Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Catalyst Pommel and v3 Sabers  (Read 1024 times)
thisberichard
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

« on: April 03, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »

So...
I've been musing on picking up a v3 saber -- probably an initiate as an off-hand weapon, not that it especially matters -- and I've been thinking a lot about what kind of pommel I'd get. I'd definitely want sound, after all, and the plain vented pommel with the single large hole doesn't really appeal to me. And as I was looking through the options, it seemed to me that most of them would seem kind of bulky at the bottom of a simple v3 saber like an initiate. The Archon pommel, for instance, flares out fully another half-inch past the width of a v3 Initiate.

I'm looking at the Catalyst pommel as an answer to that issue. Part of what I love about the Catalyst is how the whole thing looks like a single, smoothly-tapered piece, and I think that would look pretty great on any saber with a relatively simple design, v3 Initiate included.

Thing is, the Catalyst pommel says that it's 1.4 inches wide at the widest point -- the part that would meet the saber -- while the v3 Initiate is 1.45 inches wide. I realize that's only one twentieth of an inch, but I feel like it would still feel kind of strange against the skin to have the saber suddenly cut /in/ as it reaches the pommel, and it would mess with the thing I like so much about the pommel on the Catalyst -- how it's flush against the bottom of the hilt's body and makes the whole thing feel like a single piece.

So, okay, here's the question:
Does anyone know if there's /actually/ a difference there? It could be that the initiate's only 1.4 -- not 1.45 -- inches wide at the very base, for instance. Alternately, it could be that they're both either 1.4 or 1.45 and they just ended up with different numbers on the site because it's such a small distinction.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Shock LE (MLS, default: Adegan Silver)
Bellicose (MLS, default: Guardian Blue)

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 03:46:27 AM »

All of the v3 sabers are MHS compatible. This means that if you were to get the Initiate v3 and specify that you wanted the Catalyst pommel that is what you would get and it will fit. All of the MHS sabers can have any MHS pommel. The catalyst is MHS compatible, which means the pommel will fit and v3 saber. Hopes this helps.

JediGuardian18
Sabers:
Aeon LE v3: Guardian Blue, AV switch, Obsidian
Dark Liberator v3: Dark Violet Amethyst: Obsidian
Dark Initiate v2: Adegan Silver
Inheritor: Amber, Deep Red, Royal Blue: Petit Crouton 2.0

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 04:08:04 AM »

All of the v3 sabers are MHS compatible. This means that if you were to get the Initiate v3 and specify that you wanted the Catalyst pommel that is what you would get and it will fit. All of the MHS sabers can have any MHS pommel. The catalyst is MHS compatible, which means the pommel will fit and v3 saber. Hopes this helps.

This is true.

I think he might also be wondering if the Catalyst pommel will sit flush with the body of the saber.

When I took a picture for a member of the Archon V2 body with the Catalyst pommel, it wasn't flush with the body.

I can try tomorrow with the Catalyst pommel on my Aeon V3.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

thisberichard
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »

I think he might also be wondering if the Catalyst pommel will sit flush with the body of the saber.

When I took a picture for a member of the Archon V2 body with the Catalyst pommel, it wasn't flush with the body.

I can try tomorrow with the Catalyst pommel on my Aeon V3.

That is what I was trying to ask. Sorry about that -- I tend to be long-winded and a bit meandering.

Anyway, that's kind of disappointing, but it's hardly the end of the world. Plenty of good options still out there.

Shock LE (MLS, default: Adegan Silver)
Bellicose (MLS, default: Guardian Blue)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 03:37:51 PM »

That is what I was trying to ask. Sorry about that -- I tend to be long-winded and a bit meandering.

Anyway, that's kind of disappointing, but it's hardly the end of the world. Plenty of good options still out there.

Catalyst pommel.

Shock Pommel.

Just so you can see.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: