Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help! Are my sabers Dark Violet as I requested?  (Read 925 times)
dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 9

All is as the Force wills it.

« on: July 13, 2017, 06:34:49 PM »

US and friends,

I ordered twin Apprentices in DVA for a staff.

Do these look correct?

http://imgur.com/a/H4qrs

If it clarifies the picture, I'm using UE and whatever charge they arrived with.

LIGHT Side points, if you would.

Collection:
War Glaive in tri-cree AB, Obsidian V4
Twin Apprentice v4 LEs in DVA for staff - one w/o sound, one Obsidian V4
Aeon V4 LE in SD, Obsidian LTE

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 07:42:05 PM »

Looks fine. You may try fully charged batteries and see if it effects the colour. It seems to change it's hue slightly to red in the upper part. Could be the picture, though. Do you use Li-Ion setup or Standard setup?

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »

These are Li-ion precisely because I wanted fuller, brighter blades. US support also confirmed they're DV, citing the bluish hue to the blade.

I'm definitely curious to swap out one of the UE blades for a mid-grade and compare the difference side-by-side!

Collection:

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:05:16 PM »

Then it's definitely DVA - mine looks a bit more blueish around the upper part, but you're right, the hue clearly states it's DVA.

You should really try the Mid Grade! It gives you a more authentic look of DVA. UE tends to slightly wash out the colour.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 10:19:28 PM »

The Dark Violet Amethyst looks a little Indigo, but mostly purple. The blue hue is normal. It's a very nice color.

dobralov
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 12:27:39 AM »

So, made it home from work, and sad to discover they botched my order. One saber has the Li-ion, one does not (though I paid for both). The one that does NOT is distinctively less indigo and more purple. I'd take a pic, but the camera doesn't really pick up the difference. Sending an email tonight, I'm confident US will fix their mistake.

Also - I swapped UE and mid-grade on the Li-Ion, and was surprised to see no remarkable difference in hue between the two. As such, I give the edge to UE on account of its fuller blade. Still, with both blades, the indigo changes to a more pinkish hue toward the tip. It's subtle, but noticeable.

Still, I like the hue. Also tried the new UE on my arctic blue aeon, and WOW. It looks incredible!

Collection:

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 01:19:30 AM »

They will. US has excellent after-sales service whether it's warranty and or for giving you what you ordered from a mistake. Just take a photo of what you got, attach to your email and explain.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »

Still, I like the hue. Also tried the new UE on my arctic blue aeon, and WOW. It looks incredible!

Oh yes, I ordered my first sabers (two Aeon v3 LE) in AB and with UE blades almost 4 years ago... and I was speechless - literally!

Of course, the Manticore in DVA (additional MLS in Blazing Red) w/ an illuminated AV switch in red and my most valuable saber, an Emerald Archon v2.1 w/ an illuminated AV switch in green, also impressed me very much when I received them!

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: