Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: I finally did it.  (Read 13391 times)
Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 05:15:15 AM »

as another side note, remember to start with a good stretch before AND AFTER the workouts... ... as a massage therapist.. i cannot stress this factor enough.... i have seen too often people go to gyms, or do workouts, and hurt later, .. but never stretched before, let alone after... that being said... i will be posting a short video of a stretching routine that will target all parts of the body... it ill help to alleviate pain, as well as increase nature body flexibility, as well as range of motion.... again, i dont have this video yet, but as i am a massage therapist, and work for a rehabilitation/fitness lifestyle center "gym" if you will... (we are more then just joe's gym, my personal feeling there)   and have been wanting to get a few core/overall body toning exercises for the members as some have asked about what exercises would be good for getting to and staying in a top fit for lightsaber dueling in general.. witch the thread can be found here as well as where i will be posting my stretch routine video in the coming week....  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8744.0    again, i am a licensed massage therapist by the state of Florida, with nation qualification to work in any state as long as a transfer my license over to that state....for legal purposes my LMT # is MA58168... this is also a way to assure you that i do know what i am talking about, lol, just wanted to clarify that.. feel free to look up my license. ^.^

P.S. .... i am in no way saying that this is how its done... this will simply my gift to the members of this community as a way to get a good stretch in the comfort of your own home.. it would even benefit you to do it in the mornings, before going to work, or starting your day, get the blood flowing so to speak.... on that note, i will end my reply.. lol will let you all know when i post the video

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 05:39:50 AM »

one circuit would be 8 rounds of 20 secs with ten rest, its not something you could do straight after a jog tbh without a high fitness level. the only way it could help you bulk would be to add weights that you can use dynamically like a kettlebell or a belgian bag. to bulk you pretty much want to eat high protein foods and lift weights. cardio circuits like this are for fitness and weight loss, you can also buy some weights and/or go to the gym or buy free weights. it willl get you lean and strong if you add weights like kettlebells etc to it Smiley

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation Smiley Weights have always been daunting for me. I plan on losing weight first, then bulking up, to be honest. One step at a time Cheesy

as another side note, remember to start with a good stretch before AND AFTER the workouts... ... as a massage therapist.. i cannot stress this factor enough.... i have seen too often people go to gyms, or do workouts, and hurt later, .. but never stretched before, let alone after... that being said... i will be posting a short video of a stretching routine that will target all parts of the body... it ill help to alleviate pain, as well as increase nature body flexibility, as well as range of motion.... again, i dont have this video yet, but as i am a massage therapist, and work for a rehabilitation/fitness lifestyle center "gym" if you will... (we are more then just joe's gym, my personal feeling there)   and have been wanting to get a few core/overall body toning exercises for the members as some have asked about what exercises would be good for getting to and staying in a top fit for lightsaber dueling in general.. witch the thread can be found here as well as where i will be posting my stretch routine video in the coming week....  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=8744.0    again, i am a licensed massage therapist by the state of Florida, with nation qualification to work in any state as long as a transfer my license over to that state....for legal purposes my LMT # is MA58168... this is also a way to assure you that i do know what i am talking about, lol, just wanted to clarify that.. feel free to look up my license. ^.^

P.S. .... i am in no way saying that this is how its done... this will simply my gift to the members of this community as a way to get a good stretch in the comfort of your own home.. it would even benefit you to do it in the mornings, before going to work, or starting your day, get the blood flowing so to speak.... on that note, i will end my reply.. lol will let you all know when i post the video

That would be immensely helpful! I haven't been stretching before my workouts, though. I've been doing it after the workouts. Oops. Also, I do know a few stretches, but I only have a vague understanding of which areas the stretches target. So once again, that video would be very helpful Smiley

dhenwood
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 28

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 05:42:55 AM »

the fastest way to burn far is lifting weights unfortunately as its the most strenuous exercise but equally close is running and cardio if you go on stephen kestings website grapple arts a judo and bjj site he has a great fitness article for a walk run program Smiley

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
()={i i][llll][  o{ii[}}] | ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: )
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 05:58:07 AM »

the fastest way to burn far is lifting weights unfortunately as its the most strenuous exercise but equally close is running and cardio if you go on stephen kestings website grapple arts a judo and bjj site he has a great fitness article for a walk run program Smiley

Really? Well, that's surprising.

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 11:42:18 AM »

its the most strenuous activity without a doubt lifting heavy i mean with deadlifts etc, i know a powerlifter who happily 2500 - 3000 calories on a workout day and he still loses weight (he is eating good clean food though) hes also using intermittent fasting diet that seems to work well for him Smiley

( :::::::::::::::::::::::[}o[i i i i i i i][ i i i i i i i]o{}::::::::::::::::::::: )
                                       Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 94

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »

truth be told diet is about 80% of weight loss.
My diet has become this

5AM
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 slice wheat toast with a little peanut butter
1/2 grapefruit

9AM
Protein bar or shake

11AM
1/2 chicken breat or fish fillet
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 mixed veggies Steamed or raw

2PM
Other half of grapefruit
Protein bar or shake

5pm work out
usually here i'll do a preworkout drink
after I hot a post work out drink

7PM
a high protein meat, chicken , fish or beef
1 cup veggies steamed or raw.
1 cup of carbs I like sweet potatoes, brown rice, or whole wheat pasta

9pm protein shake before bed
930 Lights out
you xan modify as you need to just notice this theres no fast food no premade anyhting. NOthing Porcessed at all. Reason being I cant control how its prepared. Food prep is easy and you can often do it in 30 minutes or so.
Also this is what works for me, has worked for me when i was banging the iron six days a week.

my gym routine is this
Mon
chest , tri
Tue
back and biceps
Wend
Legs and abs
THur
Chest and tri
Frid
back and biceps. I do cardio each day also 30 minutes or so on a bike or treadmill,stair climber etc. I switch yp the order every 4 weeks so as to not plateau.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Uh General Solo, I disagree.

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 04:51:42 PM »

my only criticism of that workout schedule is the amount of protein supplements your using raven, pre workout and after workout is ok but i dont really think there is much benefit to the morning one and i personally have a before or an after workout drink rather than both, there is only so much protein that can be processed every 4 hours which is around 24.5 grams you dont wanna over do it as it'll slow your metabolism down.

but other than that thats a sound workout schedule with a good clean diet  Cheesy must be in good shape

Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 05:01:39 PM »

the after is more a recovery than pure protein. Also given the amount of weight Im trying lose i need it. from what i see I should be consuimng 1 gram to 1 1/2 grams of protein per pound of weight. as of now my protein intake is 250 grams. I will cut it as the weight comes off> I am working on dropping down to 215 220 range. I may try and go back to my high school playing weight or 185. but thats another goal for later.
the workout was my routine back when i was gettin after it. So it seemed a logical place to begin again.
I'll look at the protein intake again and get with the rainer about slowing my metabolic rate. that is counter productive bigtime.
thanks man.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

dhenwood
Knight Captain

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »

no worries man, but yh one supplemental shake and one protein based meal is plenty of protein for one day imo its what i use im actually the target weight you want to be round about. dropped from 240 ish now i fluctuate between 200 and 215 pending on what category i want to compete in for jiu jitsu.

Phantom LE AS

/l-----¬
                               \l
     Scorpion BR

Da

RevanChrist
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 05:55:58 PM »

I have noillusions of competition. but I do wanna look decent when i take my gf to the Virgin Islands this summer.
Women do wierd stuff to men.

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 06:17:18 PM »

i will be posting a short video of a stretching routine that will target all parts of the body... it ill help to alleviate pain, as well as increase nature body flexibility, as well as range of motion

I would be very interested to see this!  I do a basic morning and evening workout, and definitely stretch before.  Never really stretched after though.  I'd love to see the proper stretches and reasons for them. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 06:41:16 PM »

I just oatmeal for breakfast every day. For lunch, I have either a nice, healthy sammich with fruits, or some not so healthy TV dinners, or ramen (but hey, I live with my parents and they don't want to do any extra work, nor do they want me to do any extra work for odd reasons). For dinner, it's pretty much always meats and vegetables, so no real issues there. Though I suppose the recipes could be healthier, but once again, I live with my parents, and I'm not going to go all nit-picky on them. For snacks in between meals, I just have a variety of nuts or fruits, such as bananas or apples. Oh, and the oatmeal is instant, but it's the "original flavor" Quaker Oats kind. I also slice up a banana and put it in there as well. I use 1% milk for that as well.

Am I in the clear or should I be doing something different?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 06:51:40 PM »

I would be very interested to see this!  I do a basic morning and evening workout, and definitely stretch before.  Never really stretched after though.  I'd love to see the proper stretches and reasons for them. 

I highly recommend stretching before and after any exercise.  My students do a warmup jog first, then stretching, then training.  At the end of practice they usually do a cool down stretch as well.

I just oatmeal for breakfast every day. For lunch, I have either a nice, healthy sammich with fruits, or some not so healthy TV dinners, or ramen (but hey, I live with my parents and they don't want to do any extra work, nor do they want me to do any extra work for odd reasons). For dinner, it's pretty much always meats and vegetables, so no real issues there. Though I suppose the recipes could be healthier, but once again, I live with my parents, and I'm not going to go all nit-picky on them. For snacks in between meals, I just have a variety of nuts or fruits, such as bananas or apples. Oh, and the oatmeal is instant, but it's the "original flavor" Quaker Oats kind. I also slice up a banana and put it in there as well. I use 1% milk for that as well.

Am I in the clear or should I be doing something different?

Doesn't sound half bad!  My only advice is to try cooking up a few things yourself.  I know I never cooked when I was younger, but now that I'm living on my own I've discovered that cooking is actually pretty easy (and even fun sometimes).

Also, in the realm of depression I HIGHLY recommend a vitamin D supplement, especially if you're talking about seasonal depression.  I've been using it this winter and it has helped me immensely.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 07:10:51 PM »

i should have the short video by tonight .. worked this morning, took a nap, bout to head up there to get a little stretch on.. lmao.. as for your diet, it sounds pretty good. not bad or good.. over eating, and under eating are issues, as long as you aren't doing that your diet sounds good for now..  as for your parents not wanting you to do anything extra.. lol, it is really up to you, if you want the healthier foods, nothing is stopping you from going to the store and getting them yourself.. unless you don't have a job.. lol, then it would fall on you asking your folks for a side item... lol, witch i m not saying you have to.. lol  you want to make sure your calories are not over the amount you work off in a day... so if you do normal exercise and Example: burn 1500 calories in a day, you should not have more then that many calories in your daily diet...as well as cutting any excess fat off of any meats you eat...

i have done that for.. almost since i was 5, 27 now almost 28... i bite down into a piece of fatty gristle... and lost my appetite right there.. my folk were mad i didn't finish my meal.. but literally... it was like biting down on plastic rubber... very UN-natural...since then i have trimmed every piece of meet that has come in front of me... there is a good thing to this.... all the extra fat... might have the flavor of the meal in it... .. BUT ITS EXTRA FAT on top of what your body makes, that fatty gristle can add to the fat in your body.. not saying it never passes through the body, but some of it will get broken down, and put into the body as energy stores.... remember the human body burns fat and cholesterol  as one of its fuel sources.. its when we eat and don't do any kind of outdoor/indoor exercise to get the blood pumping and the bodies power factory to kick into gear...

also, drinking a glass of water in the morning with your meal, will help kick-start your metabolism...don't drink more then 5 glasses.. that 2 cups a glass.....of water a day, you can water log yourself, witch is no fun

water is the bodies natural means of helping the body move the toxins and waste product out of your system.. if you have less water, or more viscus.. (from sodas, sweet drinks) fluids in your system, your body cant move those toxins as well ... witch then sit in your system and can cause all kinds of things..

so.. in light...
the will and motivation  to get out there and do it.
proper diet (at least a little healthy, don't have to be a health nut but common sense)
at least a little exercise.. even if its just running around till you fall over...
and the stretches i will have later tonight

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:32 PM »

I highly recommend stretching before and after any exercise.  My students do a warmup jog first, then stretching, then training.  At the end of practice they usually do a cool down stretch as well.

I'm discovering that.  I've always stretched before I exercise.  Usually just do a light walk or something to cool down, but I'll start stretching after too. 

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: