Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: wall mounted display stands  (Read 2329 times)
jcm007
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 09, 2012, 07:34:08 PM »

I am planning on making a wooden wall mount display rack just for my hilts.  Not hilt + beam.  What I am wondering since I plan to do this in wood and have mutiple hilts on one rack what is the general length of the hilts? Sure I know there will all ways be exceptions but I wonder if there is an average length

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »

Hilts can vary from about 10-14 inches. Roughly. Pommels and attachments can change a sabers length instantly. 

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

jcm007
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »

So then it looks like I should be looking at the body only not the pommel or emitter.  Let them overhang? any ideas on that measurement?

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 07:41:33 PM »

Well here is a few pics of the one I made to give you a basic idea.

I have it spaced at 33 inches between the white clips that hold the sabers in place and the base where the pommels rest.

Hope this helps you out.

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

jcm007
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »

That does.  I would have to think about where I would put a rack like that as much as I like it my house is "English Tudour" style and I'm not certain that a rack of your style as lice as it is would fit with the decour.  I was thinking something along a "gun rack" idea initally so clearly I have some thinking to do.  Thanks for the suggestion

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 07:48:26 PM »

Great pics Big Andy! How did you make that stand anyways? A tutorial of that would be great.  Cool

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 07:48:42 PM »

I am planning on making a wooden wall mount display rack just for my hilts.  Not hilt + beam.  What I am wondering since I plan to do this in wood and have mutiple hilts on one rack what is the general length of the hilts? Sure I know there will all ways be exceptions but I wonder if there is an average length

I have a rack for hilts only myself. I'll try and post the measurements I used either tonight or tomorrow for you. I have everything from a Prophecy V2 to a Phantasm V2 on it, so pretty much the full range of lengths, and I've never had an issue with anything falling off or overbalancing. I've even actually put one or two up there with blades before for kicks and it held up fine. Smiley

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

jcm007
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 09:07:44 PM »

Cool I look forward to it Grin Grin Grin

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 04:45:21 AM »

Great pics Big Andy! How did you make that stand anyways? A tutorial of that would be great.  Cool

Thanks and I made it with a 2 by 4 a buzz saw, and with pool Que clips from billiards.com. I would make a tutorial but as I already made it and am not planning on making another one I won't be much help there. I did make using what can be learned in a basic high school shop class. 

Here is a link to the site.
http://www.billiards.com/pool-cue-accessories/white-nylon-cue-clips

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: