Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 624   Go Down
Author Topic: Posting Game 2: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 1282224 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5265 on: November 27, 2018, 12:48:38 AM »

Never said you were an apprentice. Just that you took Calon's place, and he hasn't been around since. It wasn't much longer than that though.
Yeah, you did. “He realized that LAK was stealing his position” His position was apprentice therefore if I stole his position I’d be Logos’ apprentice. I’m his partner in crime not his underling.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5266 on: November 27, 2018, 01:19:39 AM »

Yeah, you did. “He realized that LAK was stealing his position” His position was apprentice therefore if I stole his position I’d be Logos’ apprentice. I’m his partner in crime not his underling.

"his position" was at Logos' side, therefore you stole his position. I never said anything about you being his apprentice.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5267 on: November 27, 2018, 02:23:29 AM »

I still just can't wait for Posting Game 3: Boogaloo Electricity.

Posting Game 3: Boogaloo Electric War

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5268 on: November 26, 2018, 07:38:55 PM »

Posting Game 3: Boogaloo Electric War

No, no, no. That doesn't even rhyme!
TWO,
Electric BoogaLOO

THREE
Boogaloo ElecricITY

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5269 on: November 27, 2018, 02:54:22 AM »

TWO,
Electric BoogaLOO

THREE
Boogaloo ElecricITY

What was the first one named?

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5270 on: November 26, 2018, 08:15:47 PM »

What was the first one named?

Posting Game. Created by Darth Knox.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5271 on: November 27, 2018, 05:47:59 AM »

TWO,
Electric BoogaLOO

THREE
Boogaloo ElecricITY

And to think I never realized that is what the "Electric Boogaloo" was for. Cheesy I always thought it was just something random that Kham decided to put in it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5272 on: November 26, 2018, 11:29:48 PM »

And to think I never realized that is what the "Electric Boogaloo" was for. Cheesy I always thought it was just something random that Kham decided to put in it.

*Sigh* I guess I'm the only one in this game that get's the tittle reference. I feel like I should win by default.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #5273 on: November 27, 2018, 06:43:53 AM »

Lots to answer to, sorry for what I expect to be a long post  Wink

That's a great gift!

I don't think that he'll be alive if he forgot to

Point for that  Wink

Pssh. Please. I know the way to the Lady's heart.

You two truely know each other well  Cheesy Point to each of you for thoughtfulness  Wink

No. Now we're being too cute.

Looking good there  Cheesy

So Siths do smile

I thought the same thing. I mean I know Sith DO smile but on that picture it didn't look like a threatening smile which was a bit weird  Grin

Does this power have anything to do with Huey Lewis and or the News?

I often listen to Huey Lewis's "Power of Love" in the morning to start my day in a good mood. Point!

At least I have a story as to why the Posting Game is titled 2 now.

I've asked myself more than once why it was titled 2. I figured there must be a 1 but I didn't try to know why it wasn't active anymore.

Undeniable logic here. I understood it as meaning LAK was now apprentice and I thought "Teagin is going to suffer for that...."

Me too. At least I learned something today.

*Sigh* I guess I'm the only one in this game that get's the tittle reference. I feel like I should win by default.

It's possible you're one of the few who would get that reference. Sorry.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5274 on: November 26, 2018, 11:57:38 PM »

It's possible you're one of the few who would get that reference. Sorry.

Possible? I'm the only one here that gets it period and that's a fact. I've asked everyone else here multiple times if they get the reference to the title of this game.
Why are you sorry though? I'm 3 years older than anyone else that's usually here and I grew up breakdancing. The movie was released Nationally but it was the first West Coast Breakdancing movie. so if you lived outside of California it wouldn't have been nearly as big of a deal to you in 1984.

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #5275 on: November 27, 2018, 11:51:06 AM »

Possible? I'm the only one here that gets it period and that's a fact. I've asked everyone else here multiple times if they get the reference to the title of this game.
Why are you sorry though? I'm 3 years older than anyone else that's usually here and I grew up breakdancing. The movie was released Nationally but it was the first West Coast Breakdancing movie. so if you lived outside of California it wouldn't have been nearly as big of a deal to you in 1984.

To me 1984 is only two things. A time when I wasn't born yet (4 years prior to my birth) and a very good book by George Orwell. At least I don't feel bad about not knowing that reference since I never lived in the United States so I suppose I wasn't in the right spot in both time and space to get it  Wink

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #5276 on: November 27, 2018, 06:10:32 AM »

To me 1984 is only two things. A time when I wasn't born yet (4 years prior to my birth) and a very good book by George Orwell. At least I don't feel bad about not knowing that reference since I never lived in the United States so I suppose I wasn't in the right spot in both time and space to get it  Wink

Yeah. You would have to have not only been born, but have been living in the US, on the West Coast in particular to have seen Breakin' 2:Electric Boogaloo.

Fun fact 1: the guy that played "Turbo" was known in real life as a B-boy named "Boogaloo Shrimp". Do I expect anyone to get any of this?
Nope.

Fun fact 2: We'll funk you up until you boogie down. Wink

You're not supposed to feel bad about not getting the reference. The movie was so bad that saying "part 2: Electric Boogaloo" after anything became a way to say it was just more of the same crap. Kinda like this game!
For example:
"Did you hear they're making a sequel to the Adam Sandler movie Pixels?"
"Oh, really? What is it called, Pixels 2: Electric Boogaloo?"

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #5277 on: November 27, 2018, 01:38:05 PM »

Thank you for allowing me to understand your culture a little more. Point!

Sabers Owned

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5278 on: November 27, 2018, 02:05:43 PM »

Darth Calon used to be Logos' apprentice, but about a month after LAK appeared, Calon disappeared. Not entirely sure what happened to him. Maybe he got too absorbed in SW:GoH, or maybe (more likely) he realized that LAK was stealing his position, so he went into stealth mode and is going to reappear sometime more powerful than LAK or Logos can possible imagine and take his rightful place as Sith Legend.
Read closer. There is a huge difference between Apprentice and Partner in crime.

Notice how this is the Posting Game 2, well, the first one was closed because Calon and I clashed (I think that is the official explanation).
The OG was shut down because the posts were skirting the edge of RULES too much.

"his position" was at Logos' side, therefore you stole his position. I never said anything about you being his apprentice.
He never left my side. Funny thing about sides: there are always at least 2.

TWO,
Electric BoogaLOO

THREE
Boogaloo ElecricITY
How about we're not gonna need a 3 because we're not going to do something stupid and get this one shut down, dammit. Plus, do you honestly think the mods will allow a third game to start after the first 2 were shut down? I'm still miffed that Dating/Romance got shut down cuz some whiny butt-hurt douche was offended that I offered up ideas that actually made people think.

<sigh> I had come across it before, but almost instantly repressed the information.

Undeniable logic here. I understood it as meaning LAK was now apprentice and I thought "Teagin is going to suffer for that...."
Want some popcorn while we watch?

To me 1984 is only two things. A time when I wasn't born yet (4 years prior to my birth) and a very good book by George Orwell. At least I don't feel bad about not knowing that reference since I never lived in the United States so I suppose I wasn't in the right spot in both time and space to get it  Wink
1984 was quite possibly the best year in the last 20 of the 20th. So much awesome, it defies the counting. NTM one of, if not THE greatest Van Halen album ever released.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #5279 on: November 27, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »

Want some popcorn while we watch?

[shocked] Seriously?
Well, if you are kind enough to offer it would be rude to refuse. Thank you  Cheesy

1984 was quite possibly the best year in the last 20 of the 20th. So much awesome, it defies the counting. NTM one of, if not THE greatest Van Halen album ever released.

Since the 20th finished when I was twelve, I didn't get to experience the last 20 years of that century enough to judge but I'll take your word for it. I do know the 80s offered a lot of good things though: a lot of great movies, video games, songs, etc. I simply discovered them later.

Sabers Owned

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 624   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: