Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raven with D-Ring  (Read 1543 times)
Joraan Daggoth
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 24

« on: February 10, 2018, 03:24:55 PM »

I attached a d-ring to my Raven with a hose clamp. I think it looks pretty awesome. What do you guys think?

To me, The Force is real! Not as something that can be used as a power, no, but something that is all around us. It is the wind you feel on your skin, the color of the leaves on a tree, and the very air you breathe. Too often, we forget to stop what we are doing and just enjoy what it has given us. Look around you, young one.

The Force has given you Life!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 04:18:39 PM »

I like D rings myself, far more than Covertech Wheels.  I think this is a great start, but for me, I have WAY too much experience with how easily hose clamps will shred your skin...  Be careful with that.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Joraan Daggoth
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 04:21:44 PM »

I like D rings myself, far more than Covertech Wheels.  I think this is a great start, but for me, I have WAY too much experience with how easily hose clamps will shred your skin...  Be careful with that.

Thanks for the advice!

To me, The Force is real! Not as something that can be used as a power, no, but something that is all around us. It is the wind you feel on your skin, the color of the leaves on a tree, and the very air you breathe. Too often, we forget to stop what we are doing and just enjoy what it has given us. Look around you, young one.

The Force has given you Life!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 04:50:52 PM »

Thanks for the advice!

No problem, the edges of those clamps are deceptively sharp.  My suggestion, when you get a chance, is drill and tap a hole to mount that D ring.  Or do some kind of wrap (leather comes to mind) over the hose clamp.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »

You could also try drilling directly through the covertech wheel, and attaching the ring to that - if there was one...

+1 for Raven. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 05:20:33 PM »

You could also try drilling directly through the covertech wheel, and attaching the ring to that - if there was one...

+1 for Raven. Smiley

If there was a covertech, you could just use the hole from it, that's what I did on my Dominix.  You'd want to get a button head screw, 8-32 size, 1/4 inch is a good length for that.  If  you can't find one locally, they sell them at TCSS.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »

Oh right - the D-rings with the tabs...

I was thinking of just a ring...lol

Good thought Illyiss. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »

Looks good but I agree with Illyiss, be careful with that thing. It looks deadly just in the picture LOL.

If you decide you want to tap and drill TCSS has everything you need from the tools, to a Star Wars looking D-Ring, to the screws.

But great idea, I also like D-Rings much better then covertec wheels.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 05:51:06 PM »

Oh right - the D-rings with the tabs...

I was thinking of just a ring...lol

Good thought Illyiss. Smiley

Yeah, if you look at his pic, it appears to be the type with tabs.  As well, the concern drilling a hole through the covertech is the bolt that attaches the wheel runs right through there.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »

Well, I pictured taking it off first, but yeah - much easier to just do that. Tongue

I couldn't see the pic that detailed.  These old eyes...lol

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 06:23:17 PM »

Well, I pictured taking it off first, but yeah - much easier to just do that. Tongue

I couldn't see the pic that detailed.  These old eyes...lol

To be fair, I'm on the computer, and it's amazing how well you can zoom in on a larger monitor LOL

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: