Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1502344 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4380 on: July 05, 2016, 08:03:45 PM »

Lightwhips!

Also, if the reason UEHG blades tend to be dimmer is because it's a think semi opaque white plastic blade, why not just use tubing that is clear like a standard blad until it gets closer to the edge? Wouldn't that work?

HG blades are dimmer because they are thicker. And the UE are not opaque. If they were, no light would get through.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #4381 on: July 06, 2016, 03:10:06 PM »

I know that, I'm just saying that if it were clear plastic on the inside and then was the UE material, I'd think the UEHG wouldn't lose some of its luminosity.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4382 on: July 06, 2016, 03:15:18 PM »

In all fairness lovetadraw did say SEMI opaque.  Lightwhips though?  Just nope. Ugh! All kinds of nope...lol

Just an observation.

DS point to you both. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4383 on: July 06, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »

In all fairness lovetadraw did say SEMI opaque.  Lightwhips though?  Just nope. Ugh! All kinds of nope...lol

Just an observation.

DS point to you both. Smiley

Missed that unattached "semi-" PREFIX. ~¿~

But to answer LTD's question and apologize for being curt, the other option is just a standard HG blade. It uses the same clear plastic blade stock that the standard blade plugs use. (At least the use to use. Not sure if they still do.)

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

« Reply #4384 on: July 06, 2016, 04:45:17 PM »

Well I'm just trying to imagine a way that you could have an UE blade in heavy without the loss of light/saturation associated with that. Something like that could be nice for the Archon v3 since that needs a heavy grade blade and isn't as bright to begin with so most people I've seen opt for the standard blade over UE. I dunno, just trying to think outside the box. I bet layering the plastic material would be hard though.  Anyway, next topic!

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4385 on: July 06, 2016, 04:49:48 PM »

Well I'm just trying to imagine a way that you could have an UE blade in heavy without the loss of light/saturation associated with that. Something like that could be nice for the Archon v3 since that needs a heavy grade blade and isn't as bright to begin with so most people I've seen opt for the standard blade over UE. I dunno, just trying to think outside the box. I bet layering the plastic material would be hard though.  Anyway, next topic!

I like your thinking man.  Perhaps dipping into a liquid?? A coating?

-1 for good thinkin' lovetadraw. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4386 on: July 06, 2016, 05:09:04 PM »

My one and only UEHG came with my Mantis. Other than the fact you can visibly see the difference in wall thickness when illuminated, I thought the difference in brightness was negligible.

Sig by For Tyeth

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4387 on: July 06, 2016, 06:48:55 PM »

Plo Koon/Kit Fisto inspired saber design? I know that's probably a lot in the old Rattlesnake saber but it'd be a cool new one to do

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #4388 on: July 08, 2016, 01:29:00 AM »

I came up with a new idea for US that would be an all in one electronic solution.
My idea is to have all of the electronics in one cylindrical package.  This includes the LED module, Emerald driver, Obsidion sound board, battery pack and speaker.
This device could slide in from the top or bottom of the saber, depending on how US would implement my idea.  The speaker would be covered by a grill, kind of like what is typically found on a shotgun microphone, the Emerald, and Obsidion would be accessed via one connection.  The batteries would be removable, but could also be charged inside the device.  Simply remove the entire device from the saber hilt and put it on the charger.  This is great if you want to have several sound fonts on one device, and several others on another device.
How does the switch work in my idea, I can hear some of you asking.  Well, it has a unique connection to the device.  On one side of the device there is a channel cut into the side of it, with a connection along its center, and another connection along one edge of the channel.  The activation button will have a knob on it that fits into the channel completing the circuit between the two connections.  The knob would resemble a light bulb connector, in that it has one connection on the tip, and one on the edge.
This device would allow the sabers to be more interchangeable, and would allow the saber builders out there to use US electronics in custom builds, without having any electronic skills what so ever.
Simply install the switch into your custom build, and slide the electronic device into the hilt and secure it with a tention screw.  Simple as pie.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #4389 on: July 09, 2016, 11:00:42 PM »

^ The idea of a core chassis is and has been used before. There are many advantages as you said. That's how cars are designed and manufactured based on a chassis for many model lineups. For sabers that are quite different from each other, usually due to size and shape, such as a curved saber or a large cross guard or a larger hilt in general compared with the smaller entry models, then you would need more than one chassis. Still, there are advantages to having a few chassis and so any hilt can be used to house it. A further advantage is if the electronics fail, then only the chassis need to be sent back or attended to. Without one, the process of removing the electronics out of the hilt etc. can be more challenging unless one is a skilled technician.

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

« Reply #4390 on: July 11, 2016, 10:01:50 PM »

I was looking into getting a Flamberge at some point for my Kylo Ren costume but I feel like it's not really a good fit without the flicker that you can get from an Emerald Driver, but that doesn't work for the crossblades; not the flicker, nor the color. I wonder if they could make a version/upgrade that has all 3 blades get their light from a single led module. In a sense, the way the actual Kylo saber works. Thoughts? Would it be too dim? Can't be much worse than a windowed emitter? Or would it?

MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4391 on: July 11, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »

I was looking into getting a Flamberge at some point for my Kylo Ren costume but I feel like it's not really a good fit without the flicker that you can get from an Emerald Driver, but that doesn't work for the crossblades; not the flicker, nor the color. I wonder if they could make a version/upgrade that has all 3 blades get their light from a single led module. In a sense, the way the actual Kylo saber works. Thoughts? Would it be too dim? Can't be much worse than a windowed emitter? Or would it?

See my post on this page of the (im)patient waiting thread:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1403.6915

In short, yes, you can do the flicker, yes, you can do the color.  In fact, you can do LOTS of colors, including straight BR.  And get it to flicker.  Just think of the flicker as less a matter of changing colors, more a matter of changing brightness.

As for the split LED light idea, you might be able to come up with something with a mid-crossguard mirror/prism arrangement, but I think it'd be pretty unsatisfactory and not worth it.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4392 on: July 12, 2016, 06:57:20 PM »

I can't remember where I read this, but with a clever layout and wiring, you could evne use the Emerald Driver on the side blades, too. It would become very tight in there, but it's said to be possible. Difficult, but possible.

As it is, shade's suggestion is absolutely sufficient for the flicker effect! Have it dedicated to Ch4 and just change the brightness equally on all blades for the second colour - that gives you the desired effect.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

« Reply #4393 on: July 13, 2016, 02:54:28 AM »

Oh, so you can change the brightness pulse on an Emerald Flamberg at least? That's good to know. It's a shame they discontinued the 2 channel Drivers, that'd have been a cheep way to have Emerald when (in my case) i'd mostly only want it red.

MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4394 on: July 13, 2016, 05:56:50 PM »

Yes, changes in brightness are possible, but not colour changing. And it's really a pity that they cancelled the 2-ch Drivers...as well as the "In Series" options for both the AV switch and (in case of the crossguard sabers) the side blades...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: