Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New comic series, you MIGHT want to read.  (Read 1597 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« on: October 24, 2011, 04:39:29 PM »

http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/59148-star-wars-dawn-of-the-jedi-slated-for-2012

Dark Horse Comics has confirmed that a Star Wars prequel comicbook - depicting the ancient, unexplored past of a galaxy far, far away - will be hitting store shelves next year.

"Dawn of the Jedi" is expected to establish the origin of the Jedi Order in the distant past, before the invention of the light-saber, when the connection to the force was still a new, untested thing, and the galaxy was still mostly unexplored.

The line is slated to launch as a #0 issue, which will serve as an introduction to the setting and major characters. It will be followed by issue #1 which kicks off the story.

Unfortunately, it remains unclear how far the "Dawn of the Jedi" story will extend, and how much of the comic will actually be considered top-level canon.

Here is a excerpt of the synopsis from the official press release:

"It began with the mysterious pyramid ships - the Tho Yor - scattered to the eight corners of the galaxy, and ended with the establishment of an Order that would change the universe forever.

"On the planet Tython, in the center of the galaxy, an order of warrior monks strives to maintain peace and to balance the mysterious power known as the Force. But a stranger is coming - one who will destroy both peace and balance, and open the galaxy to exploration and conquest. This is where it all begins!"

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi was created by John Ostrander and Jan Duursema - both of whom have worked on other popular Star Wars stories in the past.

Issue #0 will hit store shelves on February 1, 2012, with issue #1 is slated for February 15 , 2012.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 04:40:31 PM »

Oh Snap!

This is going to be awesome opossum.Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »

its definitely gonna be a big thing.  though without lightsabers (and this might seem childish) it might be hard to capture some of the audience.

Then again, it is written by John Ostrander, a very prominent writer of star wars and a lot of his stuff becomes canonical, so i'm sure it would be absorbed by fans pretty quick.  and who doesnt want to cosplay in those white ancient force-wielder clothes.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:42:43 AM »

wow this sounds very cool. good  find tj

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 02:15:10 AM »

So far I have collected almost all (actually I think it is all) of the Dark Horse comics.  I'm not positive, but I believe all of them are considered cannon except for the visionary and infinity ones.  I actually like the longer running series that takes one or more years to complete such as:  Legacy, Empire, Rebel Squadron, ect.    Additionally, starting this month (Oct 26) Crimson Empire Vol III begins for a 5 issue series.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:22 AM »

Hopefully their artist is better than the one in The Old Republic comic series. Cheesy

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »

Hopefully their artist is better than the one in The Old Republic comic series. Cheesy

I agree, I liked that story but the artist looked like he was just sketching and decided it was good enough.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:13:28 PM »

So far I have collected almost all (actually I think it is all) of the Dark Horse comics.  I'm not positive, but I believe all of them are considered cannon except for the visionary and infinity ones.  I actually like the longer running series that takes one or more years to complete such as:  Legacy, Empire, Rebel Squadron, ect.    Additionally, starting this month (Oct 26) Crimson Empire Vol III begins for a 5 issue series.

january sees the release of the Legacy: War miniseries.

anyways i'm at the halfway point in legacy, then realized that there's a tie in that swallowed up 4 series into it's 2 volumes.  Star Wars Vector.

anyway back on topic.  i think the series would be very successful if they shot some long range connections to current cannon events.  its gonna be tough to pull off, but i guess the star wars universe is always expanding, and for the better.  now it's ok to run around with a regular sword and still be star wars.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 03:37:06 AM »

I agree, I liked that story but the artist looked like he was just sketching and decided it was good enough.

Yeah my buddy's wife couldn't stand the way it looked since she's an artist. LOL

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 03:57:16 AM »

man didn't think they were going to go that far back I can see it now SWTOOONR
Starwars the old old old not republic since it wasn't established yet LOL  Cheesy It will be neat seeing characters be amazed and frighten at what they can do with the force. we are all so used to seeing jedi and sith just kick butt with lightsabers and force powers so it will be a cool change of pace when this comic series starts. Smiley

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 07:07:55 AM »

Interesting, Very Interesting Wink!!!

(When I Perfect Flow Walking (to the point of being able to interact with the past) I'll Know Exactly When To Go Back and Kill Off The Scourge Before They Are Ever Allowed To Evolve Into The Arrogant Baby Stealers They Are Today Wink!!!)

But In All Seriousness lol... This Is Really Cool  Grin

I Want To See The VERY FIRST SITH LORD (or DARK JEDI) NAILED DOWN AND STRICTLY DEFINED  Cool

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: