Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Saber Scandal Mystery from the past......  (Read 1351 times)
Trist0n
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 21, 2015, 02:55:46 AM »

Not really sure if this is the right place for a question like this, but here goes.....

Some backstory:
The year is 2011, and a young boy is thrilled at his Ultrasabers Purchase. The following order receipt arrives shortly by email http://imgur.com/Vj3Lq7z

Now we jump to the current year, 2015. Excited for the upcoming release of Star Wars 7, that same boy inquires about adding sound to his Ultrasaber in an email, with several pictures of the saber attached http://imgur.com/rzCMps4 . Promptly, someone relies, saying right off that this is NOT and Ultrasaber, but is a Force-FX saber in this email http://imgur.com/jnAhL02 .

Extremely confused, the Young man inspects his Saber for closely than he has in the past, and amid the pommel scratches, he realizes that they were right! When inspected closely, the Pommel is labeled "Hasbro" http://imgur.com/CCb2Ryr  This is the same saber from the order, the only one he has ever purchased.

Well, I am that young man, and am very disappointed  that I've been under the impression of owning an Ultrasaber all these years  Undecided  Cry   what the heck happened? I've never heard of a fake UltraSabers site, and the order came from here.... I'm surprised that I hadn't realized it before ( A replacement blade I bought for it from Ultrasabers never quite fit right, the blade grip is much different than the Grayflex GE pictured here, much different activation switch, cheaper quality,the saber is much dimmer than those I've seen from here, ect ect) but give me some credit, I was 13  Tongue

I guess my real question is, again, what on earth happened? Better yet, what can I do?
Thanks for reading, any help is appreciated  Grin

-Trist0n

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 03:21:33 AM by Trist0n » Logged

srams
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 375

Speak softly and carry a big saber...

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 03:15:59 AM »

They did sell the Force FX sabers with their LED upgrades in the past. They also offered to convert your Force FX sabers to their LEDs too but they quit that a few years ago. I'm sure now they have no way of doing any kind of alterations to the Force FX. Sorry

"I will always oppose the Darkness, but I will never hesitate to defend myself from the Light..."

"I looked my demons in the eye and said, do your best to destroy me. See, I've been to hell and back so many times I must admit you kind of bore me."

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 03:19:48 AM »

Hi TristOn.  Hopefully I will be able to solve your mystery.  If memory correctly recalls, around the time that you purchased this saber from Ultra Sabers they were gutting and modifying the Hasbro Force-FX sabers and also selling them on the site.  Many people wanting a SW replica saber that US did not make.  Not sure how you ended up with one as thought that they were special custom requests.

Seems like you have really enjoyed yours and now is a good time for an upgrade to a beautiful aluminum saber with bright LED and strong blade.  You won't be able to send yours back to have a sound upgrade.  Have you checked out what US has to offer ?  The new v4 Obsidian with 8 different sound fonts is great.  If you really want to upgrade yours it probably can be done by someone in your community who is experienced in electronics.  The parts may be costly as well as any mistakes.  Again, why not have a good look at what US has to offer.  You will be most pleased to have a new saber as they are wonderfully improved from 2011.   Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

Yup. I highly recommend this too. If you want something simple to start out with start with the Initiate/Apprentice to Dominix/Sentinel lines or if you have the money get something more higher end like the Bellicose or higher =] The beastly Bane is back too it seems. I recommend the regular Shock though if you want something really good looking, the silver one can go either way I think, I got mine in Blazing Red check out the Red Wraith posts =] Or any of the colors posts. And also check out the US Collection posts in the gallery, mine's in there somewhere. There will be a Guardian Blue Bellicose, Arctic Blue Overlord, Emerald Green Dark Liberator, and Blazing Red Shock saber in the set. You probably got one of their OLD Hasbro FX converted sabers then but that isn't a bad choice either. If all still works you could always sand down the bottom of the blade to fit in. Just an idea on that though. What saber did you get? Hope you can get more, newer ones =] But once you get the newer sabers you wont want to stop Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: