Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: HELP STARTING  (Read 3751 times)
shmoetech
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: April 05, 2012, 09:29:56 PM »

want to stat building my first saber but dont know where to start. would like help from the experts.

shmoetech
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 10:03:36 PM »

NEW TO THE SABERS WORLD. WANT TO START BUILDING MY FIRST SABER BUT DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO START. IF ANY ONE CAN HELP IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 11:25:11 PM »

need more info such as budget what can u spend.  what color led, do you want sound? do u want led AV switch, need a little more info

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »

WE NEED SOME INFORMATION TO HELP YOU Wink

no

shmoetech
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »

COST...AS FAR AS MY IMAGINATION WILL GO. COLOR THINKING GREEN OR BLUE. THE REST IS WHY I NEED HELP!!!

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 12:41:59 AM »

why are you yelling? Smiley

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 03:18:57 AM »

Merged your two topics, to simplify things.

Basic rundown - you need external parts (body, blade holder, pommel) as well as internal ones (LED, battery pack, resistor, switch).  In addition, you need soldering knowledge and the appropriate equipment (soldering iron, solder, heat shrink, wire, wire strippers).  If you want sound, then you need a soundboard.

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 03:52:21 AM »

you will also need the schwartz

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

shmoetech
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 11:23:32 AM »

should i start with the purchase of my electronics to be positive that i dont purchase a body the correct size. also what sort of sound board should i purchase, and does LED compatability to soun board matter.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »

OK first off for green or blue I would not run any voltage over 3.7V cause its just overkill,
you are better off just getting the LED module since it is also a heatsink 25$ on this site
also I never needed to resitor a single color led off 3.7V unless it red, the green and blue work
quite well hooked directly to a single 3.7V li-ion cell. U will also need a switch ,if no sound get a
latching switch, if your are gonna use sound get a momentary switch. The Body is really up to you
if you are new to this i would just by blank hilt from here or another site, u can also use sink tube or
PVC for the body but more work still good results. As for sound of course Obsidian, there are other soundboards I will let u research them, I like a few different ones but I will say Obsidian is the only
USB soundboard out on market and also the most user friendly especially to new saber builders with
not alot of experience also you dont have to solder directly to board that is already done u just need
to solder the wires. If you are gonna switch this to say violet led you would need go with 7.4V li-ion set-up
cause you are powering 2 LED in series red and blue to get violet and would possibly need to resistor
or use buck puck or both lol

shmoetech
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 01:45:17 PM »

yhank you ninja-jedi, do you just any perticular LED module?

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »

some good advice from someone who has bought a few sabers and built some from scratch.
The best way to go to start on building a saber is to Buy on from Ultrasabers. Hear me out if were to
buy a blade and led heatsink module from anywhere you will pay 50$min. This is what I do I buy a dominixV2 or initiate or any of the 55-70$ sabers get the LED color u want for you build. So now you got your LED and ultrasabers blade which are battle ready, and basically get and extra hilt for 10-15$ you can customize for a
future project. This is what I would do personally. I only use ultrasaber blades even for the sabers i build I like them and they have nevere failed me. I hit crap all the time have it go flying out of my hand and slamming on ground still no breaks or cracks. Hope this helps a little

shmoetech
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 03:25:35 PM »

good advice ninja-jedi, but what about sound, should i hold off on such a project? and is it alright to contact for further advice.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 03:51:45 PM »

u can PM any ques on soundboards as i will not discuss competitors soundboards on here
dont wanna step on any toes, I will say the obsidian is the only one u will not have to solder directy
to the board even the cheap hasbro usually require soldering to board cause cheap wiring breaks

shmoetech
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »

purchasing initiate v2 le. is ipossible to later add sound board?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: