Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Overlord stunt  (Read 5163 times)
Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« on: November 16, 2011, 01:50:08 AM »

The Overlord is a great saber to weild. The groves at the top of the saber make for a great grip! It is longer than my Consular and Dominix V2 LE. It is very well crafted and looks quite menacing with the BR led illuminated! This is a stunt version (no sound) as I am going to use it as my primary dueling blade. Most likely I will get sound and AS FoC added next year. I did however have the quick disconnects installed. Included are several pics showing the saber and my Consular (SRD) and Dominix V2 LE (BH) for size comparison.

dark side points please

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 01:55:57 AM »

Hey, that looks like my Overlord Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy    Nice pics.  I like the lightness of the saber, not what I expected from just seeing the name "Overlord".

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 02:53:04 AM »

Very nice saber!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 02:57:40 AM »

My lord I want one of these in SY.

Point for you Vex.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Vex
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 03:05:46 AM »

I will be getting a SY MLS for it!

dark side points please

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 03:27:44 AM »

I will be getting a SY MLS for it!

Shibby!

Especially with QD since it's all MHS compatible, this saber rocks.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:24 AM »

Nice and way jealous! xp Looks good in Blazing Red.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 05:13:26 AM »

Sexy  Cool!!!

I'll Be Getting My "Precious" Soon Wink!!!

"Soon I Shall Have The Precious" Wink lmao

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »

It looks really awesome in BR.  Excellent saber Vex.

Vex
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »

Thanks all, by the way  this saber is super light, I did not get the Li-Ion/obsidian /speaker set up but im certain that those won't add much more weight to it. It ways about as much as my Aeon. My Consular is a lot heavier . Since I only have a 4 AAA pack in the hilt I have a lot of room so I will possibly make a weight pack to go in there . As is sits as a stunt saber, the balance point (with a 36" midgrade blade installed ) is about 3/4 if an inch on the blade from the emitter. Thats a bit too blade heavy for me.

dark side points please

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »

My lord I want one of these in SY.

You say that about everything. lol

@Vex: That's pretty nice man! I like the comparison shots. Somehow, the BR doesn't seem so evil next to BH. I dunno why, but it presents differently than you'd think. A nice reminder that color does not necessarily indicate Jedi or Sith in a saber. Of course, the Overlord doesn't really have anything lightside about it in the design..... man, that really gives me the feeling of something I'd cross blades against. Is it a mighty hack-n-slasher? It looks like a power weapon to me.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 07:16:01 PM »

You say that about everything. lol

@Vex: That's pretty nice man! I like the comparison shots. Somehow, the BR doesn't seem so evil next to BH. I dunno why, but it presents differently than you'd think. A nice reminder that color does not necessarily indicate Jedi or Sith in a saber. Of course, the Overlord doesn't really have anything lightside about it in the design..... man, that really gives me the feeling of something I'd cross blades against. Is it a mighty hack-n-slasher? It looks like a power weapon to me.

SO!

lol

Vex
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 04:16:31 AM »

@Manroon Im not sure about mighty as  it is very light. However this with a 36" midgrade this is an extreamly fast saber! Also very comfortable to weild single handed. Most definatly a slasher. Naturally installing a 36" heavygrade blade would make it pretty mighty,but super blade heavy.

dark side points please

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 01:10:29 PM »

@Manroon Im not sure about mighty as  it is very light. However this with a 36" midgrade this is an extreamly fast saber! Also very comfortable to weild single handed. Most definatly a slasher. Naturally installing a 36" heavygrade blade would make it pretty mighty,but super blade heavy.

Indeed, the heavy grades really make these hilts blade-heavy.  The added weight can be good, as it gives you a little better idea of where the saber is and makes it more rigid, but I don't use them all that often anymore.  Also, I tend to warn newcomers (especially those with little training) about the heavy grade blades - when used recklessly you could really hurt someone.

jccomedy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

Smells like cheap c-lone!

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 05:26:37 PM »

This comparison is very cool.  It is helpful to see different hilts side-by-side to get an idea of relative size differences.  Thanks for posting this.

Light side points please.  Smiley

*Dark SI (me), Aeon V3 (wife), Initiate LE V3 (son), SI (gift for friend)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: