Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Buck Puck location?  (Read 3076 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 03:48:06 AM »

Well now that's new.  The part between the boards appears to be just a wiring harness for the Obsidian sound board.

That second board though...what's that?!   Some new current limiter?  This is straight from US?

I mean, your saber works, right?  You might have got new tech...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs don't run.

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 03:52:21 AM »

On mine with buck pucks, it is located further up the wiring between the switch and the soundboard or battery holder.  It might be wrapped with the other wires (especially if there is a soundboard involved) but none of mine are like that (at least to my knowledge).  You might want to unwrap the wires are see if it there. US uses a thin circuit board buck puck and wraps it in electrical tape (it is not like what is shown on the "Electronics" part of the "Lightsabers Parts" menu).  As to the resistor, are you sure the resistor is in place of the buck puck and not for the LED.  If it is a mixed color that uses an RGB LED (Violet Amethyst, Sunrider's Destinty, Arctic Blue) there will be a resistor before the LED in order to mix the color properly.  That might not be the case, but it something to look for.

That is a wire harness in between.  I think the smaller second board is the type of buckpack Maestro Jones was describing.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 03:57:32 AM »

Interesting.  I've never even heard of those. 

Well, there ya go. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Sithlord77
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

Embrace the Darkside!

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 03:57:53 AM »

Yeah that was the inside of my Archon 3.1 I just got on May 9th. I have not unwrapped the others but they all look like that. The only one that looks different is the Initiate V5 with the resistor in it. Maybe they found a smaller component to serve as a limiter. I dont know though. I only have 9 sabers 6 sound & 3 stunt and all from US direct

In the Arsenal:
Apprentice V4 w/ Consular Green
Dominix LE V2 w/ Blazing Red
Dark Menace w/ Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Chosen One SE w/ Tri Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Graflex SE w/ Tri Consular Green w/ Obsidian V4
Bellicose w/ Obsidian V3 & Emerald 2 Channel Driver (1st Place Raffle Prize)
Archon 3.1 w/ Tri Fire Orange w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate V5 w/ Tri Guardian Blue w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate LE V4 w/ Fire Orange

Sithlord77
Knight Arbiter

Embrace the Darkside!

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2020, 04:00:57 AM »

Points to you all for helping me figure this out. Well I think its figured out lol  Undecided

In the Arsenal:

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2020, 07:19:05 PM »

Yup, that is the buck pick US us currently using.  On all of mine it is separate from the battery holder and sound board and further up towards the switch.  Well, except the diamonds.  Those seem to be the only ones here it is taped with the wires and board.  None of mine have the buck puck shown in the video unless I have swapped it out (which I have done on one and added it to another).  You can see the buck puck US uses now next to the one in the video in this thread

Dim saber and it isn't the batteries

This one was just a stunt, but it was still wrapped up in electrical tape closer to the switch.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Sithlord77
Knight Arbiter

Embrace the Darkside!

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2020, 07:29:02 PM »

Yup, that is the buck pick US us currently using.  On all of mine it is separate from the battery holder and sound board and further up towards the switch.  Well, except the diamonds.  Those seem to be the only ones here it is taped with the wires and board.  None of mine have the buck puck shown in the video unless I have swapped it out (which I have done on one and added it to another).  You can see the buck puck US uses now next to the one in the video in this thread

Dim saber and it isn't the batteries

This one was just a stunt, but it was still wrapped up in electrical tape closer to the switch.

OK Thank you very much Maestro. So I do have them they just are not like they show or used in the past. I wonder if its a common issue to blow out or dim LEDs? I dont want to void my warranty just yet and install those more solid buck pucks. As all my saber are all fairly new. But I will keep this in mind for future projects. Thanks again. Another point coming.

In the Arsenal:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: