »

I'm still pissed off that they never actually told us how to get to Sesame St. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #50690 on: July 18, 2019, 12:54:43 PM »

I'm still pissed off that they never actually told us how to get to Sesame St. Angry

It's in New York

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sesame+St,+New+York,+NY+10023/@40.7711167,-73.9850282,16.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c258f5b8befdb5:0xf206a2bed1137749!8m2!3d40.7709453!4d-73.9810879?hl=en

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/may/01/sesame-street-new-york-city-reveals-location

So how do you get to Sesame Street? New York finally reveals the location

Throughout your childhood and, let’s be honest, most of your adult life, you may have wondered – how do you get to Sesame Street? After 50 years, the answer has finally been revealed.

On Wednesday 1 May New York City will officially name the intersection of West 63rd Street and Broadway “Sesame Street” in honor of the children’s television show’s 50th anniversary this year. To mark the occasion, a public event will be held at the corner of 63rd and Broadway, adjacent to the Sesame Workshop office. Expected attendees include Big Bird, Cookie Monster and Elmo, as well as present and former cast members of the show.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z4Av5Ny9gs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z4Av5Ny9gs</a>

Sesame Workshop has planned “a yearlong celebration with a celebrity-studded special, press and social buzz, events, partner activations, and social impact” to commemorate the show’s 50th year of being on air, according to their website.

In the past, there was speculation about the true location of the street. The show is produced and shot at Kaufman Studios in Astoria, making Queens a likelihood. Other possibilities were Harlem or Alphabet City, an enclave in the East Village since both neighborhoods resembled Sesame Street in appearance and demographic makeup. However, Sesame Workshop thought it best for the iconic street to be located in the Upper West Side, close to their headquarters.

Since 1969, the children’s television show has been a pioneering force in media and education, tackling issues like racism, loss, poverty and living with a disability. Just last year, the series introduced Julia, a new character on the show who falls on the autism spectrum. A storyline in Season 15 centered around coping with the death of a loved one. Characters learned that Mr Hooper, a store owner on Sesame Street, has passed away and through this, children learned about grief and how to deal with it with the help of their friend, Big Bird.

Sesame Street is often visited by celebrity guests, and Elmo is known to make cameo appearances himself, such as in this clip with Game of Thrones characters:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ppLtHbag4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ppLtHbag4</a>

Are they products of the Children's Television Network?

No, I would never do that...

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #50691 on: July 18, 2019, 02:06:45 PM »

No, I would never do that...
You would never do what? You've lost me?  Huh

I think my joke may only work in the UK. After every episode of Sesame Street, they would say the letter and number of the day followed by "Sesame Street is a product of the Children's Television Network". But this was back in the 80s, so not sure if they still do it or ever did it in America.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50692 on: July 18, 2019, 02:20:22 PM »

You would never do what? You've lost me?  Huh

I think my joke may only work in the UK. After every episode of Sesame Street, they would say the letter and number of the day followed by "Sesame Street is a product of the Children's Television Network". But this was back in the 80s, so not sure if they still do it or ever did it in America.
I knew what you were saying. Perhaps it's generational thing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #50693 on: July 18, 2019, 02:42:04 PM »

Actually remembered to take my "at work" sketchbook to the office today. Good job brain, you havent totally failed me yet.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50694 on: July 18, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »

I knew what you were saying. Perhaps it's generational thing.

Same..its burned into my memory just as much as "Sit Ubu, Sit.  Good Dog."

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50695 on: July 19, 2019, 01:04:11 AM »

Damn it Hot Toys!........

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50696 on: July 19, 2019, 01:28:19 PM »

HORY SHET! I want that Jango Fett.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #50697 on: July 19, 2019, 01:31:07 PM »

HORY SHET! I want that Jango Fett.

Do they have a Boba though  Shocked

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50698 on: July 19, 2019, 11:37:44 AM »

Do they have a Boba though  Shocked

He's been out for a bit.....

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-boba-fett-deluxe-version-hot-toys-903352

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50699 on: July 19, 2019, 07:43:18 PM »

DAYUM! If it weren't for the abnormally large stitching on the sleeves one could easily lose track that it is only 1/6 scale.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 3378 3379 [3380] 3381 3382 ... 3562   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: