Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Which colors are what LEDs? - Noob Questions  (Read 5702 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 06:54:42 PM »

When I have time, I give it freely  Cheesy

Stunt is just a qualifying prefix, all other sabers not categorized as Stunts are assumed to be sound-compatible.  A stunt man doesn't usually have any lines in a movie, they just take their beating and be quiet about it.  I guess that's where the term came from, but who knows.

The sound system is always the most fragile part of the build, but we do our best to protect it.  We've had great success over the years.

One Winged Angel
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 05:01:27 AM »

I know basic electronics, I'm not an EE by any means, but I know enough to get by. In the image you posted of the battery pack/speaker combo, the red/black power the LED and the soundboard and the blue/green are solely for powering the speaker from the soundboard? Is that compatible with the cheap-o (I believe you call them economy) boards from the plastic sabers that have sound effects? I just ordered my first "real" saber (a metal hilt Grab Bag with a random LED and UE-HG blade), so I have no idea of the internal space restrictions, but would it be possible to make a "separate" circuit for the soundboard/speaker? Or is that how you guys do it currently? If anyone has an image of the internals of a sound saber (Force FX Card or otherwise) I'd very much like to see that.

Also, on a side note (since LEDs run on batteries), is it possible to replace alkaline batteries in a saber with 3.7v li-ions and dummy batteries? Would this cause any ill effects with the LED (and soundboard if there's one installed)?

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 08:07:58 AM »

ok, so question along this subject. what LED is used in the blazing orange sabers? i thought it was a Lux Rebel, but after looking on seoul's site they offer a P4 in orange. Then after looking at the Luxeon site they offer a Rebel star in both Red-orange and amber. My question is which one is used in US? From the pictures their "amber" looked more yellow then orange, has anybody used these?

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »

We use Seoul P4 Amber's unless pyrestone is requested in advance.

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 11:48:25 PM »

What does the pyrestone look like? This is the first I've heard of it.

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: