Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1496466 times)
ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #3105 on: July 21, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »

I believe it would be nice if ultrasaber would make a quick release coupler for the double bladed sabers.   In dueling you could separate the double bladed, to make twin sabers.  A twist lock with a quick release button.
I'm with you 100% on this one!  I would love a twist-lock, or other such quick disconnect for saber staffs.  I remember one of the other guys employed magnets for a quick disconnect although I never purchased one, so I don't know how effective it was.  I would really like the option of switching from staff to double weilding quickly in a fight.

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #3106 on: July 21, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »

I'm with you 100% on this one!  I would love a twist-lock, or other such quick disconnect for saber staffs.  I remember one of the other guys employed magnets for a quick disconnect although I never purchased one, so I don't know how effective it was.  I would really like the option of switching from staff to double weilding quickly in a fight.

Those would have to be some really powerful magnets.  I agree a twist-lock coupler would be awesome.  They are step closer with the adjustable coupler, so maybe somewhere down the road they will be able to do this.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

« Reply #3107 on: July 21, 2014, 07:04:23 PM »

The adjustable coupler looks to me like it works exactly like the fx connector (sorry bout naming names!) Which is great for aligning your sabers exactly the way you want in your staff.  I would much prefer the quick disconnect.  The magnets were used in conjunction with matching pommels that had spines that interlocked.  It looked sturdy, but as you say, they would have to be strong magnets.  I also agree with you that at least US is open to new ideas on the connectors.  If I'm not mistaken, this idea is pretty popular with the forum guys.  I know I'd be buying a couple right away if they were available.

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #3108 on: July 21, 2014, 07:08:17 PM »

I know I'd be buying a couple right away if they were available.

Same here.  I bought an adjustable coupler as soon as I found out about them.  I would definite get at least a couple quick-release couplers if they were available, if not more.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

« Reply #3109 on: July 21, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »

Hey Molina00,
Do you use gels for your AS saber?  If so, which ones have you had the most success with?  I haven't found a good red yet.  I have a Rosco swatch book & a Lee Filters swatch book.  I haven't yet tried the Lees yet.

Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #3110 on: July 21, 2014, 08:17:31 PM »

Hey Molina00,
Do you use gels for your AS saber?  If so, which ones have you had the most success with?  I haven't found a good red yet.  I have a Rosco swatch book & a Lee Filters swatch book.  I haven't yet tried the Lees yet.

I have the Rosco book.  It is kind of hard to find a really good red, but I mainly like them for the yellows and greens.  Canary makes an awesome bright yellow and a canary and leaf green make a really nice color too, among others but those are two of my favorites.

It seems like with the reds I tried it takes multiple filters to get a good red, and by then the brightness is greatly diminished.

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

« Reply #3111 on: July 22, 2014, 07:20:34 PM »

My thanks for your response.  I've had the same results.  If I come across a particularly good red, or combination of reds I'll let you know

Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #3112 on: July 22, 2014, 11:10:55 PM »

It seems like with the reds I tried it takes multiple filters to get a good red, and by then the brightness is greatly diminished.

Anyone tried the colored blades with AS? A red tinted blade would have the same effect somewhat as a gel but is the full length instead of at the base. With a white LED it might need a gel to adjust then color somewhat but there's a good chance it would appear more red and be brighter than achieving the same color by covering the LED alone.
Hope that makes sense. I have a migraine.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #3113 on: July 22, 2014, 11:38:07 PM »

Anyone tried the colored blades with AS? A red tinted blade would have the same effect somewhat as a gel but is the full length instead of at the base. With a white LED it might need a gel to adjust then color somewhat but there's a good chance it would appear more red and be brighter than achieving the same color by covering the LED alone.

I would be interested to see how that works.  I don't have a red blade though.

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force.

« Reply #3114 on: July 22, 2014, 11:59:23 PM »

Possibly a shielded rocker switch as an option for sabers, for those who cringe when they hear their latching switch's workings.

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

[Also known as Darth Bael.]

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB
Dark Standard Issue with vertical grooves in Bane's Heart [My mate's]

LeoninJesterXII
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 40

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force.

« Reply #3115 on: July 23, 2014, 12:03:21 AM »

Now see, I feel that AS is more for those who either; A: want a white/silver blade, or; B: want a paler shade of blue/red/green.

There is no Light Side, or Dark Side of the force. There is the force. It is what its wielder decides. How a man uses a weapon does not change its nature.

[Also known as Darth Bael.]

Sabers
Aeon LE V3 in AB
Dark Standard Issue with vertical grooves in Bane's Heart [My mate's]

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #3116 on: July 23, 2014, 03:01:09 AM »

Now see, I feel that AS is more for those who either; A: want a white/silver blade, or; B: want a paler shade of blue/red/green.

It's also good as a poor man's emerald driver.  It is a nice color on it's own though.  I have a couple of custom jobs in the planning stages that will have silver LED's.

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #3117 on: July 23, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »

Since it is relevant to the current conversation and in the spirit of the thread's topic:
How about colored blades? Doesn't have to be a rainbow of options. Red, blue, and green would suffice.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #3118 on: July 23, 2014, 12:20:12 PM »

So, for the probably 100 pages or so of people wanting a curved hilt, it's finally here.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=20905.0

Not a bad looking saber, and a nice variety of colors.  Enjoy.     Grin

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

weardow7
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #3119 on: July 23, 2014, 12:51:56 PM »

I dunno about anyone else, but I'd love to see an Ultrasabers version of Mace Windu's saber...

Current Collection:
*US Dark Catalyst, BR
*US Archon v2, GB with Catalyst Pommel
*Master Replicas Mace Windu
*Master Replicas Anakin ROTS
*Hasbro Darth Vader removable blade

Wishlist:
*Guardian, GB
*Bellicose, CG
*Graflex, AB

Currently working on two custom sabers.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 583   Go Up