Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How does the Flash for RGB works?  (Read 942 times)
cloudmdc
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 18, 2012, 12:36:32 PM »

I`m thinking about buying a saber with a RGB Flash. Can anyone explain to me how it work? I have to pick the color? the saber pick a color for me?

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 01:43:05 PM »

Here is my understanding:

Inside the hilt is a sensor that detects a sudden stop.  This informs the sound board to divert power to a 2nd circuit.  The 2nd circuit powers a portion of a 4 die LED that causes a color change. 

Definitely something interesting but I suggest always buying this option until you have had years of practice with electronics to attempt. 

If you like to have a saber that will be about as close to a real light saber as possible though, I would suggest making the purchase.  I think the price option is only 20-25 more.

Onto your last two questions.  You pick the original color and the 2nd color when you order.  Like I would want my blade in normal mode to be blue so I pick Guardian Blue and my flash color to be yellow so I pick Sentinel Yellow by placing an order comment at the end of my purchase.  When you receive your saber in the mail and begin to spar, the saber will then pick the times to flash from Blue to Yellow.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »

So when he orders the FoC on his RGB, a mod is made to the board to flash only the chosen color, regardless of the main color(color in use) ?

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Amen
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 06:09:24 PM »

That is how mine works.
Amen

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:25:53 PM »

That is my understanding of it as well.  I do not own RGB so I am not 100% for certain.  I am only going off things I have read about individually wiring RGB LED's to get the Flash effect.  They may only have one color offered so it is probably a good idea to email Deep ([email protected]) to be 100% before placing your order.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: