Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I need a repair  (Read 1684 times)
Cambo5150
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 46

Light side through and through

« on: May 04, 2020, 03:43:50 PM »

Hello, how do I go about getting a repair done. I have a stunt saber with a broken battery housing. It’s out of warranty. I bout it is few years ago.

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

Gray Jedi (Dark/Light points accepted equally)

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 04:06:13 PM »

Well depending on how badly it is broken, I'm sure many people here can give you information on how to fix it yourself, but if you would rather someone else do it I know there are a few people, myself included who'd have the ability to do the repair.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Yes I know having Abeloth as my avatar makes the whole Gray Jedi thing weird

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 04:07:06 PM »

If it's the AAA battery housing and it's full on broken, the easiest fix would be to rewire a new one in.

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 04:23:41 PM »

US will do the repair/replace, even though it's out of warranty, you'll just have to pay for it. Contact them at [email protected] with exactly what it broken, preferably with pictures, and they'll give you instructions for sending the saber back, and probably an estimate on the cost.

Alternatively, depending on what's broken, you can fix/replace it yourself. We'd need to see pictures to be able to advise further as to which would be better/easier.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Cambo5150
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 46

Light side through and through

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 04:33:27 PM »

Well depending on how badly it is broken, I'm sure many people here can give you information on how to fix it yourself, but if you would rather someone else do it I know there are a few people, myself included who'd have the ability to do the repair.

It's a AAA housing. I suppose I could tackle it myself. Just have to find a new one online I guess.

GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 83

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 07:10:30 PM »

you can get the replacement housing for 2$ or less. it is 2 wire to connect and you are complete. Its a simple job sir. Then once done look me up for a chassis Smiley

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 07:12:50 PM »

It's a AAA housing. I suppose I could tackle it myself. Just have to find a new one online I guess.
US sells them, as does The Custom Saber Shop.  And there are no doubt many other online sources for the same thing.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 08:11:03 PM »

If you find out, please post here... my dominicide died within a month of receipt and while US responded the first week with "try this" and "try that", they haven't responded to me for a month now.  I send a "hello, help?" once a week but it's been radio silence from them. Sad   I'm hesitant to send anything without an RMA, so I have a dead dom sitting on my desk.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Arcinsaw
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 04:21:48 PM »

If you find out, please post here... my dominicide died within a month of receipt and while US responded the first week with "try this" and "try that", they haven't responded to me for a month now.  I send a "hello, help?" once a week but it's been radio silence from them. Sad   I'm hesitant to send anything without an RMA, so I have a dead dom sitting on my desk.
What happened to your Dominicide?

This is the way.

Arcinsaw#5734 on Discord

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »

What happened to your Dominicide?

I was changing sound fonts (not my first time, I had done this a lot since receiving the two diamond sabers) but it must not have liked the imperial march snippet because it shutdown while uploading.  Batteries were full, recharge port was plugged in, USB cable is [relatively] new... but it's dead as a doorknob.  They told me not to try it with the other diamond board (the DALEv5) as it might be the font I was mucking with; asked me to try some things, but haven't responded back after I let them know those tried things didn't work.  

I'm trying really hard to be patient with them, but it's a $600 saber, and it lasted a month.

I did finally get one of those canned responses back this last time... so hopefully my email's back on some reading queue and not ignored/lost.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: