Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: What saber is the "best" for you!  (Read 1833 times)
SharkBait
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

Light side points and chum please! XD

« on: January 17, 2016, 02:09:45 AM »

Hello once again my fellow saber lovers. My name is David and I am in serious need of your help. I wont say my age but I will say that I am between 15 and 18, that is to say I am still in the school phase of my life and sadly do not make any real income. Luckily this christmas was great and I received a great deal of money. With the new movie that just came out, all my past love for StarWars resurfaced and I found that the thing I have wanted the most is a saber.

I cant express enough how cool they are. Although I love everything about them, I am very conscious about money and I really like to make good use of it. I barely ever buy any things for self enjoyment; mostly trying to save up for important things like buying a car or college. But I am dead set on buying a lightsaber. I have spent hours looking at the wide variety that is offered by UltraSabers and find that there is definitely a perfect saber to meet my needs.

For now I will stick to buying a stunt saber with no sound or emerald drive, mainly because of price and I also do not find them too necessary to my first buy. I have narrowed down my choices to the Prophecy v3, Reaper, and Shock. My favorite color is blue so I will most likely choose a blue led and possibly a green if any of you suggest they look better in green. I will not be dueling at all, so I will buy an ultraedge and tri cree led aiming for max brightness. If anyone has any opinions on wether tri cree or the ultraedge affect the light level enough please speak up Grin. That is like whether the tri cree is worth the price over the standard led or also if the blade type has much effect (and which would be the best). I am trying to keep the price under 180$ so if it will be great if I can manage that. One last thing, when looking to buy any of the sabers, they all say that they are out of stock; is that permanent or do I have to order one before they are made? How does it work because I am not able to add anything to my cart.

Which do you think is the best ?
  • Prophecy v3
  • Reaper
  • Shock
In the end , I appreciate any type of help and look forward to my first purchase with UltraSabers

Sharks + Star wars + Classic Rock= Me

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 02:47:35 AM »

I've read in several threads that the Tri Cree colors are just slightly brighter than the other colors, but they're a more 'fuller' color. So getting the Tri color with an Ultra Edge will get you the 'brightest' and 'fullest' colors that are on the cool side. For example, the UE isn't so great for the warmer colors. That said, I'd say go for the prophecy in guardian blue with an ultra edge blade. It's not only the cheaper of the three hilts, but in my opinion it's the sleekest! Now as for keeping the price under 180 for those three choices, it seems you're gonna have to stick with the stunt sabers, so no sound. And as for the out of stock status the majority of the blades have, those are only temporary. So when you can, order as fast as you can and it'll ship when it's back in stock and fabricated.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:00:29 AM by DarthScrub » Logged

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

SharkBait
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 02:54:41 AM »

Thanks so much , I was also thinking of the prophecy , it is become my favorite of the 3 options. And i completely agree with you on the tri cree blue with ultraedge, but for the prophecy hilt I was wondering of a mix with the manticore high pommel. Its a .25 difference in width so pretty much a .1125 difference on diameter. Another option is the shock pommel which is also very cool. What are your opinions? I just do not want it to look out of place but was wanting to add a little more to the prophecy seeing as how it is a bit plain. Oh and DS points given Smiley
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:02:31 AM by SharkBait » Logged

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 03:00:46 AM »

I went ahead and built a saber so you can get a feel of how much you're paying for the specs. This price doesn't include shipping,and bear in mind it's a stunt saber, so there will be no sound

PROPHECY V3
Switch Color Notification: Acknowledged
Choose the color of your blade: TRI Guardian Blue [Add $10.00]
Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & VP1 Charger Included) [Add $45.00]
Recharge Port: No Recharge Port
Blade Length: 36" Standard Size
Blade Option: UltraEdge Midgrade
Pommel: Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]
Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip
Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure! [Add $1.00]
Include Blade Plug: Yes, Include Standard Plug [Add $6.00]
Include Saber Stand: No Thanks
Include Covertec Clip: Yes! [Add $10.00]

Price: $171.99

SharkBait
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 03:14:29 AM »

Before I say anything again, I have to tell you that you are really great , honestly such fast help and your giving me such useful advice. One thing was that I made a similar set up and got 142$ The difference was that I did not get the covertech clip, I didnot get the batteries or charger (went with standard setup), and got the shock pommel instead. Do you think that the charger and battery setup is worth it? If I go with the standard setup how long do you think the batteries might last? And is the covertech clip worth it? I dont think i see myself clipping it to my belt a lot and for 10$ it seems overpriced.

123outerme
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

I prefer Light Side points. Not that I'll get any

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 03:24:12 AM »

The Li-Ion setup is, in my eyes, so worth it. The VP1 Charger can potentially save you money by being a smarter charger, reviving cells, and can save you time with adjustable charging rate. But the batteries themselves last longer and can be recharged. You don't need to go out and buy 4 NiMH batteries and a charger, but have it come with your order as well. Just my 2 cents, but it's one of two main reasons I made the choice to move from the Obsidian Lite to the V3 (the other being its customizability).
So for 45$ you get:
* Longer life per charge
* An amazing charger
* A better experiecne (the saber will cut out when its dead, instead of dimming as charge gets lower)
* Reusability and convenience
Ultimately, up to you. But I think the pros are worth the 45$ price tag.

-If I'm not me, who's anybody?
Saber: Aeon V4 w/ Obsidian V3 - Guardian Blue

SharkBait
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 03:40:41 AM »

So the light stays the same until it completely goes out? If so then thats really convenient. Also im thinking that the charger is worth it more than getting the 25$ pommel, although I still like the shock pommel... Is the pommel worth over the charger? I honestly do not want to buy both because it seems a bit over priced. And LS points given Smiley

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 03:42:00 AM »

Out of the two, honestly I'd go with the charger and battery set up. It's 20 bucks more, but ultimately you save money taking into account the money you'd spend replacing the battery

SharkBait
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 03:57:23 AM »

True, I think I am going to go with the following set up

TRI Guardian Blue [Add $10.00]
Battery Configuration Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & VP1 Charger Included) [Add $45.00]
Recharge Port :No Recharge Port
Blade Length 36" Standard Size
Blade Option UltraEdge Midgrade
Pommel :Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]
Choose Blade Tip: Type Round Tip
Blade Retention Screw Wrench Sure! [Add $1.00]
Include Blade Plug Yes, Include Standard Plug [Add $6.00]
Include Saber Stand No Thanks
Include Covertec Clip No Thanks

overall its 162$

also isnt that about 16$ in points? can i use that to buy anything under 16$?

Roband
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -38

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 04:22:25 AM »

That sounds like a fantastic setup!

Unfortunately the points won't be available until you complete the order but you'll soon find out that once you get your first saber, you will want to get more, (or additional accessories in which the points will help you in a later order, and believe me; there will be more orders, these things are addictive)

Be sure to make a video review of your saber once you get it, as that can get you even more discount points for a next order!

There's a Student  in the sabering club that I attend that uses a Dark Prophecy; that thing is STUNNING!!!

PASSION, yet PEACE
SERENITY, yet EMOTION
CHAOS, yet ORDER
THE FORCE, in BALANCE

SharkBait
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 04:37:53 AM »

Im hitting the problem of the 45 battery set up, is it really worth it seeing as how my dad gets free 3-A batteries at work?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 04:54:22 AM by SharkBait » Logged

SharkBait
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 04:54:50 AM »

Im just wondering about which battery setup I should go with. I have a lot of 3xA batteries at home and have free access to them from work, but im wondering if the li-ion vp1 buckpuck setup is really worth the 45? I am basically paying for just the buckpuck seeing as how I could get the free standard and free batteries. Are there any added benefits of the li-ion setup apart from the buckpuck? Also how long is the estimated time the standard setup batteries last to the li-ion for a stunt saber with no sound and just a tricree guardian blue led

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 01:14:33 PM »

keep in mind the point system, you can always order the extra pommel later using your points for a discount. so if I got my math right...about $8 off

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

RedComet
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Now, let's see how good your lightsaber is.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 02:18:32 PM »

I've heard only good things about the prophecy. Very recognizable canon style hilt and comfortable. Easy to upgrade to make even more "screen accurate" with addition of grips and a clamp. Would be a great piece to round out a Jedi costume.
Ultimately, "style wise" you gotta ask yourself if you want something more unique, simple or classic (screen style).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archon v2.1 Green (stunt)
Sentinal V4 Red (stunt)

In Transit:
Archon v3.1 OSB LTE Green

SharkBait
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 05:54:41 PM »

this is going to be the final setup

Options:
Switch Color Notification:Acknowledged
Blade LED Color:TRI Guardian Blue
Battery Configuration:Standard Setup
Recharge Port:No Recharge Port
Blade Length:36" Standard Size
Blade Option:UltraEdge Midgrade
Pommel:Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended
Blade Tip:Round Tip
Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!
Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Standard Plug
Include Saber Stand:No Thanks
Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks

I decided to go with the standard setup, The only major downside I am seeing is losing the buck puck .Im wondering if the one offered separately the store is the same one that goes in all li-ion setups? Also if I buy this buck pluck is it compatible with the regular setup, if so would I have to do it manually? or can ultrasabers put it in before it is sent to me? If I do have to do it by hand, is there anywhere that I can find instructions to doing this?

Thank guys  Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: