Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Call of the Wild" trailer with Harrison Ford  (Read 1966 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« on: November 20, 2019, 04:00:08 PM »

Hi everybody,

Just saw this trailer in my Recommended Viewing in-tray on YouTube, not exactly saber related and not sure I'd watch it but it made think this....

"Aren't you a little short to be a Malamute?"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8R2zAhEwg&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P8R2zAhEwg&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:10:23 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »

One of my favorite books growing up... that and "White Fang."

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 11:18:39 PM »

One of my favorite books growing up... that and "White Fang."

I have read "White Fang" too but that was many years ago (more than 30 now I think) I'm gonna have to check out my local library and try to get hold of it. I seem to recall a scene where Fang tries to board a moving train but I could be wrong.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »

Assuming Harrison Ford is playing John Thornton, I think that he'll do the character justice just from what I'm seeing and it's Indiana Jones and Han Solo we're talking about here. It's going to be a cinematic beauty from all the landscapes and I can see in the trailer. I am typically hesitant when a video game turns in to a movie, a video game that I really like at that but I'm going to give this one a chance.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 12:58:42 AM »

Assuming Harrison Ford is playing John Thornton, I think that he'll do the character justice just from what I'm seeing and it's Indiana Jones and Han Solo we're talking about here. It's going to be a cinematic beauty from all the landscapes and I can see in the trailer. I am typically hesitant when a video game turns in to a movie, a video game that I really like at that but I'm going to give this one a chance.

Call of the Wile isn't video game that I'm aware of. It is a book written by Jack London, and is considered to be a literary masterpiece and a must-read.

I'm kind of excited for this. The dog doesn't look like what I pictured, but it has been a while since I read the book, so I should probably go back and do a reread.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 01:04:31 AM »

Call of the Wile isn't video game that I'm aware of. It is a book written by Jack London, and is considered to be a literary masterpiece and a must-read.

I'm kind of excited for this. The dog doesn't look like what I pictured, but it has been a while since I read the book, so I should probably go back and do a reread.
Apparently, :Hunter: Call of the Wild" is an edition of the "Hunter" video game.  Who knew? 

Yeah, this movie is based on the novel, and there is no known (to me) connection to the video game.  But then, since I learned of the video game about 120 seconds ago, who really knows?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 04:05:58 PM »

This looks like it will be a good movie. And with Harrison Ford in the lead it will be.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/sd and silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebie)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (freebie)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd and

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 04:13:16 PM »

Hi MavRick,

I did say I might not watch this but from folks' comments I may give it a try. I think I was just initially put off by the CGI dog, it and a few bits of the scenery did seem not to "blend in" too well.

If the story is good I could ignore the obvious seams in the editing. Actually the first I heard of this film was this YT trailer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: