Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Double saber question  (Read 681 times)
Darthpasquin
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

Fear is my compass, it drives me forward.

« on: August 13, 2018, 02:25:51 AM »

If I am getting 2 sabers and attaching to form a double/staff, will it be weird if they have different sound/light drivers?
Is one loud enough for the both or will it be obvious the sound is only coming from 1 end?
Also if you get flash on clash does the other saber in the staff flash as well, and if so can this be prevented?
Help appreciated Smiley

One passionate Sith.
Dark side points appreciated 🤓

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 02:53:29 AM »

Welcome to the forum. From what I’ve heard, mixmatching sabers won’t hurt a thing in regards to sound. Also, using one saber with sound the the other without also works out too since sound will come out of the vented couplers and I’ve heard from other members that one saber can still detect movement and still output sound when the saber without sound contacts with something.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 04:14:14 AM »

Hi again.  One saber with sound is good enough as it is always making noise... two with sound that are not in sync with each other can be a little off-setting or strike an interesting sithy harmonic discord.  Wink

Regarding the FoC... it depends upon what movements you are making with the staff... easy or more intense, etc.  Also if you have changed the sensitivity of your sabers... if chosen board has motion change features.  Obviously if there is no FoC for one of the sabers then only the one saber will flash.  You will have switch lock up on both sabers but this is only to be used for a temporary effect as will really drain the batteries and may be wearing on the board.  Smiley

DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 11:56:54 AM »

This wasn’t supposed to be here.

But double bladed sabers are fun.

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »

Actually, the default option for ordering a double bladed saber with sound in the store is only one hilt with sound. You can, of course, choose sound in both, but most people would be content with sound in just one side. I wouldn't recommend flash on clash, though, if you go with only one side having sound. The side without sound won't have FOC, and it will look funky if only one side flashes. If you want FOC, you may want to go with sound on both sides. Though, as you said, an impact on one side may activate the clash sensor on the other side and trigger a flash.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: