Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Launcher on a tablet/ipad  (Read 1926 times)
DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

The Force Will Be With You…..Always

« on: November 09, 2013, 05:24:36 PM »

Hi folks so yeah based on what the title says has anyone ever used the obsidian launcher on an iPad or tablet ? samsung or whatever brand ?

A Lightsaber Is Apart Of You Are Without It Your Incomplete

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 07:46:22 PM »

Nope, it's only for Windows at the moment.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 09:58:49 PM »

what if it runs windows cause i believe you can run windows on tablets etc...

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

WookieeGunner
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 11:42:48 PM »

There are some tablets that run Windows.  There is two versions of Windows 8, Windows 8 and Windows RT.  You should be able to run any Windows program on Windows 8 but not on Windows RT unless it is an app which I doubt.

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 11:45:30 PM »

There are some tablets that run Windows.  There is two versions of Windows 8, Windows 8 and Windows RT.  You should be able to run any Windows program on Windows 8 but not on Windows RT unless it is an app which I doubt.

i thought so all i gotta do then is get my tablet to run windows 8 i wanted to know because when my emerald saber arrives ill be able to change the colour and sound anywhere with my tablet when sparring with my friends Smiley

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

WookieeGunner
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 06:43:46 AM »

If you aren't currently running Windows on your tablet,  the tablet most likely won't run it at all.

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 12:18:15 PM »

If you aren't currently running Windows on your tablet,  the tablet most likely won't run it at all.

I'm in need of a new one seeing as my IPad is dead  . Got any recommendations ?

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

Vyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 10:59:34 PM »

For a true tablet, I've liked the Surface Pros I've worked with.  (Don't confuse this with the Surface RT or Surface 2, which won't do what you want.)  Personally, I like convertible tablets better, in which case the ThinkPad X-series tablets (current version is the X230t) are a good choice.  There are undoubtedly cheaper Windows 8 tablets, but I haven't used one; these are the ones that I've had experience with and consider reliable.

Note that neither of these are cheap.  Most tablets run a stripped-down OS with an energy-efficient ARM processor; the tablets I mentioned above are a full version of Windows 8 with Core i5s.  They're bigger, heavier, hotter, and more expensive than an iPad (or Surface RT etc).  The Surface Pro (original or Surface Pro 2) is about the size and weight of two iPads stacked on top of each other, and the x230t is two stacks of two.  If you cringe at the idea of paying $1000 for a tablet and then getting it broken two weeks later while sparring, this plan isn't a good one for you.

Personally, I wouldn't bother even if I had the money.  Changing colors almost on the fly would be pretty sweet, but for the kind of price premium involved, I think I'd just buy a new iPad and a second saber--one with RGB if you really want on-the-fly color changes.

Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Dominix LE v4 Emerald RGBW, Obsidian v4
Manticore HP, Obsidian v4
Aeon LE v3 SY, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v3 3AS, Obsidian Lite
Dominix LE v2 RGB, stunt
Aeon LE v2 AS, Hasbro sound
Initiate LE v2 GB, stunt
Dark Liberator v2 BR, stunt
[censored] RGBA, [redacted] sound
Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, and Yoda Force FX Black Series
...and a bunch of cheap stuff.

DarkJediKnight
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 08:38:09 PM »

For a true tablet, I've liked the Surface Pros I've worked with.  (Don't confuse this with the Surface RT or Surface 2, which won't do what you want.)  Personally, I like convertible tablets better, in which case the ThinkPad X-series tablets (current version is the X230t) are a good choice.  There are undoubtedly cheaper Windows 8 tablets, but I haven't used one; these are the ones that I've had experience with and consider reliable.

Note that neither of these are cheap.  Most tablets run a stripped-down OS with an energy-efficient ARM processor; the tablets I mentioned above are a full version of Windows 8 with Core i5s.  They're bigger, heavier, hotter, and more expensive than an iPad (or Surface RT etc).  The Surface Pro (original or Surface Pro 2) is about the size and weight of two iPads stacked on top of each other, and the x230t is two stacks of two.  If you cringe at the idea of paying $1000 for a tablet and then getting it broken two weeks later while sparring, this plan isn't a good one for you.

Personally, I wouldn't bother even if I had the money.  Changing colors almost on the fly would be pretty sweet, but for the kind of price premium involved, I think I'd just buy a new iPad and a second saber--one with RGB if you really want on-the-fly color changes.

yeah I've scrapped the tablet idea I've got a netbook somewhere so i'll just install the launcher and use that instead Smiley

Graflex SE - AB
Prophecy - SY - GB
Dark Prophecy - BR
Archon 2.1 - EG
Reaper - AS

LSP please Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: