Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Down
Author Topic: Li-Ion Battery Setup HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (Please Read Me)  (Read 330361 times)
TokiArtworks
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2012, 11:17:26 PM »

hello Guys and Gals! i need help about change my battery pack for my "Standard battle issue fire orange", i have bought the normal battery setup pack and it's 2xAAA Alkalyne (2x1,5Volt=3 V) , now i think the LED is a Cree Luxeon 3,7 Volt , i haven't a Li-Ion Battery but i think to use 3xAAA Ni-Mh (3x1,2Volt=3,6 V) to make the blade more bright, is a right way or is wrong? and if a exchange only with 1x3,7V Li-Ion without buckpuck what's happen?

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2012, 08:30:37 PM »

I think you'll need a buckpuck or a resistor setup to make it compatible. I've read that it is unwise to simply swap one type for the other without the proper setup.

The Ni-MH *should be swappable, but I'd ask someone with more experience using them to chime in here.

Oh, and you should read this thread and post first, Toki! http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=117.0

Welcome to the boards!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

remdog
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2012, 04:21:13 AM »

is it possible to get your standard set up replaced with this?

"I Created Vaapad To Answer My Weakness: It Channels My Own Darkness Into A Weapon Of The Light."

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2012, 04:27:39 AM »

is it possible to get your standard set up replaced with this?

I believe it is, but requires an email to Emory. [email protected]

Kenobi 2112
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 3

May the force be with you.

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2012, 03:07:52 AM »

do i have 2 get 1 with a charger if i am getting the new charger plug on the outside?i am just trying 2 save a little bit of money because the overlord with sound cost 360.please help.with battery should i get

Light side points please!

Lightsabers-Overlord with sound(GB Green AV switch Archon pommel)

Ricos
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -48

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2012, 03:55:12 AM »

do i have 2 get 1 with a charger if i am getting the new charger plug on the outside?i am just trying 2 save a little bit of money because the overlord with sound cost 360.please help.with battery should i get

Save money! Don't pay for the recharge port. Would be cheaper just to buy a few extra Trustfires? And alot less time replacing then waiting for your saber to recharge? Lol

Bellicose DVA...Obsidian
Overlord BR...Obsidian
Overlord BR
Dominix LE v3 CG
Dark Initiate v2 GB...son
Initiate LE v3 CG...nephew
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 AS...son

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »

Hi,

Does anyone know what effect the UK electric current would have on the recharger that come with the Li-Ion battery pack?  I know you can get converters, but would it damage the batteries etc?  As you can tell I've not got clue, so would appreciate any help.

thanks

Scram

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »

Does anyone know what effect the UK electric current would have on the recharger that come with the Li-Ion battery pack?  I know you can get converters, but would it damage the batteries etc?  As you can tell I've not got clue, so would appreciate any help.

I read from many others here that the converters make everything run as intended, and that the Li-On setups are good for those on 110 and 220V grids.

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »

I read from many others here that the converters make everything run as intended, and that the Li-On setups are good for those on 110 and 220V grids.

Ok, cheers mate - I appreciate the quick reply.  I keep changing what I have in my shopping cart on the ultrasabers site.  I've still not plucked up the courage to press the buy option just yet!!

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2012, 02:17:54 PM »

Ok, cheers mate - I appreciate the quick reply.  I keep changing what I have in my shopping cart on the ultrasabers site.  I've still not plucked up the courage to press the buy option just yet!!

You're very welcome! You won't regret it if you do. I'm 35 and the first thing I grab when my wife and kid hit the sack is my Bellicose. I've done it every night in the last month and a half that I've owned my saber, and I look forward to doing it again tonight! hehe.

When you do decide on something, sit on it for a day or two, and if the urge to click buy is still strong, it would seem that your saber has found you! Smiley

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »

You're very welcome! You won't regret it if you do. I'm 35 and the first thing I grab when my wife and kid hit the sack is my Bellicose. I've done it every night in the last month and a half that I've owned my saber, and I look forward to doing it again tonight! hehe.

When you do decide on something, sit on it for a day or two, and if the urge to click buy is still strong, it would seem that your saber has found you! Smiley

ooh - sounds like a convincing arguement to me.  Can I ask your opinion though?  I've always admired the Graflex but it's been out of my price range until this recent price drop, however if I went for it I would need to go without the Li-Ion battery pack to keep costs down.  In your opinion would it be worth it?  My other choice is the Bellicose with the battery pack which is an equivilent price or a Prophecy with the battery pack which is a bit cheaper.  I just can't decide!

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2012, 02:49:58 PM »

ooh - sounds like a convincing arguement to me.  Can I ask your opinion though?  I've always admired the Graflex but it's been out of my price range until this recent price drop, however if I went for it I would need to go without the Li-Ion battery pack to keep costs down.  In your opinion would it be worth it?  My other choice is the Bellicose with the battery pack which is an equivilent price or a Prophecy with the battery pack which is a bit cheaper.  I just can't decide!

I went with the Bellicose because I did fit my price range with the options I wanted. The Graflex is gorgeous, it is true, but I would suggest getting all of what you want rather than only some of what you want. If you're in the market for sound/flash on clash, etc., then it might be a better idea to find a hilt that you like and can load up with the goodies. I like the Graflex too though, and even the forum's resident masters agree that it's a great hilt for duelling/using as a non-display saber. I find that my budget and my wishes never agree when it comes to these sabers!

It's funny you should mention the Prophecy as that will be my next purchase from Ultrasabers. Just saving me tin for that! I hope that helps, but ask any questions you have!

Scram77
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »

I went with the Bellicose because I did fit my price range with the options I wanted. The Graflex is gorgeous, it is true, but I would suggest getting all of what you want rather than only some of what you want. If you're in the market for sound/flash on clash, etc., then it might be a better idea to find a hilt that you like and can load up with the goodies. I like the Graflex too though, and even the forum's resident masters agree that it's a great hilt for duelling/using as a non-display saber. I find that my budget and my wishes never agree when it comes to these sabers!

It's funny you should mention the Prophecy as that will be my next purchase from Ultrasabers. Just saving me tin for that! I hope that helps, but ask any questions you have!

Thanks Eerockk, your help is much appreciated.

As fowhat you said - it rings very true.  I really do want a Graflex with sound, FoC, illuminated AV switch etc etc, however my modest budget doesn't allow me to go for sound, and therefore FoC etc.  Like I said - it's a toss up between those 3, and although the Glafles is my fav, I don;t want to cheapen it by not getting the right specs. especially as a first saber.  I think I may opt for the Prophecy as a first then can see if it's worth spending more money in something like the Graflex.

Thanks

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2012, 04:23:45 PM »

I think I may opt for the Prophecy as a first then can see if it's worth spending more money in something like the Graflex.

You're very welcome, Scram! I've heard great things about the Prophecy, so I think if you go full-bore on that one, the Graflex might be something considerable for the future. I know my son's Prophecy won't be the last saber I buy here... Smiley

lexonio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »

Folks, does the BuckPuck setup improve brightness or efficient energy usage relates only to battery life?

I may look like a Sith, but the Light Side is my secret ally.

Vader's phrases made into .lsu lockup files - http://depositfiles.com/files/qnwimjfoo Unmixed and mixed with the default obsidian hum sound versions are available. PW is "ultrasabers".

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: