Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First review of my sabers.  (Read 2370 times)
Raidakage
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« on: June 21, 2012, 05:47:05 PM »

So I figured since I got my sabers on Monday and had a few days to play around with them I would write a review. (My writing skills are very poor mind you, the one thing they are actually making me work on in college.)

First up is my RGB Bane:
The hilt itself is just amazing even though I do find it quite long for my normal taste in wielding weapons. 10/10
The RGB system itself is wonderful on this saber as is the green AV light. 10/10
How can you go wrong with Obsidian? 10/10

Next up is my GB Prophecy:
Normally I am not too fond of pure silver hilts but this one is just so stylish. 10/10
Guardian Blue and the blue AV switch meld together perfectly with the style of the Prophecy. 10/10
Letting Obi-Wan tell me "May the force be with you, always." on power down just makes me giddy. 10/10
I chose the Catalyst pommel because I feel it gives it a sleeker look.

Last but not least BR Dark Prophecy:
As I find the Prophecy stylish I find the Dark Prophecy to hold a sense of power. 10/10
Blazing Red and a red AV switch just make it look so menacing. 10/10
I have yet to actually find the sound font combinations I would like for it, but that does not take away from the awesomeness of the Obsidian soundboard. 10/10
As with the Prophecy I chose a Dark Catalyst pommel.

I will upload pictures when my cameras new charger gets here some time next week. Until then any constructive criticism on how to improve my review quality will be thoroughly appreciated.

Edit: Forgot about the pommel choices that I made for Prophecy/Dark Prophecy.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:15:25 PM by Raidakage » Logged

Obsidian Sabers:
RGB Bane
GB Prophecy v3 - Taizen
BR Dark Prophecy v3 - Yasei
VA Overlord w/ AB FoC - Songen

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 05:55:37 PM »

Wow, you got some really nice choices there.  I have to admit, I like that power down font myself.  Glad to see that some more people are joining the Blue Army.  Can't wait to see the images.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 12:24:34 AM »

Dark Prophecy custom sound: Sith power on, off, hum, Starkiller motion, impact, and Blackstar lock-up. Hope that helps. Make a video of the custom sounds if you an. Do kind of a self duel to show them all off. Cheesy

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Canadianknight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:19:09 AM »

Sounds like an awesome lineup!  Can't wait to see pics.

Especially the BR Dark Prophecy.   Sounds menacing as hell.

Congrats!

Raidakage
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:45:14 AM »

Here are the pictures. Please ignore the disheveled bedspread  Grin

Obsidian Sabers:
RGB Bane
GB Prophecy v3 - Taizen

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 02:21:36 AM »

That Bane looks like a Hoss.  How long is that thing?  Thanks for the pictures.  Helps make my night at work go so much faster.  Also, what is a bed spread? 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Raidakage
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 02:52:46 AM »

That Bane looks like a Hoss.  How long is that thing?  Thanks for the pictures.  Helps make my night at work go so much faster.  Also, what is a bed spread? 

Bed spread is the sheet on my bed  Tongue had no where else to take pictures currently. The Bane hilt alone is about 15 inches long with a 36 inch blade. The hilt is very well balanced though and I one hand it quite often.

Obsidian Sabers:
RGB Bane
GB Prophecy v3 - Taizen

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 06:14:41 AM »

Nice collection.  I love how you went with two opposing hilts - the Dark Prophecy in BR and the Prophecy in GB.  Those plus an RGB Bane definitely give you a good variety!

I agree about the pommels, they fit the Prophecy series nicely.  I use one on my Initiate V3 from time to time as well.

Raidakage
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:27 AM »

Nice collection.  I love how you went with two opposing hilts - the Dark Prophecy in BR and the Prophecy in GB.  Those plus an RGB Bane definitely give you a good variety!

I agree about the pommels, they fit the Prophecy series nicely.  I use one on my Initiate V3 from time to time as well.

Yeah I love the opposing hilts as well, and I just ordered a nickel plated VA Overlord.

Obsidian Sabers:
RGB Bane
GB Prophecy v3 - Taizen

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »

Awesome sabers, I really dig the way the Catalyst pommel fits with the Prophecy.

Point for sure.

Also, IDk what it is but I REALLY like that green AV switch on the Bane.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Raidakage
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 10:01:46 PM »

Just got my shipping notice for the Overlord I ordered last night. Will have a review and pics for that hopefully on Friday.

Obsidian Sabers:
RGB Bane
GB Prophecy v3 - Taizen

Skywalker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Do Not Underestimate The Power of the Dark Side

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 11:14:17 AM »

I see you chose a different pommel for the Prophecy model, although does anyone know what the sound quality is like with the standard pommel that has no holes? i dont particulary like the cheapest vented option which is just a full gaping hole.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 12:00:55 PM »

I see you chose a different pommel for the Prophecy model, although does anyone know what the sound quality is like with the standard pommel that has no holes? i dont particulary like the cheapest vented option which is just a full gaping hole.

If the pommel has no holes, no sound comes out through it.

no

Skywalker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Do Not Underestimate The Power of the Dark Side

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 12:47:00 PM »

Thats a pretty generic answer, It depends on the frequency of the sound from the speaker and the size of the hilt. Their may be muffled sound, their may be no sound or their may be a nice sound.
Many factors influence it.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 01:14:12 PM »

Thats a pretty generic answer, It depends on the frequency of the sound from the speaker and the size of the hilt. Their may be muffled sound, their may be no sound or their may be a nice sound.
Many factors influence it.

Try it for yourself, post your results. The only time I've heard of someone using a solid pommel in a saber with sound was when they wanted to mostly mute their saber (I say mostly because sound can escape through other parts of the saber, but barely).

no

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: