Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab bag with lithium ion battery setup?  (Read 1816 times)
Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -44

« on: October 31, 2016, 08:27:47 AM »

Does anybody know if this is an option maybe for an upgrade fee? I like my sabers to have this battery setup  even  though they are stunt sabers. Id love to get another saber as a beater foe fighting but dont want AAA batteries.

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

check out my lightsaber dueling group, the scions of the balance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvTovNQK2fuAfSE6J46K0rg

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 01:39:54 PM »

Nothing about the hilt can be customized, except LED color and the addition of a Covertec wheel.  Everything else in the hilt is 100% random.  I'd assume grab bags all come with the AAA setup, as it is quite a bit less expensive.  All of mine have so far.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 04:56:59 PM »

You could always email them and ask if they would do it, but at that point you would surely be negating the savings of a grab bag by making it entirely personal and could just pick something yourself from the list and get what you want.
Its a $28 option to add Li-ion setup with buckpuck (no charger). if they charge an install fee, which I would expect as grab bags are already made up and ready, then there goes the $10 savings from getting a grab bag.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »

Hi.  Stunt sabers with the LI-Ion and buckpuck are great to have but much more effective for a combination color LED.  Most of the grab bags come with a primary color... so good quality rechargeable batteries are more than adequate.

But I do understand how much fun the unknown is... at least in the moment of receiving.  Can be more costly if you add a blade as well.  Good luck with your decision and hope you get a saber that you really like or wanted to try out.  Smiley

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 09:11:56 AM »

thnaks everybody for their input. i have two sabers now but i want to retire one to be my for show blade so id like another one to be just for combat. ill shoot them an email and see whats what

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 03:50:52 PM »

I think for the slight difference in cost - I would just order exactly what you want.

That way you are guaranteed a comfortable hilt and you will get a BRAND NEW blade with it you can keep separate for your Show saber and use your older ones for combat.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 11:46:52 AM »

I dont know what i want though  Sad something for combsr with a good chone point under thr emitter. Maybe  orange

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »

What do you have already?

I'd recommend a Dark Sentinel if you don't have one of those.  It's the most comfortable hilt (I think) and ideal for everyday use.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 12:56:33 PM »

I have a friend who has two Sentinels which he has uses with a third saber in spinning demonstrations (he was trying to emulate a character in One Sword I think, one saber in each hand and a third held in his teeth). He says the Sentinels are fantastic as they have two choke points which help with controlling spin speed, depending on which choke is used.

Also if I may Lord Canterbury, I believe BladeMaster Sasha approves of the Dark Sentinel too?

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 02:53:28 PM »

Ha - nice!  Point for the great surprise of clicking on here and seeing my best friend staring back at me.  Smiley

If you're interested, here is my Dark Sentinel Review that pic came from:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31655.0

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »

Thanks for all the input guys. I ended killing with an Aeon v 3 in orange . I wanted something with the curved choke point so I opted not to get the Sentinel. It cost just enough with my other things to enter the raffle. I own a dark standard issue and the Dark war gowive which i love very much. My dwg will be my show blade for thr time being.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 08:06:30 PM »

A good choice. I got an Aeon V2 in a grab bag, no real choke points as such, just slight gripped areas. Its a beautiful, easy to hold saber in desperate need of customization Smiley

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 09:25:07 PM »

My main sparring partner loves his v2 to death as well

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: