Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Blade Socket depth ?  (Read 2264 times)
Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« on: January 05, 2012, 02:18:24 PM »

Does the Socket depth really make a difference when using the saber for moderate to heavy dueling ?  This is going to be a major factor in my near future buys. Mostly because me and my oldest WILL be beating the snot out of each other, and I'd rather not have the blade come flying out, or bouncing around in the emitter.

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 02:56:47 PM »

I mean it does in that you want enough depth to keep the blade in and secure, but really all Ultrasabers are engineered for combat so the depth should be enough no matter what you get.  Typical US sockets are 1.5-2", which is always more than enough for me.

Chainmale75
Knight Major

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:40:18 PM »

O.k I was just wondering.  Maybe I'm looking  into things a lil too far. lol

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:54:12 PM »

O.k I was just wondering.  Maybe I'm looking  into things a lil too far. lol

You can never look into something too much before making a purchase that you'll be using to beat the snot out of somebody Wink

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 02:02:12 PM »

You can never look into something too much before making a purchase that you'll be using to beat the snot out of somebody Wink

Exactly!  Doing the research on this forum is what leads people to make very successful decisions on saber choices... I realize that there are a plethora of options, and it's not easy at all to sift through them!

Just so you know, the focus of Ultrasabers is combat-ready LED lightsabers, so you can feel comfortable in the fact that these things are built from the ground up to be used in actual sparring.  When it comes to very cool hilts that are INSANELY durable, there's really nobody that beats Ultrasabers.

Keep in mind I'm not an employee, so I'm not paid to say that.  I'm just a big, long-time fan  Grin

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »

Taking input from a short time fan...the way the site is set up, the welcoming forum loaded with valuable information, and the variety of the designs...all says professional and personable which is a rare combo.

Fans making products for fellow fans can often go south for many reasons...the Ultra crew seems to have the right blend of business sense, practical sense, and fan sense to make it work.

I appreciate all of their efforts, the options, and the desire to grow with more and varied designs.

Grin

Light side points please Smiley

Chainmale75
Knight Major

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »

Thanx again, all of you ! for the info AND patients.  Cheesy 

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 07:44:45 AM »

A socket depth of 1.5" is all that is required to keep a blade in place. Anything more is a matter of feel-preference.

A deep socket puts more of the blade in your hands, providing a more balanced feel, which ultimately leads to better weapon control. Since we focus on combat weaponry, our sabers are made with deeper blade sockets.

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »

A socket depth of 1.5" is all that is required to keep a blade in place. Anything more is a matter of feel-preference.

A deep socket puts more of the blade in your hands, providing a more balanced feel, which ultimately leads to better weapon control. Since we focus on combat weaponry, our sabers are made with deeper blade sockets.

Nuff said...

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Darkside Hero
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »

Exactly!  Doing the research on this forum is what leads people to make very successful decisions on saber choices... I realize that there are a plethora of options, and it's not easy at all to sift through them!

Just so you know, the focus of Ultrasabers is combat-ready LED lightsabers, so you can feel comfortable in the fact that these things are built from the ground up to be used in actual sparring.  When it comes to very cool hilts that are INSANELY durable, there's really nobody that beats Ultrasabers.

Keep in mind I'm not an employee, so I'm not paid to say that.  I'm just a big, long-time fan  Grin

You guys are answering questions before I even get a chance to ask them!

(Menacing Stare) 

Amen
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 11:45:53 PM »

Out of all the sabers I have acquired, the one saber emitter that I wish had a bit more hold on the blade is the Catalyst.  Do you guys agree, or have other thoughts?  Warglave, Initiate, Aeon, Warglave, Catalyst, Prophecy, Bane. . .those are the ones I am comparing.
Amen.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: