Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers Dominix & Initiate LE V3 Ultraproffie Lite Neopixle Review  (Read 2636 times)
uglykidcid
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

Darth Xander

« on: October 28, 2023, 06:42:53 PM »

I just purchased 4 sabers:
 2x Dominix LE V3 Ultraproffie Lite Neopixle 36"
 2x Initiate LE V3 Ultraproffie Lite Ultra Edge Heavy Grade 24" (Phantom V3)

I bought these to dual wield spins, and also for the Phantom as a dual blade. I find the weight of the Neopixle is much better for saber spins and stunts then smaller and lighter sabers. The Initiate and the Dominix are really two different things so I just got them both. The initiates are not Neopixle because 1) I needed 24" and 2) I got Ultra Edge Heavy Grades for hard stunt use.

I managed to break one of the Dominix sabers and Ultra sabers had it back to me in less about 10 days with shipping times which was great. I also managed to slam one of the ultra edge blades in a metal door frame and they replaced the blade for free with the blade coupon

Consequently I won 2nd place in the last raffle and got a Vader Saber which is definitively my favorite replica so you can imagine my utter shock when it arrived. I think I cuddled with it for a week.

I've owned Ultra Sabers for more than 15 years and really I've had good luck with their quality and presets. I especially like that the Ultrproffie comes out of the box with presets that can be controlled from teh hilt. If you don't know, proffie is open source so anyone selling a proffie board has to create the software for it to work. Ultra Sabers has done that for the customer saving time and aggravation. Other saber companies expect you to download the software and figure it out yourself. So, when I started saber shopping recently I was not necessarily sold on buying one saber from Ultra Sabers let alone four sabers. I thoroughly researched the market and found that they still make the best stunt saber for actual use and they make the easiest use of presets and controls. Now granted if I was looking for a delicate replica to put in a glass case, I could go a different route. But as a 2nd degree black belt and a fencing student I want to wail on these sabers like a rabid monster, and Ultra Sabers makes the best saber for that, so this is why I own so many.

I posted a review on youtube: https://youtu.be/IimtVxVv8xw?si=RZ0TYk2I47F_y_7j

I also posted some dual wielding saber spins https://youtu.be/z0UOeTQqQhw

If you don't live life on the edge you can't see the view

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 02:17:29 AM »

Hi there Uglykidcid!

I was gonna say that Ultrasabers make some of the best, hardwearing hilts for actual usage but as a 15 year veteran fan you know that already! I only mentioned to another member recently that a lot of saber academies I know of choose US hilts.

And you chose some nice hilts yourself - they make a nice family saber photo (thanks for sharing!).

p.s. I watched your review and liked your honest but balanced views. And talking of views, if you want to show off the colour of your blades in future videos you might want to try this trick... hold the blade lit up in front of your flat screen TV (TV switched off) then the colours reflect off the screen really clear with out glare - you just have to get the angles right.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 05:45:17 PM »

I just purchased 4 sabers:
 2x Dominix LE V3 Ultraproffie Lite Neopixle 36"
 2x Initiate LE V3 Ultraproffie Lite Ultra Edge Heavy Grade 24" (Phantom V3)

I bought these to dual wield spins, and also for the Phantom as a dual blade. I find the weight of the Neopixle is much better for saber spins and stunts then smaller and lighter sabers. The Initiate and the Dominix are really two different things so I just got them both. The initiates are not Neopixle because 1) I needed 24" and 2) I got Ultra Edge Heavy Grades for hard stunt use.

I managed to break one of the Dominix sabers and Ultra sabers had it back to me in less about 10 days with shipping times which was great. I also managed to slam one of the ultra edge blades in a metal door frame and they replaced the blade for free with the blade coupon

Consequently I won 2nd place in the last raffle and got a Vader Saber which is definitively my favorite replica so you can imagine my utter shock when it arrived. I think I cuddled with it for a week.

I've owned Ultra Sabers for more than 15 years and really I've had good luck with their quality and presets. I especially like that the Ultrproffie comes out of the box with presets that can be controlled from teh hilt. If you don't know, proffie is open source so anyone selling a proffie board has to create the software for it to work. Ultra Sabers has done that for the customer saving time and aggravation. Other saber companies expect you to download the software and figure it out yourself. So, when I started saber shopping recently I was not necessarily sold on buying one saber from Ultra Sabers let alone four sabers. I thoroughly researched the market and found that they still make the best stunt saber for actual use and they make the easiest use of presets and controls. Now granted if I was looking for a delicate replica to put in a glass case, I could go a different route. But as a 2nd degree black belt and a fencing student I want to wail on these sabers like a rabid monster, and Ultra Sabers makes the best saber for that, so this is why I own so many.

I posted a review on youtube: https://youtu.be/IimtVxVv8xw?si=RZ0TYk2I47F_y_7j

I also posted some dual wielding saber spins https://youtu.be/z0UOeTQqQhw

Like you, I've been an UltraSabers customer for many years now and never once have I had a problem.  I have to say that I've also been incredibly lucky: in six raffles, I've won a 4th place saber five times (better to be lucky than good  Grin).

Excellent review^^  Like FT already mentioned, good objectivity.

And as an aside: FT KNOWS his stuff  Smiley  His advice will never lead you wrong^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

uglykidcid
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

Darth Xander

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 03:48:46 PM »

I appreciate the feedback guys. I have an update. The Neopixles do get knocked loose on heavy use. By loose I am refering to the connection between the blade and the hilt connector. The blades never come out or anything like that. One of them cuts out from time to time on heavy impact but all I have to do is remove the battery and rotate the blade to reset it. Keep in mind by heavy impact I am in full fencing gear and we are saber dueling for hours. I also spin my sabers for hours a day and they get dropped (on carpet) a lot. So issues are to be expected. I can saber spin for hours with no issues unless I drop it really hard. My guess is one set screws for the blade is not enough and two would fix it? Only one of my two blades has the issue though so it could be a fixable issue. The initiates which are almost the exact same thing but use the UltraEdge Heavy Grade Blades instead of Neopixle have been wacked to oblivion and not had the first issue of any kind. I also discovered that fencing without a crossguard is a great way to crush your fingers. So my fix is the get the flamberge with a 36" UltraEdge Heavy Grade blade for HEMA fencing. I'll do a full review of that after I do my best to break it.

If you don't live life on the edge you can't see the view

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 02:24:54 AM »

Thanks for sharing these reviews!  I also favor the heavy blades.  I think the neo pixels look great; but replacements are not cheap! 

For the screws, I generally replace the retainer screws with thumb screws.  This makes it easier to swap blades.  You can also buy them longer than the stock screws.  That way they go deeper and hold the blade tighter.

You can see what it looks like on my Frankensaber in the customs thread.

ANoob
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2024, 08:33:00 PM »

Are you kidding me? If this is true I would be amazed to have found someone like me who does that with sabers. Learn and follow my adventure on my journal here ANoob has landed. Link here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=47957.0] [url]http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=47957.0[/url]

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

Azure Fallen diamond my main dancing saber

Initiate v2 stunt in orange cannot tell what one
Now with 40in night blade ultra edge heavy grade main sleep saber

Apprentice v5 stunt hot pink purely a daytime and disaster saber

Crimson Dominicide in BR lite sound
My number 2 sleep  saber

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: