Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Figures  (Read 116182 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2019, 05:42:15 PM »

Yeah, how do they control issues like Retreating Blade Stall? Where are the Anti-Torque pedals? Can I have a Collective please?

I need to get MS Flight Simulator up and running again, I miss buzzing around in my helicopter (I also have an ETA-2 Interceptor model and the Millennium Falcon)

More importantly;

HOW DO CYLINDRICAL ENERGY BLADES CREATE LIFT

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2019, 05:56:44 PM »

More importantly;

HOW DO CYLINDRICAL ENERGY BLADES CREATE LIFT

Yes cylinders don't have a Chord profile shape to create the difference in air pressure above and below the blade/rotor disk to produce lift (I think I got that right - also the collective alters the pitch of the blade to create AoA)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2019, 05:58:52 PM »

Yes cylinders don't have a Chord profile shape to create the difference in air pressure above and below the blade/rotor disk to produce lift (I think I got that right - also the collective alters the pitch of the blade to create AoA)

Aye, bout sums it up.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2019, 06:08:25 PM »

Aye, bout sums it up.

That's a relief, I am a self taught helicopter simulator pilot and tried reading up on all the theory to make my simming more realistic.
I actually landed a Sikorsky (S-61) Sea King on an aircraft carrier in a Royal Navy simulator and surprised all the Instructors once.

Anyhoo, back to action figures...

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2019, 11:06:47 PM »

Yea the Spinning I had no issue with...its kind of like Grevious.  Even the idea that their "kitsch" was throwing it using the force and basically creating a spinning death trap.   Fun Fact: In the comics it is Vader who trains the Inquisitors and each one of them has at least one Cybernetic limb because of it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2019, 02:09:22 PM »

And let's not forget this abomination:

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »

Again...had that not been a lightsaber and instead had been a Chakram (like Xena) that they used the Force to manipulate...would have been better.  Like they all carried normal saber but a throwing weapon was their calling card.   I do like how Maul seeming ripped the ring off of the one he took.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2019, 08:02:46 PM »

Again...had that not been a lightsaber and instead had been a Chakram (like Xena) that they used the Force to manipulate...would have been better.  Like they all carried normal saber but a throwing weapon was their calling card.   I do like how Maul seeming ripped the ring off of the one he took.
1) They're dark Force users. There's pretty much always something around that can be thrown.
2) My major gripe with this one was that the dipshell pulls this POS to threaten the removal of a hand........YOU HAVE A DAMN ENERGY BLADE CAPABLE OF CUTTING 99% OF THE UNIVERSE IN HALF. WHY DO YOU NEED A BUZZSAW?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2019, 08:14:48 PM »

1) They're dark Force users. There's pretty much always something around that can be thrown.
2) My major gripe with this one was that the dipshell pulls this POS to threaten the removal of a hand........YOU HAVE A DAMN ENERGY BLADE CAPABLE OF CUTTING 99% OF THE UNIVERSE IN HALF. WHY DO YOU NEED A BUZZSAW?

Because edge is life /s

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2019, 08:19:31 PM »

Because edge is life /s
DIE

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2019, 08:22:53 PM »

DIE

Do it. Save me from my gym appointment.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2019, 09:00:09 PM »

if I'm being honest though, when it comes to a spinning weapon, that is about as close as they can get without actually spinning the lightsaber itself. and when I think about it, if that had been the only part that spun, and the blades remained static, I think I would have liked that weapon.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2019, 09:11:46 PM »

if I'm being honest though, when it comes to a spinning weapon, that is about as close as they can get without actually spinning the lightsaber itself. and when I think about it, if that had been the only part that spun, and the blades remained static, I think I would have liked that weapon.
I think I could agree with that. I just can't get past the superfluous existence of the saw.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2019, 09:56:36 PM »

1.) true..but same could be said of a Lightsaber.  Jedi and Sith are surrounded by weapons and they themselves are a weapon.  Yes a Saber can block laser blasts...but a Force User can simply side step and pull the blaster out of their hand.  In the old EU there were multiple examples of Force Users eschewing the Lightsaber all together.  Yes they can throw anything...but anything isn't a sharpened piece of steel that you can send hurtling around a room taking off body parts.  Its fun.

2.) Yes...but a Saber is quick and cauterizes the wound as well as burning the nerve endings.  where as a spinning saw blade is going to rip (especially if you do it slow) and be very messy and painful.  In the words of The Sheriff of Nottingham .... ".....it will hurt more."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2019, 04:57:19 PM »

1.) true..but same could be said of a Lightsaber.  Jedi and Sith are surrounded by weapons and they themselves are a weapon.  Yes a Saber can block laser blasts...but a Force User can simply side step and pull the blaster out of their hand.  In the old EU there were multiple examples of Force Users eschewing the Lightsaber all together.  Yes they can throw anything...but anything isn't a sharpened piece of steel that you can send hurtling around a room taking off body parts.  Its fun.

2.) Yes...but a Saber is quick and cauterizes the wound as well as burning the nerve endings.  where as a spinning saw blade is going to rip (especially if you do it slow) and be very messy and painful.  In the words of The Sheriff of Nottingham .... ".....it will hurt more."
I can concede both of these points. But I still argue the high probability that these were not considered in development.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: