Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi V Sith: The Differences?  (Read 6076 times)
Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« on: November 18, 2012, 11:26:11 PM »

I'm only F2P so forgive me, but with my two characters I've come to the idea that Sith are easier in Chapter 1 than the Jedi. At level 7 I beat chapter 1 with my Sith Warrior. With my Jedi Consular I'm level 8 and still have a few more quests until I reach my saber. So I'm just curious if anyone else notices things like this, or am I way wrong in this?

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:47:13 PM »

Although I'm more partial to the Sith side of the game I kind of noticed that as well.  Just my guess but I wonder if they wrote the Jedi area first, then scrambled at the end for the Sith side.  Also notice that the Jedi only has one heroic on the starting planet and the Sith has two.

But once you get to the second planet it tends to become even.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 01:38:05 AM »

Funny, both my Jedi and Sith characters finished chapter 1 at level 9-10. The Jedi side does feel harder though, some of the bosses are quite hard if you're solo.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:56:27 AM »

Different experiences for different classes. You don't want them all the same anyway. It'd get boring.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

XWX
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »

Yeah, for most of my characters so far (I've got one of each class) they're all at about level ten, or close to it by the time I get off the starting planet, it's nice for getting right into the advance classes as soon as you're able.

Zurth
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »

Different experiences for different classes. You don't want them all the same anyway. It'd get boring.

I feel like I should disagree pre-10 the classes are the same. Knight-Warrior/Consular-Inquistor/Trooper-BountyHunter/Smuggler-Agent. The abilities may look different but they play very similar until you get to ten. And am I the only one who managed to get off the Origin planet pre-10?

Lightsabers:
Dark Initiate V2: BR
Dark Initiate V2 LE: CG, VA
Dark Liberator V2: AS
Red SI Battle Saber: V2 FO

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »

Ive honestly not noticed a difference

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »

I feel like I should disagree pre-10 the classes are the same. Knight-Warrior/Consular-Inquistor/Trooper-BountyHunter/Smuggler-Agent. The abilities may look different but they play very similar until you get to ten. And am I the only one who managed to get off the Origin planet pre-10?

Yeah, they're pretty much the same gameplay-wise at the beginning.

And getting off the starting planet pre-10 is a BAD thing, because it probably means you rushed through the quests and maybe even skipped a few, and you won't be able to get the advanced class upgrade on the fleet right away. On one of my characters, my Sith Warrior I think, I was ready to leave at the end of level 8, but I chose not to and did all remaining sidequests/grinded until I reached 10. It's always optimal in this kind of game to do as much quests as possible and keep your level above of the quest's level, especially if you're playing solo and can't rely on others.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 05:48:07 PM »

I have several different toons on bolth sides. Clearly the Dark Side has much better , more in depth story lines.  The light side story's are ok, but with the Dark Side stories you just can't wait to see what's gonna happen next.

dark side points please

Veldryne
The Second Chosen One
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 268

" Kind hearted jerk"

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »

i did a jugg and an assassin up to 30 and i gotta disagree, i found both storylines very very boring, i guess the selfishness involved in both of them just doesnt do it for me.

"Corellians... no wonder the other Jedi didn't want you leaving your system."
"The rest of you were just afraid we wouldn't leave anything for you to do after we were done."
Luke & Corran (I,J)

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »

As far as stories go, many people did not like the Jedi Knight class story. Granted, I've not finished it yet (level 48), I really enjoy it!

I hated the Agent story. By the time I was done with Balmorra, I couldn't tell who I was working for. I really need to play the Agent again though, maybe a second time through I'll like it. I did like the Hutta story though. Impersonating the Red Blade was kinda cool.

The Bounty Hunter was awesome up until around Taris. About that time it lost me... The whole hunt thing just kind of wore off for me.

I have played other classes up to the mid teens or so, so I haven't really gotten too far in depth to their stories yet. I really want to play a Trooper though.

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 02:26:40 AM »

I got addicted to the idea of making a dark Jedi, so I make decisions based on how many Dark Side points I can earn.

Of course, with my Sith characters I've done everything to just keep getting more and more evil.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: